• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2023
tumblr_m448dpQI6x1r671jho1_250.png

Congratulations! I saw this on Tumblr first.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Well, not much of an update. All I can say is I'm nearing the end of the Team Rocket takeover on the Radio Tower. It feels too easy...

Spr_4h_160.png

Level 48 |Surf, Crunch, Slash, Ice Fang

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
Years
Episode 1 of Pokemon Ruby: Victreebell, ULTIMATE
Episode :My BellSprout! And the first 3 gyms!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Episode 2 of Pokemon Ruby: Victreebell, ULTIMATE.
Episode: Team Magma Plans!

Spoiler:

Episode 3 of Pokemon Ruby: Victreebell, ULTIMATE
Episode: Team Magma's leader, defeated! And 4th gym leader challenge.

Spoiler:

Episode 4 of Pokemon Ruby: Victreebell, ULTIMATE
Episode: Let's go dad!

Spoiler:

Episode 5 of Pokemon Ruby: Victreebell, ULTIMATE
Episode: Team Magma @ The Weather Institute.

• Taught HM Slave Mudkip Surf.
  • Crossed path from Mauville Town to east where I chatted with Steven.
  • Started headed upward.
  • Ran in to The Weather Institute which was being held by Team Magma.
  • I had to teach them a lesson once again. Battle through their grunts and eventually the head of the plan.
  • Received Castform for successfully helping them out.
  • Ran outside and meet up with rival May. We battled it out and I won!
  • Headed upward until I reached Forestree City or something.
  • Bella [Weepinbell] evolved in to Victreebell!
071.gif
Bella[WeepinBell]
Level 42
Move set: Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Acid, and Bullet seed.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
A bit off topic, but I actually did this sort of thing when I first got my copy of Pokemon Diamond on my first birthday. Mainly because I didn't know you had to catch other Pokemon AND TRAIN THEM. The highest I made it was up to Flint.

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
Years
Hey im gunna sign up with typhlosion
Pokemonranger109
Typhlosion
Johto and Kanto
Soulsilver'
already started before i saw thread and also im at goldenrod currently on
SS

UPDATE' this is a large update
  • Started at New bark town
  • Got cyniquil
  • Got running shoes
  • Reached mr. pokemon
  • Went to battle my rival (I won)
  • Talked to police man
  • Pro. Elm told me to go to next city
  • went to sprout tower
  • Cyniquil Evolved after 3rd sage
  • Reached top and beat the Master Sage
  • won and recieved flash
  • Left beat Falkner
  • Went to ruins of alph
  • Battled 3 unknowns
  • left and went to union cave
  • made it to azala town where i Traded kevin24 for a pichu colored pichu,sent him to back of party for event
  • put him in box
  • Did slowpoke well Quest
  • Went to Bugsy and won
  • went to kurt to make a love ball
  • Did farfetch Quest
  • put pichu back in party did event for notched ear pichu(She's Babalicious)
  • put them in box
  • help kimono girl out
  • Got out off the woods
  • Currently in Daycare where Ethan talks to me (yes i choose a chick)
  • Made it into goldenrod
  • Saved and am here typing this in
UPDATE
  • Made it passed Goldenrod Gym Whitney and recieved badge
  • Got bike
  • Left to go to Eureake Town
  • Met Euisene
  • Made Entie,Riaku,And Suicune Run after i battled my Rival i think thats wen u battle him just going from memory here
  • beat grunt in the Dance hall
  • Went to the Moo-Moo farm
  • gave Moo-moo 3 oran berrys
  • went to olivine
  • Battled rival if not at Eureeke still off memory here
  • Evolved Quilava
  • Got to the top of light house
  • Went to Cainwood town
  • got medicine
  • Saw suicune
  • battled Euisene and won
  • Beat Chuck
  • Saved in the pokemon Center

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Sorry for the extended break from this challenge, but my laptop broke. Got it repaired now and I'm going to start my silver run again. Expect an update soon.

freerider

your next challenger
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
started one yesterday

Starly solo run on Platinum
currently stuck on Roark, Starly is level 22 and Geodude still manages to 2 hit it, guess I have to grind even more

Starly's name is BRAVEBIRD<3 just to let you all know haha

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #4.

