• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite gen

favorie generation

• Total voters
Years
While the first 2 Generations are pretty much tied at the top I picked Gen 2 just because Silver was the first Game I ever played, I watched Pokemon from the start but didn't play Red/Blue until they were remade as Leaf Green/Fire Red. I love them all though.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Wow, Gen 3 is winning? I thought people disliked that one.

Nah, gens are always disliked by a certain percentage at their time of release, but then after a few years, the haters magically turn into "Ive always liked it"

It goes like this:
qspnc2.jpg

y-How many people like a generation
x-Time passed since introduction in years

Years
I would say that the second gen would be my favorite. Even though I had gotten in to the series well before it, and continued playing long after (as I still do), it was really my Pokemon Gold that got me attached to Pokemon in general.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Whoo! The polls for the most part match up, which is good because I think every gen deserves some sort of respect

Anyway, 5th for me. The music is awesome, some of my favorite Pokemon, somehow managed to get me back into the anime (seriously, never saw it coming ._.) and epic story.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Generation 2 brought us great new Pokemon, and the Johto region showed us that even though the region is small, it can be filled with great Pokemon and locations. From the new Steel-types such as Skarmory and Scizor to the Legendary Dogs and Birds, to the Starters, everything about Johto is great.

Generation 3 is close behind, as it gave us the only good "fresh start" in the series. While Generation 5 certainly gave us a fresh start, the Pokemon were covered with pointless patterns and didn't have much of a Pokemon vibe. However, Generation 3 gave us a great fresh start with extremely exotic-looking Pokemon. However, these exotic Pokemon still had that Pokemon vibe, and there was a good reason for the Pokemon to look exotic: Hoenn is a tropical region. Even in real life, the animals in tropical areas look much different. So, for those reasons, Hoenn is also a great region.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I always thought of gen 3 as the generation with the most pokemon covered in colorful patterns and contrasting shades o.O

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
generation 2 is the best! great storyline and alot of my favorite pokemon were introduced in this generation! GENERATION 2 ROCKS!

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Generation 2. I loved the soundtrack in those games and I loved the fact that you could go to Kanto after you defeated the E4. A lot of my favorite Pokèmon were introduced in Generation 2. Celebi, Scizor, Tyranitar, Typhlosion. The list goes on.

Years
It's so hard to just pick one xD Gen 1 will always be a past time that I'll never forget. When it comes to how many pokemon I like in each gen, I'd probably have to stick with gen 1. However, gen 2 was also very good. Gen 1 and 2 are like a tie for me XD But if I really had to pick, I guess gen 1.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Gen III~!

Not gonna bother listing all the reasons why, but the Pokemon are awesome and the Battle Frontier is awesome. That's all that needs to be said here. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Second. It still has the 8-bit look and feel, improved vastly on the originals and I prefer the lack of EVs, natures, etc. — battling can purely be moves and monsters, how I like.

The third did what the fifth did — cut out as many things as it added. That is the reason, to those wondering, why Hoenn has typically been the least-liked, and why people have more recently complained about Unova.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Gen II. It essentially just took everything from the already amazing Gen I and multiplied it by a thousand. The storylines, the battles, the music etc. Gen II was incredible.

kokotko

雷君
Years
I prefer 1st gen. It set the mark. That's all. There will always be possibilities to wind up from checkpoints, but what pioneers is what counts. All hail Satoshi Tajiri for this pioneering masterpiece!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'm going to have to say gen five was my favorite it has some cool starters and my favorite Pokemon of all time Reshiram.

Sirfetch’d

Generation 2 was my favorite. I loved the music and the pokemon introduced. The graphics were also great for a game at that time.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I prefer 1st gen. it's the original and many of my fave pokemon are gen 1

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Gen 2 definitely. I loved Gen 1 to death, and as such I played it to death, so when Gen 2 came out it was like a huge breath of fresh air the likes of which I've never before felt. Playing it the first time, it felt quirkier and more special than Gen 1, and it was just such a great feeling to be able to begin again somewhere I didn't know and discover all new secrets. That was the first time that happened to me, since my first playthrough of Gen 1 I was kinda busy figuring out how to Pokemon :P

Back