• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
In-Game Team Questions
In this thread you may ask questions about in-game or casual team building and make moveset requests. While incomplete teams may be posted here too, it is preferred that you finish your team using our Guides & Resources and post a "Rate My Team" thread.

— Do not ask questions concerning competitive team building.
Please use the Competitive Team Questions for that. If you do not know which thread to post in, check out the ITH Guidelines, because they explain the difference between competitive and in-game or casual play. If your question could be related to either, you will likely get better answers by asking in the Competitive Team Questions thread instead.

— Do not ask questions that are not specifically related to team building.
Do not ask questions about the game mechanics like "How does this move work?" and "What are EVs?", as they would best fit in the B2W2 Quick Questions thread. Do not ask questions about battling (prediction, long-term strategy, etc.) either; you may make threads in BC's main forum for those type of questions.

— Do not post an entire team.
Please make a new thread instead. See the ITH Guidelines as they go more into depth about what makes a team complete or not.

Last edited:
Years
Milotic Special Sweeper Moves

So I posted a thread about what move set I should teach my Milotic and I don't know what happened to it.

Now my Milotic is level 30 and fully EV trained with the Effort Ribbon to prove it. I EV trained it in Special Attack (252), Speed (252) and HP (6). It already knows Water Pulse and Recover.

I plan on keeping Water Pulse and in addition teach it Surf and Ice Beam. I am currently debating between either keeping Recover or teaching it Calm Mind.

So here's my question: What do you think of the below move set and which should be my 4th move, Calm Mind or Recover?

Surf
Ice Beam
Water Pulse
Calm Mind/Recover

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
Help with my Soul silver team

I'm now just past Violet city and my curent team is:
-Croconaw lv 19
-Flaaffy lv 19

I'm planning on catching a Scyther, eeveelution Espeon and a Magmar..
wich one should be my last pokémon? Do you think I should replace one or another? or any tips?
Note: I am playing this on an emulator on PC so linking is not possible.. and I don't like using legendarys!

caught an exeggcute .. good idea?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
I recommend going to the goldenrod game corner and spending a bit of time their and buy a dratini.On the route southern ecruteak city you can find vulpix.National Park has sunkerns which evolve into sunflora if you use a sun stone on them.if you turn right on national park entrance there a little area with a bug catcher and you can catch nidoran their.
Good team
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Sunflora
Ninetails
Dragonite
Nidoking/Nidoqueen
try not to evolve vulpix untill level 49 vulpix evolves with fire stone.
Evolve Nidorino/Nidorina as soon as possible.
Don't use scyther or espeon replace vulpix with magmar if you want (I would not).
Hope i helped.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
In game, you should use the pokemons that you like most. I'll say that you can add a flying pkmn, just to make your trip easier ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
Scyther is a flying type? and is Espeon that bad? I just like a psychic type in my team .. and I am really hating the game corner, i'd rather spent an hour at the pokéathlon so I coult evolve my Exeggcute.. I know that I have a psychic type then.. should I rather go for Umbreon now?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Indeed, Scyther is a flying type, but you can't use it to Fly around Johto. Espeon, at least for me, is a really good pkmn, but I rather prefer Umbreon, just for the look it has :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
Thanks! for the help! I think I'll go with Umbreon! :cheeky:

Years
Pokemon Emerald Team Help!

Hi Guys,

I want some suggestions for my pokemon emerald team.
Currently I have:
-Treecko lvl 13.
-Taillow lvl 14.

I'm gonna do the first gym now.

I'm planning to add Magikarp (GYARADOS!) and Slugma, but what else should I add?

(With those four I have Grass, Flying, Water and Fire, So I want something like Fight, or electric?)

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Dont get Slugma. I'd say get a Camerupt or Torkoal. Also, I'd get a Manetric and a Hariyama. Manetric is great for the last gym and and the champion, and Hariyama is a tank.

Years
Get a Trapinch and train it for Flygon it's dragon so it has good resistances and a fairly good move-set and will come in handy against drake (screwed against Glacier though).

