• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Indeed, I noticed that back in the RBY days. That bit of text was one of the Holy Grail's of Pikablu fanatics. The most common two rumours as to exactly WHAT his Raichu "went and evolved" into were Pikablu and something called "Queenchu", the latter of which very little is known about. Exactly which of these he will evolve into in SaR is anyone's guess for now. Not even I know what Raichu will evolve into. Only our randomness knows the answer to that. But you couldn't make a rumour hack without an evolving Raichu, just like you can't make one without the man on the roof in cinnibar or the truck rumour. Those are so famous, even people who don't play Pokémon know them I'd wager.

Also, here is a little screenshot for you all to enjoy.
ohnoeslw5.png

Last edited:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Interestingly, the reason the man says that is because in the Japanese Blue version (which our Red and Blue were based off of), you traded him a Kadabra. The translators translated the phrase but didn't change what block of text was called.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Indeed, I noticed that back in the RBY days. That bit of text was one of the Holy Grail's of Pikablu fanatics. The most common two rumours as to exactly WHAT his Raichu "went and evolved" into were Pikablu and something called "Queenchu", the latter of which very little is known about. Exactly which of these he will evolve into in SaR is anyone's guess for now. Not even I know what Raichu will evolve into. Only our randomness knows the answer to that. But you couldn't make a rumour hack without an evolving Raichu, just like you can't make one without the man on the roof in cinnibar or the truck rumour. Those are so famous, even people who don't play Pokémon know them I'd wager.

ohnoeslw5.png

Sorry but the picture isnt showing to me :( Owell i see you're putting in Raichu evolving that could be fun!! Oh, btw, in Firered this was fixed.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Well like before the man on the roof was a glitch but then it started to be a true rumour, like missingno or mew catch glitch.
I never got far enough on g/s/c to see that.
But is missingno going to have super glitch or any glitch move in that matter?
Missingno will still evolve into kangaskhan right?
keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Well like before the man on the roof was a glitch but then it started to be a true rumour, like missingno or mew catch glitch.
I never got far enough on g/s/c to see that.
But is missingno going to have super glitch or any glitch move in that matter?
Missingno will still evolve into kangaskhan right?
keep up the good work!

I think it should have its original moveset as it did in Pokemon Red. No reason in making it to uber :/

~Red

Years
I think it should have its original moveset as it did in Pokemon Red. No reason in making it to uber :/

I dont think thats possible because CBM put missingno. in gold once as an Easter Egg but he couldnt code 2 water guns!! It was just Water gun and sky attack.

Also, what's Imakuni?

Last edited:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Also, what's Imakuni?
Imakuni?, aside from having the most awesome theme music of any Pokemon character, is a guy from the Game Boy game Pokemon TCG who occasionally plays card games with the main character.

~Red

Years
Imakuni?, aside from having the most awesome theme music of any Pokemon character, is a guy from the Game Boy game Pokemon TCG who occasionally plays card games with the main character.

Oh i never played the video game of TCG lol. I have a theory on how the Missingno. glitch could work: When you talk to the Old man it triggers an event in which when you surf off the shores of Cinnabar it could start a battle. The event is negated if you get into a battle normally before and after it.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Oh we've already worked how to make it so the Missingno. event will work properly, complete with Item duplication, but no adverse side effects such as messign up your hall of fame data. He will be catchable, and he will have his original moveset (although as was noted before with CBM, Water Gun / Water Gun / Sky Attack must be changed to Water Gun / Sky Attack. This being said, Missingno. has been figured out but not implemented yet, as we haven't gotten to Cinnibar yet you see. But don't worry he will be when the time comes.

Also, I was a bit surprised to know some of you did not know about Imakuni? and all but yes, like CBM we like to reference things. Also note the table the guy is sitting at. Look familiar?

By the way, kudos to anyone who tells me where that screenshot is taken.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
The table is a card table. ...Is this the Pewter Museum? I see a space shuttle.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
You would be correct sir! The top floor was always a bit boring and the museum as a whole was always a bit pointless, but there will actually be a point to it as well as it being more interesting this time around. Plus there will be fossils, for everyone who thinks that fossils are cool :)

~Red

Years
I've just remembered another rumour!! Apparently the water in Silph beuilding was meant to have Blastoises in it. This was never comfirmed so i guess its a rumour lol.

Waris

Jirachi is my homeboy
Years

ohnoeslw5.png

There has to be another question mark at the end. Imakuni?'s name ends in a question mark.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
I've just remembered another rumour!! Apparently the water in Silph beuilding was meant to have Blastoises in it. This was never comfirmed so i guess its a rumour lol.
I heard a variation of the rumor which involved making your way through the power plant, getting teleported to silph water and encountering pikablu :P

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
Years
I've been watching this lately and am literally shaking in anticipation. It's actually pretty amazing this hasn't really been done and finished before.

I would name off some rumors I've heard, but I can't remember which one's I heard going around a lot or which ones I made up.

~Red

Years
It's funny how people can make so many rumours!! I know tons, I've already told you loads but here's one my friend can remember being told:

Goto the pokemon center in Pewter and listen to Jigglypuff's song 100 times then fly to Cinnabar island and surf up and down half-land half-water untill you come across a mutant Jigglypuff. Catch it and take it to Professer Oak and he will tell you S.S.Anne has returned. Goto S.S.Anne and you will go to Johto.

How silly is that!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
It's funny how people can make so many rumours!! I know tons, I've already told you loads but here's one my friend can remember being told:

Goto the pokemon center in Pewter and listen to Jigglypuff's song 100 times then fly to Cinnabar island and surf up and down half-land half-water untill you come across a mutant Jigglypuff. Catch it and take it to Professer Oak and he will tell you S.S.Anne has returned. Goto S.S.Anne and you will go to Johto.

How silly is that!!

I remember something like that, except it was a sandshrew and you went to the orange islands instead :/

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Well right now we are still on the routes containing Mt Moon, and the demo will go through Mt Moon. Once I can find time outside of bloody classes to repoint/expand the maps and calculate the new connection data for said routes, it will probably be a matter of a couple days before the beta is released. Other than that it is simple trainer and NPC scripts for the most part which take no time to code. So it should be very soon, but no actual release date is set. We hate to set release dates as things tend to get rushed and we like for releases to be as bug-free as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back