Continued my USC #4, Nagini the Dunsparce, in the Sinnoh region.

Update #1 on Platinum.

Name:Voldy
Rival: Malfoy (he's a blonde...)
Starter: Turtwig

• After the beginning stuff, I hacked in an egg, which hatched into Nagini the Dunsparce! She had Bite as an egg move, and was shiny!
  • After some more plot stuff in Jubilife City, I moved on to Oreburgh City, where I challenged the gym.
  • Roark beat me once with Screech and Headbutt, but I used an X-Attack and X-Defend and Nagini beat him with Bite.
  • Continued on to Florama Town and beat up Mars in the Windworks, then went through the forest with Cheryl.
  • Gardenia wasn't too hard since Return has a lot more power now.
  • Beat up Team Plasma again and defeated Jupiter.
  • Got the Bike and went down Cycling Road to explore Wayward Cave for Earthquake.
  • Taught Earthquake to Nagini and went through Mt. Coronet to Hearthome City.
  • Fantina was no match for Nagini's Bite attack.
  • Beat Malfoy again on my way to Solaceon Town, where I got the Defog HM and climbed the Lost Tower.
  • Made our way to Veilstone City, where I got some Vitamins, then beat Maylene easily with Return and Earthquake.
  • Did some EV training, bought a Thunder TM, then moved south to Pastoria City.
  • Crasher Wake was decimated by Thunder and Return (for Quagsire).
  • Chased down the bomb-toting Grunt and beat him, then got the SecretPotion from Cynthia.
  • Healed the Psyduck, then saved on Route 210.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Voldy:
Spr_4d_206_s.png

Nagini the Rash Dunsparce, ♀ - L50 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Return, Bite, Earthquake, Thunder

HM Slaves:
Spr_4p_387.png

Turtwig - Rock Smash, Cut, Flash
Spr_4p_396_f.png

Starly - Defog, Fly

Gandhi Savage

Years
Update #1

Buzzy // Elekid
Spr_2c_239.gif

Level; 28
Swift
Mud Slap
Thunderpunch
Light Screen

-Obtained Buzzy from Professor Elm.
-Completed errand for Elm and got Pokédex from Professor Oak.
-Battled rival, named him Dylan.
-Caught Pidgey and Sentret as HM Slaves.
-Got a tour of Cherrygrove.
-Defeated Joey and his legendary Rattata.
-Scaled Bellsprout Tower and obtained Flash.
-Easily took down Falkner.
View attachment 64560
-Went through Union cave.
-Beat Rockets in Slowpoke Well and ran them out of Azaelea town.
-Easily defeated Dylan.
-OHKO'd all of Bugsy's team.
View attachment 64561
-Got Cut after saving Farfetch'd.
-Went through Ilex forest.
-Grinded around Goldenrod.
-Struggled to beat Whitney, after losing twice I spammed Mudslap and followed up with a few Thunderpunches.
View attachment 64562

Update #2 (Quick update)

Buzzy // Electabuzz
Spr_2c_125.gif

Level; 33
Swift
Mud Slap
Thunder Punch
Light Screen

-Got Squirtbottle and defeated Sudowoodo.
-Buzzy evolved while battling the Kimono girls, get ready Johto.
-Defeated Morty's Gym trainers.
-Eased past Morty
View attachment 64563

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
So, I wanted to play through SoulSilver again, and what better way to do so, than with a challenge? So, after some quick decisions I chose to do a solo run with Teddiursa. Aw, this cute little bear was going to bring me to victory! Mwahaha- *cough* Er...sorry. ^__^ So anywho, after some browsing on Google, I finally found a promising rom and was able to load it up on DesMuMe.

