• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Generation:United

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
Introducing Pokémon Generation:United!

I have been thinking on this game for quite some time. I even wrote a good portion of it. Then, it was forgotten. A long time later, I decided to do a complete rewrite of it, using what I have learned in the meantime. The game does not have a plot. It is closer to a sandbox or open-world game than a traditional Pokémon game. What it does have, or will soon have, is the ability to import your Pokémon from your "official" Pokémon games. It will support all generations of games for import. This is the whole point of the game, that is, to continue using your old favorites and friends from your games in this new world. When you open the game, you can choose which city or town to start in, meeting people (yes, actual people) and Pokémon along the way!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

UPDATE! There is now an updater program on Sourceforge. It will update the game to the latest version with one click. If you want to try out the game, this is a perfect way, because you will easily receive the latest version! Just place the updater exe in the same folder as the game.

Everything else is on Sourceforge, including a wiki and downloads:
>>Go to Sourceforge site>>

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Cool, but what is this? Like, a battle MMO? If so, it sounds like an awesome idea! Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
Cool, but what is this? Like, a battle MMO? If so, it sounds like an awesome idea! Good luck!

You could say that. It could go several ways from where it is, but if you want a battle MMO, you'll be able to use it as one!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm picturing minecraft with pokemon (i'm assuming its not going to look like a minecraft mod)
are there going to be many areas to travel where you can buy items, save, train, and stuff like that? an open ended world is good, but only if it can be controlled; otherwise it could become very boring - just a thought
it seems like it could become something interesting if you work hard on it, good luck, and keep at it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
I'm picturing minecraft with pokemon (i'm assuming its not going to look like a minecraft mod)

I modeled my menus after Minecraft. Otherwise, it's not much like it except for server multiplayer and such. You can only do so much Pokemon in Minecraft.

are there going to be many areas to travel where you can buy items, save, train, and stuff like that?

Well, since the game is aimed at people who have already played most of the main series games, you can actually warp into most cities and towns from the menu. Wild Pokemon will appear while you walk around, and you can choose to start a battle or run away. The game autosaves whenever things happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
There is now an updater program on Sourceforge. It will update the game to the latest version with one click. If you want to try out the game, this is a perfect way, because you will easily receive the latest version! Just place the updater exe in the same location as the game.

Back