Magcargo has got nothing on Camerupt and Torkoal so don't get Slugma.

Sceptile and Gyarados are solid for emerald I think (give Gyarados an ice move for Drake and Winona though). Sceptile is great for Juan and Wallace. Plus it can learn brick break for Sidney.

Statistically Electrode has the highest stats but that's mostly speed whilst Manectric has very high Sp. Atk. so go with Manectric. Manectric is good for Winona, Juan and Wallace.

Hariyama is the only decent fighting type available (except Blaziken) and fighting moves and typing will help with Sidney and Glacier.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
When should I evolve Sunkern?

I'm in HG doing a quite terribad team because I want to make the game challenging (starting Cyndaquil and instagib'n EliteFour ain't fun anymore) and I trapped a Sunkern to replace my Bayleef as I want weaker pokemon.

The difference between Sunkern and Sunflora is the moveset.

Sunkern Cant include any links. Oh well. Just see the Pokedex.
Sunflora ^

After Level 3 there start being some differences. Syntethis/Petal Dance, Sunny Day/Sunny Day, Giga Drain/Solar Beam and Seed Bomb/Leaf Storm.

When would you recommend me to evolve Sunkern? It would be pre-E4 for sure.

Current team:

Sunkern, Eevee (to become Umbreon por little to no damage), Sudowoodo (weak overall) and Koffing (for another pure type Pkmn). If you know of other weak or just strange to see in a team Pkmn, feel free to suggest (Delibird isn't in Pkmn HG :c) And I need a flying Pkmn soon.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Get an unown in there, and if you want a real challenge don't evolve Sunkern. It only has a base stat of 180, the worst out there, which your probably aware of. Also fish for a Magikarp.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Get an unown in there, and if you want a real challenge don't evolve Sunkern. It only has a base stat of 180, the worst out there, which your probably aware of. Also fish for a Magikarp.

I had considered not evolving *her*. But no Magikarp, I want to have a chance. Maybe a weirdo like Mantine because I never had one and he isn't too strong anyways.

Suggestions on a flying type? Pidgey is odd. Spearow isn't what Im looking for. Perhaps Doduo.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to punt this to the In-game Team Questions thread as this suits that spot first; you're asking questions about teams while 4th gen discussion is about discussing the games themselves rather than teams you should have.

Also other 'bad' Pokemon... well, try looking at not-fully-evolved stuff like, say, Kakuna. =p
(Also I know of a GSC challenge done which only had the one Sunkern in it. Now that was impressive.)

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Help with my Pokemon Emerald team

I'm in petalberg city, i just beat May for the first time and have helped wally catch ralts

258.gif
Mudkip 7
Tackle
Growl
Mud Slap

270.gif
Lotad 5
Astonish
Growl
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on adding Trapinch but otherwise i don't know who else to pick, who should fill up the other spots (Please no Aggron, Ninetails,Skarmory,Gardivoir or Lanturn, im trying to do something new i had them in my last run)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
If I was you, I would go for a water type, it's always useful to have Surf on hand and Water types balance out most teams. A great water type that you can catch is Staryu, great movepool & SP. Attack. I'd also recommend teaching Aerial Ace to Skarmory.

Years
Suicune makes a great point, water and ice type moves are gonna be essential for elite 4 success. At this point I picked up a spheal and evolved it to Walrein to use exclusively against drake. Staryu is also a great addition

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
@Suicune I was thinking of Walrain as my last spot. Its typing is meh and it doesn't really have a movepool in my eyes. I was thinking Lanturn with these moves

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump

And i guess i should fix my first post seeing as Larion Evolved

blue

gucci
Years
@Suicune I was thinking of Walrain as my last spot. Its typing is meh and it doesn't really have a movepool in my eyes. I was thinking Lanturn with these moves

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump

And i guess i should fix my first post seeing as Larion Evolved

I think Lanturn is a great Pokemon and with only two weaknesses' it can go up against the majority of types. The moves that you have planned seem pretty ideal plus you cover both Water & Electric.

Back