• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
well about the missingno thing on the first post...is that considered a rumour because it is a glitch pokemon using the 3rd method of catching mew glitch.
but if you want to see glitch pokemon then here they are...
h ttp://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%E2%99%80
take away the space after the first letter.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Great idea! :)

The only thing that could top this in terms of a red/blue/yellow remake is to actually re-implement the story like the anime describes it, eg: You get to win unofficial gym badges, you get to go to pokemon academy and fight trainers there, you get to challenge the 99 straight win sandshrew guy at his gym (and he should be strong..), brock and misty follow you and all the other school yard ideas we used to come up with. Maybe your next project? :whistle: :P

Can't wait to try the demo, the screens look great :)

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
THIS IS AWESOME!!

I can't wait for the Beta!! I know tons of rumours but here's my favs:

1. Talk to the Rocket in Celadon and trade youre level 100 Rhydon for a set of keys. Take the keys to Vermillion and talk to the Sailor, the boat will be back! Dont go onboard but surf onto the island with the truck. Use the keys to drive the truck into the water. The engine will explode and youll wake up in the pokemon center with Oak there and he'll give you a Mew he found underneath the truck.

2. Complete the Elite Four 50 times and on the 51st time Oak will say, "Don't you think you've had enough? Why not look around!" You will then be able to walk around the hall of fame and there will be pictures of pokemon on the walls. Behind one of the pictures is a secret door that leads to a new town where the Pokemon Factory is!!

Countless hours of frustration met these myths!! I can't believe i was that gullible!!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
^GSC has both Johto and Kanto... did you guys NOT know that? O_o
And they're not remapping Kanto from scratch, they're using the current Kanto maps that are in the rom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
^GSC has both Johto and Kanto... did you guys NOT know that? O_o
And they're not remapping Kanto from scratch, they're using the current Kanto maps that are in the rom.

Of course I know that, but I thought they were making it from scratch because the Kanto in G/S has some differences in it.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Also with GSC having the two regions, there would be left over maps unless you're adding some other places already.

I saw these two rumours on GameFAQs:

Neon Town (from the Anime) gets Vandalized by Jigglypuff
1) Beat the Elite Four 50 times without saving or healing.

Merichu
1) Go to Neon Town and buy all the items.
2) Trade a Lv100 Raichu backwards and forwards with a friend.

I don't know about the trading thing that would be hard to put in but you could put something similar.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Of course I know that, but I thought they were making it from scratch because the Kanto in G/S has some differences in it.
They're almost identical.
Skeetendo just edited the current GSC Kanto maps.

~Red

Years
All that extra space is needed with the amount of rumours that went around :laugh:

I really love this idea, maybe you could implement the PokeGods? As in: Pikablu, Togepy (that's how it was spelt), Rainer, Venustoise, Flareth, Yoshi and my favourite MewThree!

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Well not really, I mean all the pictures in GSC are compressed and saving space, and i'm guessing current data is going to be modified rather than added to. So unless you were going to cram a load of code in there, there should be plenty of left over data to modify (Johto maps).

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Okay, time to settle this little dispute :p

We are remapping places, because nintendo left some places out completely, and made most routes a LOT smaller and ocasionally goofed around the connection data, so we are expanding an re-doing maps where they need to be and fixing connection data as needed. (For example, go look at how Route 1 and Viridian City connect in RBY vs GSC and then look at how they connect in SaR when you play it ^^)

We will be using a lot of the unused maps to add in that elusive extra region we mentioned on the first post.

As to which legendaries will be obtainable

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Others ;)

There WILL be Pokegods. We are only using the original 151+ (by 151+ I mean we are including the GSC Pokémon that were rumoured in RBY, such as Ho-oh and Togepy[rumour spelling] and Pikablu) There will be Pokegods. Without them, the Mist Stone would be a bit pointless wouldnt it? :p

Also that being said, with there being Pokegods and Missingno and whatnot catchable, we are disabling trading with other versions. This is merely a safety precaution, since the Pokegods would turn into other normal Pokémon and behave oddly on a non-hacked game, but trading will not be necessary since you will be able to catch 'em all on the one cartridge.

Another thing you may be wondering is: What about this new region? You mentioned it in the into but you haven't mentioned anything about it and what kind of Pokémon will be there? Well, the new region after Kanto is a secret, but we will tell you this for now:
It is a completely new region, not based off any other and not something we have seen before. It will have a seperate evil team from Team Rocket (but Kanto will still have Team Rocket obviously). And the Pokémon will mostly be RBY Pokémon, but there will also be some from other regions, such as Johto or Hoenn or Sinnoh. But that's all we will say for now. ;)

As for the status of the beta, it is not ready yet, I have been fighting with my laptop here recently wanting to upgrade to XP from Vista (yes, you read that right XD) but I will get a lot of scripting and things done this weekend and we will see from there how it goes. But the beta is getting very close at hand. Pewter city is finished and I will be working on re-crafting the routes leading up to Mt Moon and Mt Moon itself, Nintendo butchered the poor things. Anyways, to everyone here, Happy Easter, and thank you all for the rumours and comments!

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
What about pokemon which evolve through trade? In particular, the illusive evolving raichu!

Good luck :)

~Red

Years
No, Pichu evolves in Pikachu with happiness, Pikachu evolves into Raichu with a thunderstone, its been rumoured that when you complete the pokemon leugue blah di blah and trade Raichu it will evolve!!

~Peace out~

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
It's an in game rumor actually:
http://www.gamemistakes.com/game685 said:
Factual error: Go to Cinnabar Island and go to the lab. There are people there who wants to trade Pokemon. Talk to one of them who wants a Raichu. Have a Raichu with you, and trade. After all the trading animation, talk to the man again. He'll say "The Raichu you traded to me went and evolved!". However, in fact, Raichu doesn't evolve into anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back