After trying to speed up the intro to the game, I finally was able to choose that I am indeed a female and name myself Amamiya (after one of my favorite anime characters!). After talking to my mother, who told me to head to the local Pokemon Lab, I left my house. I noticed a strange red-headed boy peering in to the lab's window, but I was excited about what Elm wanted and was intimidated by his demeanor, so I avoided him and entered the lab. Upon entering, Elm ushered my to the back where he offered me a chance to take one of his Pokemon if I helped him with a few errands. Ecstatic with the chance to become a trainer, I eagerly chose Totodile, knowing he would make a good HM slave. Elm told me that my mission was to head to Mr. Pokemon's house and see what he wanted delivered. And after I told my mom what I needed to do, I left town heading west.

I then came to Cherrygrove, where a kindly old man showed me around and then gave me a pair of snazzy new kicks that allowed me to run everywhere instead of the slow tedious walk. Afterwards I headed north, and then came across Mr. Pokemon's house where upon entry was introduced to him and Prof. Oak. After some lengthy discussion I was handed a strange egg and was told to deliver it immediately to Prof. Elm. And Oak decided that I was reliable enough to accept a Pokedex so I could help his research. After thanking them both, I walked back out into the field where I received a phone call from distraught Elm who couldn't quite get out a coherent sentence except for me to hurry back. Thrown off by his usually calm attitude, I hurried back as soon as I could, but as I passed through Cherrygrove, who else but the scary red-head came running full tilt towards me. He seemed not to be paying any attention because he crashed right into me, scaring me half to death. He righted himself quickly, cursing and told me he'd teach me a lesson. I saw him reach for a Pokeball at his waist, so I grabbed mine too. Totodile made quick work of the wimpy Chikorita that faced me, clearly showing that it wasn't trained well if at all.

I could practically see the fumes coming from his head, he angrily recalled his fainted Pokemon and fled the scene, but not before I found his I.D. lying on the ground with his name on it. Richard, huh? At least the name fits. However, my urgency returned and I was finally back at the lab. Hair disheveled, lab coat wrinkled, Elm looked like a complete mess. I tried to calm him down, and explain to the present police officer the strange Richard boy that I met along the way back, because now that I think about it, he had a Pokemon that Elm had.

After he calmed down, he let me leave to start off on a hard journey where I would gather all the gym badges to become the strongest trainer in the region. I left New Bark Town for the last time in a while and headed out into the wilderness. At this time, I knew that I wanted to train my favorite Pokemon, Teddiursa, and have him as my sole partner for the journey. So, I set off to find one, and eventually, one was mine. A cute little bugger, I nicknamed him Ralph and boxed Totodile.

CaughtaTeddiursa.png

We traversed to Violet City, where I scaled Sprout Tower in order to become more acquainted with my little bear. We reached the top just in time to see Richard complaining about the old sage and making a quick getaway with an escape rope. The old man sighed in exasperation, but was soon forgetting the crabby boy when he saw he had another challenger. After a fierce battle, Ralph and I came out on top, and received the TM Flash. After healing up at the local Pokemon Center, I headed to the gym in order to take on Falkner. After leveling Ralph up to 15, he swept the gym with ease. Soon, I was the proud owner of my first badge.

gym1.png

After exiting the gym, Elm called me and asked if I would be able to take care of the egg for a while. I happily complied, so I went to the Pokemart in order to retrieve it from Elm's assistant. I then left Violet City, heading South so I'd be able to reach Azalea Town. Once I reached Azalea, I saw a suspicious sight, Team Rocket members strewn about the town as if they belonged. As I entered the town, I saw a dispute occur between an old man and a Rocket member. And upon speaking to the man, he rushed off to Slowpoke Well to put a stop to their evil antics. I entered the well to a horrific sight, Slowpoke's missing their tails wandering throughout the well not knowing what they should do, and Rocket's kicking them aside as if they were dirt. Kurt, as the old man claimed his name was, was lying on his back, hurt from the tumble he took entering the well, so I pressed on ahead, alone. I eventually came across the leader of the Rocket Squad, Proton, and beat him to a pulp with Ralph, scattering the criminals. After helping Kurt to his help, and learning that he makes Pokeballs for a living, I left to challenge the town's gym. I eventually reached Bugsy, the leader of the (you called it) bug types. It took me a few tries to beat him, but after I taught Ralph Rock Tomb, taking them out was a piece of cake.

