• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I keep intending to get a 3DS but then I'm like "oh... I should save up for it rather than just spend like my whole paycheck on it" but since I appear to be awful at saving I guess that's just what's going to happen in like October.

If I have a job by then, that might be just what happens.

If I don't, I'm selling my PS3. Like seriously, I don't want to be late to a new generation.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't want to be late either. I mean I still haven't played BW2 and it took me forever to get HG but those... are much different than the first properly 3D gen and the beginning of the sixth and ahhh I want ittttt

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't want to be late either. I mean I still haven't played BW2 and it took me forever to get HG but those... are much different than the first properly 3D gen and the beginning of the sixth and ahhh I want ittttt

I didn't play B2/W2 or HGSS. I probably will sometime in the distant future, but for now, my focus is on Pokemon X and Y.

I'm gonna get Y for the record. I like it's mascot more than the other's (haven't yet memorized the name, oops)

Years

I'm never late to a new generation, but I really want to play X and Y when they come out.

As for which version will be my main, that will be decided by the version exclusives. You should catch up on Black 2 & White 2 sometime Anna.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ahh I really like the new Mewtwo thing :3

Honest

Hi!
Years
Eh, version exclusives. From what I've seen, the games in the past are for the most part the same. Honestly, I've always decided which game I'd get by looking at the mascot. For Black and White, it was White cause Zekrom looked badass. Yvettal or whatever the Y Pokemon's name is looks a ton more appealing than it's counterpart. I've grown to like Xernius (or whatever) a lot more though since it was first announced.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Mewtwo thing?

Someone care to fill me in here? I love Mewtwo.

Spoiler:

It was just confirmed. Well not now now but recently...
Also:

Echidna

Years
I'd like it if it's actually Mewthree rather than a new Mewtwo form. WHY IS HIS TAIL ON HIS HEAD GOD
THAT IS NOT A TAIL IT IS A SPINAL CORD
Also, as I mentioned over VM, a Mewthree would be kinda redundant. :p
HOLY BLEEP.

How am I just finding out about this, that thing looks amazing! I wonder what its story is :I
Because it was like just only friggin uploaded now, the video has 301 views u_u

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was kinda like "meh" on the art but I love it ingame. :333

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
NOT REDUNDANT, SCIENCE. Continuing the project of cloning Mew, continuing the interrupted story, etc. Also a lot of things seem to be referring to it as a new 'mon with similarities to Mewtwo so pls pls pls not a frickin form .____. I'll really really like it if it's not a form because I really really like it right now but if it's a form I will be very disappointed. And what even would be the story behind a form of Mewtwo anyway?

Echidna

Years
NOT REDUNDANT, SCIENCE. Continuing the project of cloning Mew, continuing the interrupted story, etc. Also a lot of things seem to be referring to it as a new 'mon with similarities to Mewtwo so pls pls pls not a frickin form .____. I'll really really like it if it's not a form because I really really like it right now but if it's a form I will be very disappointed. And what even would be the story behind a form of Mewtwo anyway?

You beg some great points here. I'm not sure if it's been officially announced as a new form, that might as well all be speculation! I don't know, we'll see ;-;
Though now I really want a new Mew cloning experiment D:

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't know. I mean, Nidoran were and still are two Pokémon, so I think forms are their "new" way for these Pokémon story lines.

edit: …don't worry if you don't get what I said, because I don't either

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well I'm going to try to decipher it... the Nidobbys evolved into gendered Pokémon back when there weren't genders, so they had to be distinct. They've solved that now I guess- Burmy line style- but forms are just different versions of the exact same Pokémon rather than distinct but related species. So if you say like... Mewtwo getting a new form would be similar to him being a "form" of Mew... that's not right. Because Mew and Mewtwo are different Pokémon from each other and they can't alternate between being one another. With forms, it really is like... DBZ style where certain abilities are powered up and they change shape and whatever, but they're still the same Pokémon they were. Besides in cases of fusion. And I'm not sure that all of those stories would work well with forms. Mew vs Mewtwo and the cloning stuff wouldn't, but Keldeo powering up to defeat Kyurem would. Does this make sense?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Because it was like just only friggin uploaded now, the video has 301 views u_u

Oh good. I'm not so late like I usually am. =D

I think it looks pretty stellar, although I will admit. When I look at it, I think "Mewtwo Speed Form" much like Deoxys and its speed form. No idea why.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I hope it's not a form but an actual new Pokemon. I've never thought the whole form change aspect fit Pokemon very well. Either way, it does look pretty cool, and might fit along with the genetic theme of the game names just by virtue of being a Mew type Pokemon.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I hope it's not a form but an actual new Pokemon. I've never thought the whole form change aspect fit Pokemon very well. Either way, it does look pretty cool, and might fit along with the genetic theme of the game names just by virtue of being a Mew type Pokemon.

Oh wow, I had never even thought of that. Then again, X and Y chromosomes indicate gender, don't they? You don't think Mewthree (or whatever) will have a gender, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back