• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
On top of that, I have to always help my mother with her grocery shopping, hanging up/taking down clothes and drying the dishes. Man being a slave is no fun at all lol.

don't worry hikari
i'm sure julia gillard will take on the role of the great emancipator and free you from your bondage to your slave master very soon

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
o_o.. You're complaining over simple chores?

Dude.. if your mom does so much for you and gives you a roof over your head, cooks for you, etc.. then you should WANT to help her.

Honestly, I would never want to work in fast food, but if it came down to it, I think doing it would be better than sitting on your butt getting unemployment cheques from the government.. unless something happened and I genuinely needed to be on disability.

Exactly. Chores around the house are nothing compared to what you have to do when you move out! You don't want to mow the grass? Fine, but your yard looks like ass. Don't want to do laundry? Wear dirty clothes. Don't want to do dishes? Fine, but get sick from using dirty dishes.

~o~ Life is hard, sweetcakes.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (5 members and 1 guests)
‎Harlequin, ‎Captain Fabio, ‎Mac, ‎Shadowraze, ‎twistedpuppy

this is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen (i missed this feature so much GOD BLESS)

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Well, I get to do chores all the time. ALL THE TIME!

But, yeah Mac is correct you will suffer from the consequences for not doing chores. :3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Exactly. Chores around the house are nothing compared to what you have to do when you move out! You don't want to mow the grass? Fine, but your yard looks like ass. Don't want to do laundry? Wear dirty clothes. Don't want to do dishes? Fine, but get sick from using dirty dishes.

~o~ Life is hard, sweetcakes.
That's not even the hard stuff. It's also time management and book-keeping. Making sure bills are paid on time, making sure you have household things that you need (food, detergent, etc) and especially being able to handle things when it goes wrong (boiler breaks, leaks in plumbing, fuse gone out, etc.)

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (5 members and 1 guests)
‎Harlequin, ‎Captain Fabio, ‎Mac, ‎Shadowraze, ‎twistedpuppy

this is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen (i missed this feature so much GOD BLESS)

I MISSED IT SO MUCH TOO I AM SO HAPPY IT IS BACK YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYY!

Everything is right in the world!!!! I especially missed the feature in the DCC <3

Mac isn't red for me.. hmmmm...

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Mac isn't red for me.. hmmmm...

lYHsAUT.jpg

i'm pretty sure i've never been high in my entire life so wassup mac what's going on

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
He's been that way for forever. I think an admin coded his usertitle glitchy.

Years
Meh, I think chores like mowing the lawn are a waste of time. Who cares if you lawn sucks, it's just grass. I'd rather spend some time gardening instead. And grocery shopping for me is horrible. I'd spend too much time figuring out how to get the best deal and exactly how much of each I need. It's easier when you're satisfied with "good enough".

I think the issues isn't doing the chores themselves, but how these chores are being presented. I think Mom needs to learn to be a better salesman.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
o_o.. You're complaining over simple chores?

Dude.. if your mom does so much for you and gives you a roof over your head, cooks for you, etc.. then you should WANT to help her.

Yeah. I had to do chores with I lived with my mom while going to school. I also had to walk 45min to work and pay 200-350$ in rent every month on top of that. Wouldn't even give me a ride lol! I was walking home at midnight 80% of the time in poorly lit streets.

So for people who just are asked to do chores... Luckkkyy!

Honestly, I would never want to work in fast food, but if it came down to it, I think doing it would be better than sitting on your butt getting unemployment cheques from the government.. unless something happened and I genuinely needed to be on disability.

I dunno.

When I worked at Tim Horton's, I had a really bad team. It was really hard because it was busy all the freakin' time. (It was a downtown Montreal location outside of one of the busiest subway stations and right beside the inter-provincial VIA Rail train station. It also connects wit certain AMT train cross-overs, too.) It was awful. People were stealing and wanting me to steal, too. The pay was so low that I was making 8.9$/h after tax. You were refused tip money until a few months after you're hired. Since I was "full time," I would receive dental benefits after a year or so of working, but it just wasn't worth it. I was constantly on my feet on hard floors, running around doing a million things. It aggravated my pre-existing back condition and was extremely stressful and unpleasant. Had I continued working there, I can imagine that in the future I'd need unemployment cheques because I wouldn't be able to continue in any line of work due to my back being destroyed.