gym2.png

ralph1.png

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
Years

UPDATE
  • Made it passed Goldenrod Gym Whitney and recieved badge
  • Got bike
  • Left to go to Eureake Town
  • Met Euisene
  • Made Entie,Riaku,And Suicune Run after i battled my Rival i think thats wen u battle him just going from memory here
  • beat grunt in the Dance hall
  • Went to the Moo-Moo farm
  • gave Moo-moo 3 oran berrys
  • went to olivine
  • Battled rival if not at Eureeke still off memory here
  • Evolved Quilava
  • Got to the top of light house
  • Went to Cainwood town
  • got medicine
  • Saw suicune
  • battled Euisene and won
  • Beat Chuck
  • Saved in the pokemon Center

Update
Currently Rex the Typhlosion is Lv. 40
Learned moves:
Flame Wheel, Cut , Shadow Claw, Lava Plume.
  • Taught phoine surf and Rayzquala Fly
  • Flew to Jazmine and won my gym badge
  • Flew to Eureake Town and got Strenght
  • Saw Suicune and passed through the Mt.
  • Went to mahogany and bought plenty of items including potions,and pokeballs
  • Went to Lake O' Rage and caught Gyrados in a Heal ball and obtained the scale
  • Went to strange house with Lance after getting Rage candy Bar
  • Lance useD hyper Beam on Dude...
  • It was too funny!:O------>BRAAAAAWRR!
  • Went down stairs to defeat 2 grunts.
  • And now I puased to do this.

Gandhi Savage

Years
Update #3

Buzzy // Electabuzz
Spr_2c_125.gif

Level; 56
Swift
Mud Slap
Thunderpunch
Thunderbolt

-Beat Dylan in Burned Tower.
-Went to Olivine city to battle Jasmine.
-Scaled lighthouse and she told me she wouldn't battle me until 'Amphy' was better. She asked me to go to Cianwood to get medicine.
-Collected Medicine and battled Chuck while I was there (forgot screenie). He went down easily.
-Flew back to Olivine and gave Medicine to Jasmine and she agreed to battle me.
-Beat Jasimine. Steelix was a challenge, taking all 10 Mud Slaps and several Swifts to take it down.
View attachment 64577
-Flew to Mahogany and challenged Pryce.
-Took him down easily.
View attachment 64578
-Made my way through Ice Cave.
-Battled Clair, and won!
View attachment 64579
-But she refused to give me the badge..

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Well, I already got bored of my lengthy posts. XD So here goes for the second update:

• Started out in Ilex Forest, capturing the Farfetch'd. Received HM1 Cut.
  • Headed North to Goldenrod, headed to the Radio Tower and took the quiz to receive a card for my Pokegear. Whitney noticed I got the card, so she headed back to her gym. After losing at least six times to her freaking Miltank, I finally gave in and trained Ralph to level 29 so he could withstand her attacks. But I finally won, 2HKOing it when she started out with Rollout instead of Attract.
gym3.png

• Went next door and received the squirtbottlethingy and used it to move the lazy Sudowoodo.
  • While battling the trainers between the cities something shocking happened:
what.png
*drumroll please*
congrats.png

• Eventually reached Ecruteak, talked to Bill, and found Eusine stalking Suicune. But when I scared the beasts away, he didn't seem to concerned...weird...
ralph2.png

Gandhi Savage

Years
Update #4 (Quick Update)

Buzzy // Electabuzz
Spr_2c_125.gif

Level; 59
Swift
Mudslap
Thunderpunch
Thunderbolt

-Got Dragon Fang in Dragon's Den.
-Clair gave me my 8th badge.
-Made way through Victory Road.
-Beat rival.
-Preparing to battle Elite 4.

