• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Yeah, Grey DeLisle might end up being Azula in the spirit realm (at least that's what my friends have been discussing recently whenever the topic of Korra comes up). That would be pretty interesting because I'll be honest, making Iroh in this series voiced by the voice actor for Zuko was a bit strange. I understand maybe as a cameo, but his voice just does not match that character to me. I hope they don't do the same thing with Grey for the same reason. Her voice was good for Azula but I feel like if they keep the voice for an older character (age-wise I mean, like Iroh) it won't make much sense.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Dante Basco should not be voicing the new Iron character. It just... it really doesn't match the character. The voice is too low to complement the character's physical appearance, mainly the face. I think they should have done something different with that. Not wanting to give up Basco is not a solid reason, if that has anything to do with it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
OMG! SO EXCITED FOR THE S2!! AHHHHHH! I wonder what would happen with Korra and the gang in the season premire tho!

8tw, This is gunnerpow7 on a new alt ::::*

Cid

Years
Spoiler:

Holy crap shiny Drifloon! That little lemon with the cloudy icing on top. That's one of my favorite shinies!

Anyway, back on topic. I'm excited for book two as well! :D
I'm mostly excited to find out more about Korra's family and perhaps get in some character development. While you're at it, make it less plot-heavy please! I feel the first book was a tad too plot-heavy. It really made characters like Mako that shallow, and it makes it difficult to like them when you compare the depth of these characters to the ones from ATLA. It's not a matter of only having twelve episodes to work with either. Even if you judge ATLA from its first twelve episodes too, you'd see that Aang, Katara and Sokka had way more character than Korra, Mako, Bolin and Asami.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
Username
: Yukiyo Kayume
Element
: Water
Answer a discussion topic
:

Discussion Topics

8. If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why? - I'd really like to meet Aang, because he is so laid back, fun and bubbly. being around him would definitely make me feel cheery too!

7. Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why? - any of the Water tribes, because it is my favorite element <3 I'd want to be with my people, of course!

4. Which element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival? - I think they are all dangerous in combat if being used by a master. any element could easily crush a non-bender. for survival... I'm not sure, I can see how all of them would be useful.

Air - wind --> windmills --> power or using it for faster/safer sailing, easy traveling
Fire - warmth, cooking (anywhere), hunting
Earth - shelter, hunting, protection (earth armor)
Water - healing, sailing, hunting (breathing underwater, might be easier to catch fish that way)

hm, i could probably think of more examples but yeah..xD

1. Who is your favorite character? - I really liked that girl in the earlier episodes from the Water Tribe, the moon girl who Sokka loved. (sorry I cannot remember her name)

--

well, I hope I can be a part of your lovely group <3!

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Ah...why haven't I noticed this before? Whatever. I'll sign myself up.

Username: Minato Arisato
Element: Fire
Who is your favorite character? Eh...Zuko, I guess. I really liked his character development. I'm not too sure about my favorite character from the Legend of Korra series. None of them made much of an impression on me.

Salzorrah

Years
I believe we should introduce a new topic to be prevent the club from getting stale.

What is your favorite episode of ATLA or LOK?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome to all the new benders!

First thing's first, here's the news:
tumblr_mmyth5cYdc1r5du0ko1_500.png

Korra coming out this summer now? :D

Though I'd have to rewatch it all soon, my favorite episode was when Amon attacked the pro-bending arena the night of the tournament. Lin had some amazing moments on the fight on top of the glass dome.

Anyone interested in rewatching this together?

Salzorrah

Years

ATLA: Episodes where there are Katara x Aang stuff ;D especially the end :D

LOK: Pretty much the end of the book. Idrk why.

Salzorrah

Years
What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her?

I guess that she might turned over a new leaf but seeing her as a sneaky gal, I really have a hunch that she would be planning behind her brother's back >:)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Azula is as evil as she seems, I'd say. She's the true heir in the family... unfortunately for everyone. She made her friends be evil... she's the root of their evil!

thefallendetective

-johnlocked-
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Hello there, I would like to join the ATLA/LOK club please! You can call me Marina! (/゚▽゚)/

Username: thefallendetective
Element: fire

What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her?
I used to detest Azula, no doubt, but after pondering for a very long time (after ATLA ended), my
opinion of her has taken a 180 degree turn. Considering her past where she thought that everyone
thinks she is a monster, I really do pity her now. If given a second chance, I think she would change
for the better and make real friends instead of ruling with terror. Someone just needs to show her that
having power/control over people isn't everything. Well, I hope others will share the same opinion as
me! (^∇^)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@thefallendetective: Welcome to the club, my dear!

Poor girl never was quite stable nor approachable. She feuded with Zuko and sought to be loved by their father, when Ozai ended up using her and leaving her alone with the Fire Nation. The friends she made through fear and intimidation eventually left her. She then hallucinated about her mother, and even after imagining that her mom loved her, she wouldn't accept it. She thought she was a monster and that her mother loved Zuko more. :(
However, Azula was pretty nasty as a child and had an awful personality during the beach episode. She sought power from a young age, and her blue flames are the product of that. If she had a second chance to grow up outside of a royal family, Azula could turn out way better, but her ruthless personality would still be present...

Here's hoping that the character development in Book 2 will be just as intringuing. We have a new character and trailer! :D

Book 2 New Character Revealed
Spoiler:

Book 2 New Trailer:
Spoiler:

Years
I'm super pumped to finally see the very first Avatar. The trailer's stunning and I seriously cannot wait.. so many good things coming in the next few months. <3

Her design was adorable but I'm afraid she did come off as one of the only truly evil characters in the first series.. though that was mainly because of her background as the daughter of the Fire Lord. I really wished she would have changed towards the end so it saddened me to see what happened to her, but suppose it was inevitable. I'd love to see more of her in LoK!

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
I always wanted to me an air bender.
I think they can do some cool stuff, and a lot of things I'd do with that power. Sign me up for that ok!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ooh the Owl Spirit (protector of that library?) was in the trailer! :D Super exciting, it's meant to be coming out September right?

She was severely twisted by her heritage and, no doubt, her father. I think it got to a stage where she knew no better, her point of view was very consistent.

I kind of feel sorry for her character, as it's not her fault, but she eventually took her anger and power-frenzy too far, to a point where she could not be saved.

I would prefer if she wasn't in LoK. I think her character has been put to bed, a small reference to her would be better than an actual appearance.

Back