• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
Thanks Laz and Seikku;D you made my day;)

love gastly at bellsprouttower!

Gj on this hack and works on gameboid 2.4.7 or something for android!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
I'm at the ilex forest now, no bugs encountered yet. The only weird thing I notice is, my onix uses screech, but when I use rock throw, the damage deals only atleast 1/8 of the health.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
LaZ can u answer my question ?
kanto / hoen starters , larvitar , dratini , beldum are in 3.1 ? for catch / obtain ofc
and what legendaries ?

It's a secret but I can say not all the hoenn starters are available, neither is mewtwo or mew or deoxys or celebi just yet.

Are there any editors or tools you would suggest me for translating?
I'm doing this the first time so I have no idea how to start and as I said before, when I'm using A-Text I do only see texts out of Pokemon Fire Red, even if I use the search function.

You told me something about Hex Editors and I downloaded 'Hex Editor MX'.
Those hex values are like negotiating with some hostage-taker in chinese and I don't even understand a single word, so that could become difficult.

You have to be careful about text sizes and if you translate and the text is larger, it needs to be repointed. You could do it manually using XSE for scripts but you will still need some sort of rom hacking knowledge.

i think i already found a bug. I used leer 6 times with my cyndaquil on my rival's totodile then i tackled him and the damage stayed the same. I think the physical/special screws up the game. BTW love that you have ingame time. So does that mean i can evovle my eevee into espeon/umbreon and if so it the same as in the other games? umbreon when AM and espeon when PM?

Edit: tested on the first trainer in union cave. Tackle and quik attack did way to much damge on him for my modest quilava and he used schreech on me and after rock trhow and he barely did any damage so you should fix that physical/special split or remove it temporarely

Hmm thats an interesting concept. I'll have to look into it and see.

Did anyone else get a gitched bad egg from the daycare people?

Uh oh... XD I never ehard of this one yet...

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
when i open my vba and try to open LC isp file, it shows an error: unsuported file. Did i downloaded the wrong file or what is the problem? Please help

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years

I'm pretty sure Beta 4 won't be for atleast another year or so.

Well, Just throwing some words out but there won't be a Beta 4. It will be the first RC (Release Candidate) of the final version, aimed for summer 2012. Plans change, though xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
BLOCKED

i just got to the pokemon league, but when i enter the door to fight the first member of the elite four, i remain stuck in the door, can't move forward to fight with him.... i want to know if it's just my rom so i could start all over

Years
Hi! LaZ & Zeikku... Gr8 hack... Thanx for ur dedication & hard work... Just downloaded the game... cant wait 2 play it... BTW im new here & dont know much about certain things here...

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2021
Great hack!
Just one question though, how do you obtain evolution stones? As my team consists of Poliwrath,Exeggcuter and Haunter it would be great if I could get the stones. I have spoken to the lady and she told me which stones were required for which evolution.

For me the clock is always monday 12.00 if it helps. And in the start it said something ~about clockbased events are disabled.

Edit* received water stone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
I'm bugged at 1 part lol, as soon as I enter Will's Room in the elite four, i find myself unable to move forward, i can turnaround though lol.

my temporary workaround for this is to use AM to edit it, i tried with vba 1.7.2 and vba 1.8.0 beta 3, same bug so yeah use Advance Map and make it passable.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcrystaluser1234
When I got to the elite four, I climbed up the stairs and I'm stuck. I'm assuming the only temporary fix is the walk through walls code. If you wish to see my .sa1 file I'll upload that in a moment.

megaupload dot com /?d=SPMESV8A

stupid 15 post minimum to post URLs...
I didnt check the save file but, which emulator are you using exactly? Try with my linked one in the first post.

Visual boy advance 1.8.0 beta 3

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
Hey guys I know people say put this in the help thread but nobody ever really helps there.
So sunce gastly can be caught so early in the game, what lvl does hunter evolve into gengar.
Otherwise im just gonna use a cheat and that ruins everything.
So has anybody evolved haunter yet?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Hey guys I know people say put this in the help thread but nobody ever really helps there.
So sunce gastly can be caught so early in the game, what lvl does hunter evolve into gengar.
Otherwise im just gonna use a cheat and that ruins everything.
So has anybody evolved haunter yet?

haunter evolves with moon stone(u can get it in tohjo falls farther west)

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
Years
D: the game freezes when i meet my rival for the first time. then when i reset the game and tried it again only this time when my rival didnt talk, i took a step down and my rival ran through the trees and i could just continue forward :( HELP!

Back