Update #5
-Began Pokémon League Challenge.
-Defeated Will.
-Defeated Koga.
-Defeated Bruno.
-Lost to Karen, by a Quick Attack from her Murkrow -_-
-Tried again.
-Beat Will.
-Beat Koga.
-Lost to Bruno, his Machamp landed a critical.
-Tried AGAIN.
-OHKO'd all of Will's team.
-Eased past Koga.
-Dismantled Bruno's team.
-Beat Karen.
-Defeated Lance!
View attachment 64597
-Became Champion!
-Decided to go to Kanto to take on the Gym challenge.

Last edited:

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
My goal is to make it through Pokemon Red version with the original 151 Pokemon. I'm not sure if I am going to use the legendaries too, though, because it would be VERY easy, but it is still part of the original 151. I have already made it through the game with Squirtle-Wartortle-Blastoise (as seen earlier in this thread). And right now I am working on a Ratatta-Raticate run. I am going to go back and do the other two starters later, but for now, here is my first update for my Ratatta run.
After Brocks Gym-
:t019: Ratatta Lv. 18
Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Tackle
Hyper Fang

Sorry for skipping Misty, I accidentally closed out of the browser before I could post:PP
After Lt. Surge's Gym-
:t020: Raticate Lv.34
Quick Attack
Thunderbolt
Bubblebeam
Hyper Fang

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
  • Defeated Morty; received the Fog Badge
gym4.png

• Headed through Route 38/39 and captured a Raticate for my Rock Smash, Strength, and Cut HM Slave.
  • Reached Olivine City and fought my way to Jasmine and Ampharos in the lighthouse.
  • Left Olivine and surfed West for Cianwood
  • Approached Suicune and then defeated that weirdo Eusine.
  • Retreived the Pokemon medicine from the pharmacy
  • Defeated Chuck and received the Storm Badge; taught Ralph Focus Punch
gym5.png

• Received HM2 Fly and surfed back to Olivine (as I don't have a flying type >_<)
  • Engaged Jasmine and won with Focus Punch; received Mineral Badge.
gym6.png

• Walked to Ecruteak and then progressed East.
  • Before surfing, I entered Mt. Mortar to catch a Zubat for Fly.
  • Reached Mahogany, then went North to the Lake of Rage, defeated the Gyrados, talked to Lance, headed to souvenir shop, watched as Lance manhandled the occupants (GO LANCE! WOO!)
  • Entered the huge underground base, defeated Petrel and Ariana and their Electrode slaves.
  • Defeated Bryce and received the Glacier Badge.
gym7.png

ralph3.png

Next Installment: Goldenrod Radio Tower! Stay tuned...

Gandhi Savage

Years
Update #6

Buzzy // Electrode
Spr_2c_125.gif

Level; 85
Swift
Iron Tail
Thunderpunch
Thunderbolt

-Arrived in Vermillion city.
-Defeated Lt. Surge.
010.png

-Went to Cerulean and obtained Generator from Rocket grunt.
-Returned it to Power Plant.
-Found and defeated Misty (no screenie).
-Went to Pewter city and eased past Brock.
012.png

-Flew to Cealdon and defeated Ericka.
013.png

-Made way to Fuschia and beat Jasmine (no screenie).
-Flew to Saffron and took down Sabrina.
015.png

-Surfed to Cinnabar, found Blue who informed me the Gym burned down.
-Found Blaine in a nearby cave and easily defeated him.
016.png

-Flew to Viridian and battled Blue.
-His Rhydon was a pest.
017.png

-Grinded before getting access to Mt. Silver from Professor Oak.
-Made way to peak of Mt. Silver where I seen Red.
018.png

-We had an epic battle, where we barely defeated him.
019.png

-The Johto leg of my Ultimate Solo has ended!
020.png

Expect me to begin my Hoenn journey soon!