Even working at Maxi, my back acts up and "jinxes" out. But at least there I have guaranteed breaks (Tim Horton's was an 8.5 shift with a 30min lunch and one or two breaks, at their discretion), a padded carpet beneath my feet and I'm not moving as much. I also get raises, health benefits, dental and I'm unionized, so if I have to take time off for my back, I won't be fired over it, unlike Tim Horton's (which they would've been part of the problem, so you'd think they'd be more willing.)

So short-term working fast food, sure, no employment cheques or anything, but you're typically expoited with no long-term benefits or raises and you could end up hurting yourself and they'll fire you over it. I've seen it happen lol and even though they're served papers about workers being injured on-the-job, I've never actually seen it go further than that.

And if the stress gets to ya enough (perhaps combined with other factors), you could go on a fritz and require psychological attention. Then you're on unemployment and chewing away at the national health care budget.

I'd only say work fast food if it's a first job and you need experience, or if your CV is so outdated and you can't get references from anyone. Otherwise, avoid it; avoid it like the plague.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah. I had to do chores with I lived with my mom while going to school. I also had to walk 45min to work and pay 200-350$ in rent every month on top of that. Wouldn't even give me a ride lol! I was walking home at midnight 80% of the time in poorly lit streets.

So for people who just are asked to do chores... Luckkkyy!

I dunno.

When I worked at Tim Horton's, I had a really bad team. It was really hard because it was busy all the freakin' time. (It was a downtown Montreal location outside of one of the busiest subway stations and right beside the inter-provincial VIA Rail train station. It also connects wit certain AMT train cross-overs, too.) It was awful. People were stealing and wanting me to steal, too. The pay was so low that I was making 8.9$/h after tax. You were refused tip money until a few months after you're hired. Since I was "full time," I would receive dental benefits after a year or so of working, but it just wasn't worth it. I was constantly on my feet on hard floors, running around doing a million things. It aggravated my pre-existing back condition and was extremely stressful and unpleasant. Had I continued working there, I can imagine that in the future I'd need unemployment cheques because I wouldn't be able to continue in any line of work due to my back being destroyed.

Even working at Maxi, my back acts up and "jinxes" out. But at least there I have guaranteed breaks (Tim Horton's was an 8.5 shift with a 30min lunch and one or two breaks, at their discretion), a padded carpet beneath my feet and I'm not moving as much. I also get raises, health benefits, dental and I'm unionized, so if I have to take time off for my back, I won't be fired over it, unlike Tim Horton's (which they would've been part of the problem, so you'd think they'd be more willing.)

So short-term working fast food, sure, no employment cheques or anything, but you're typically expoited with no long-term benefits or raises and you could end up hurting yourself and they'll fire you over it. I've seen it happen lol and even though they're served papers about workers being injured on-the-job, I've never actually seen it go further than that.

And if the stress gets to ya enough (perhaps combined with other factors), you could go on a fritz and require psychological attention. Then you're on unemployment and chewing away at the national health care budget.

I'd only say work fast food if it's a first job and you need experience, or if your CV is so outdated and you can't get references from anyone. Otherwise, avoid it; avoid it like the plague.

Yeah, I guess I meant worst case scenario, ya know?
But yeah, if it came down to it where my field of work was abolished or something.. I would probably go back to school and do something that was needed and also paid well.. physiotherapy.. maybe? Or maybe get a teacher's degree and/or open up an art studio on the side? Something that I can get a qualification for only a year, two years tops, of schooling.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hm…I don't know for you, but I would feel fine doing chores for rent. Probably because I'm a fast worker (I wash about 20 or so dishes in about 5 minutes), but I can understand not wanting that because if you're a slow worker.

Although, you have to appreciate her letting you stay over without rent. I know some Asian parents who would kick their children out the midnight of their 18th birthday because they got a B in 7th grade.
I have to say, despite what they say about Wal-Mart, I think it's a fine place to shop, although the quality of their clothing is crap.

…though Super-Wal-Mart? Really?

droomph

weeb
Years
You're hired!!

Mondays and Thursdays as those when i wash dishes..don't let my sisters pay more effects on your decision now,YA HEAR! :P

What's the pay? I don't care, but I want to be able to buy a car by the end of the summer.

…Anyways I have to wash the dishes on the weekend at my house :p

I'm a fast worker, but I need to be prodded into working, so keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back