• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hidden Hollows

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
A new feature in B/W2 are the 'Hidden Hollows'. These are various small places hidden around Unova. They are small spaces between two trees. They house various Pokèmon and items. After every day they regenerate, so we get new Pokèmon and items every day. The best part is that all the Pokèmon come with their hidden abilities. More Pokemon are discovered everyday. So far this is the only effective way of getting legit Dream World ability 5th generation Pokèmon.

Note-worthy Pokèmon are; Breloom, Minccino, Ditto, Murkrow, Hariyama, Bagon and Amoonguss.

What do you think of this feature?
Do you think its overkill to have basically an endless amount of rare Pokemon?
What Pokèmon do you think will be discovered next?
What Pokèmon do you want to be discovered?

You don't just have to answer those questions. It should be noted that these Pokèmon are shiny locked. Meaning that they cannot be shiny. They are however, not gender locked meaning they can be bred for DW abilities.

For a full list of Pokèmon, Items and Hollow locations, check Serebii's HH page! Here!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I am legitimately stoked for this new feature.
It's actually making me sit and debate on if I want an Azumarill with Superpower or if I should look for the Hollow in the Ranch and get a Marill with Sap Sipper. These Hollows are amazing. Having the ability to just walk in and find a rare Pokemon with a rare ability is awesome, and so convenient for those without access to the Dream World, or for those who just can't be bothered to transfer from it. Sure it won't have every Pokemon, but the majorit of the ones included is amazing and well worth the search, plus you can possibly find rare items within the Hollows! Even better! Needless to say I'm happy with how far these games have come from being sequels to being in an entirely different league all together.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Oh, so that's what Bianca was explaining to me...

That's great news. I really want a Breloom. My favorite fighting type.
This is a great concept though.

As for your Azumarill thing...just get Huge Power xD It's a monstrosity.

But anyway, I shall lurk within trees now and I'll let you know what I discover.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm glad they decided to include this. I don't mind there being rare Pokemon with DW abilities available.
I also don't think it's overkill...at least for now, it depends on how many more there might be that we don't know about.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
It would be great to find one of these early on in the game... I have my sights set on a Murkrow with its DW Abilty :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I really like the concept of the Hidden Hollows because I can't access the Dream World online. They might be a good way to let players who can't access the DW have Pokemon with DW abilities.

I don't think the amount of Pokemon obtainable is overkill at all, honestly.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope they add Pokémon such as Poochyena, and Zigzagoon to the hh's.
I wish they could be shiny though, how cool would it be to have a technician Breloom :D?

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
By now, the ones who frequent B/W2 probably know my opinion on absolutely everything in B/W2 but here you go

ksdlfjsldfs LOVE. Don't have any access to Dream World so this is amazing omg. I guess this is why they didn't give out any Unovan pokemon over the Dream World, they were waiting for B/W2. though even then there's still not that many Unovans fml.

Might try to get a Herdier with its Hidden Ability. Just so I can say I caught one, I much prefer Intimidate and Sand Rush to Scrappy, tbh.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I really like the idea, it gives me lots of new Pokémon to battle with and RNG. It's a shame about the shininess, but I'll take what I can get. The selection of Pokémon looks great also, such as the broken Imposter Ditto.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm glad we finally get stuff that wasn't in the Dream World before. n_n It's kinda exciting that there's a selection of so many, maybe it'll end up that everything is actually released! Pleased about Techniloom. :3

Years
Yay! An in-game feature that allows me to use "special"/rare/whatever Pokemon! Without the Internet! I have been waiting for an in-game feature like this. I'm lazy so it's sort of a pain discomfort for me to get to the Dream world. Though... did they make the Hollows actually hidden? I want to explore the region now!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Some more worthy Pokèmon that have been found are; Dragonite, Vulpix and Nidoran F. Seems like everyday more and more Pokèmon are being added, with no signs of stopping. o3o

Years
Seems like everyday more and more Pokèmon are being added, with no signs of stopping. o3o
Any clue on when it will stop? An estimate on the maximum of Pokemon in the Hollows?
*speculation as there is none since the release* I wonder... could they update the Hollows via Wi-Fi once you're pretty much done with this wave of Pokemon? Oh gawd, the random waves of Pokemon in the Hollows... maybe a special event too? Legendaries that you haven't caught might have an appearance with some random hidden ability... now i'm hoping for too much.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sucks that they're shiny locked since I like to RNG, but they're still good for RNGing, especially beginners since there doesn't seem to be any NPCs around. Yay DW ability yadda yadda.

Edit: Forgot to mention I hate using Dream World, so this is very good for me and anyone else that dislikes it or can't access it.

Last edited:

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
Years
I think it's a great feature. It makes the Pokemon world seem more realistic since many animals in the real world hide in burrows and stuff. I'm interested in several of the Hidden Hollow Pokemon.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I hope they add Pokémon such as Poochyena, and Zigzagoon to the hh's.
I wish they could be shiny though, how cool would it be to have a technician Breloom :D?
Eh, I prefer them not being any different in the shiny rates. After all stuff like Shiny Gyarados aren't really special if everyone has one too, imo.

I like the idea though! Hurrah for not being forced to Dream World things a hundred times for something decent.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Some more worthy Pokèmon that have been found are; Dragonite, Vulpix and Nidoran F. Seems like everyday more and more Pokèmon are being added, with no signs of stopping. o3o
I believe most of the Isshu Dex Pokémon will be found there =)

I've been having bad luck a with a bunch of items so far haha.
Me too =D But I found Corsola, Pelliper, some Foonguses, Clefairy and Medicham.

Back