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Okay, so while I should have been working, at well...work, I was trying to figure out what 17 Pokemon I would use for solo runs; one for each type. And while I was trying to decide on nicknames, I decided to give them all names from the Harry Potter series (excluding Harry, Ron, and Hermione; I thought it was too cliche). And even though I'm like halfway through SS now, Ralph has now officially been renamed Tom Riddle. XD

And now, a continuation:

• Defeated Claire for the 8th badge (forgot to take a picture). After she threw a fit and stormed off, I went to the Dragon's Den and convinced them I deserved the badge.
  • Went to the Whirl Islands and caught Lugia with the Master Ball, then boxed him.
  • Flew to New Bark and crossed the waters, entering Kanto and progressed through Victory Road grabbing Earthquake and beating the crap out of my rival.
  • Went to the marts to receive "gifts" from my mother, but was pleased when she sent me a Choice Scarf.

will.png

koga.png

bruno.png

karen.png

lance.png

hof.png

tom.png

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #4.

Final Update (#2) on Platinum.

• Arrived in Celestic Town and beat Cyrus, then got Surf from the old lady. Taught it to a Psyduck HM Slave.
  • Surfed to the Fuego Ironworks and got the Flamethrower TM, which Nagini is going to use for the next two gyms.
  • After some more training on the water routes, I headed to Canalave City.
  • Beat Malfoy easily, then took on the gym after getting Strength from Riley.
  • Byron was so easy with Earthquake and Flamethrower.
  • After some plot stuff, I beat Saturn and Mars at the first two lakes, then trudged through the snow to Snowpoint City.
  • Candice was pretty easy as well thanks to Flamethrower.
  • Went and got the Ice Beam TM for later, then went to Veilstone City.
  • Beat Cyrus at his Headquarters and then beat him in the Distortion World as well.
  • Killed Giratina with 2 Ice Beam attacks, then went back to the real world.
  • Made my way to Sunyshore City, where I hung on against Volkner (paralysis was annoying) and beat him with Earthquake.
  • Got the Waterfall HM and went through Victory Road to the Pokemon League.
  • Beat Malfoy for the final time, then used Rare Candies and some grinding to get Nagini to L98.
  • Took on the Elite Four:
  • Aaron was OHKOed by 3 Ice Beams, 1 Thunder and 1 Earthquake.
  • Bertha was OHKOed by 1 Return and 4 Ice Beams, the damage only coming from Sandstorm.
  • Flint was OHKOed by 5 Earthquakes, Nagini was only hit by a crit Flare Blitz from Infernape.
  • Lucian was a bit more difficult since Alakazam hot with Focus Blast, Espeon with Psychic, and Bronzong with a +1 Psychic. 5 Returns and 1 Thunder was all Nagini needed though.
  • Finally it was time for Cynthia. She wasn't too hard. Here's the video and play-by-play of the fight:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:

ultsolo4sinnohhof.png

Team Voldy (Final):
Spr_4d_206_s.png

Nagini the Rash Dunsparce, ♀ - L100 @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Return, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Thunder
Final Stats: 390/182/181/185/139/137

HM Slaves:
Spr_4p_387.png

Turtwig - Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Rock Climb
Spr_4p_396_f.png

Starly - Defog, Fly
Spr_4p_054.png

Psyduck - Dig, Surf, Waterfall

freerider

your next challenger
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
long overdue update

BRAVEBIRD<3 the Starly is now level 49
I am at Crasher Wake (4th Gym Leader)
beat Roark after grinding all the way to level 27 (yeah, took a stupid long time)
beat Gardena
beat Fantina
beat Marlene (after grinding to level 47) probably could have beat her at a lower level but I wanted to beat all the trainers on the route

Starly level 49 named BRAVEBIRD<3
HM slaves:
Starly level 11 named BraveBird<3 (fly and defog)
Bidoof level 7 named HMsForDays (cut, rock smash, strength)
Bibarel level 19 named EvenMoreHM (surf, waterfall, rock climb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back