• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers and Manga Readers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
Obviously the Villain in Glasses - Shiroe from Log Horizon. I mean, he's smart, he's tall (in game anyway), he wears glasses (I have a glasses fetish), leaderlike, definitely not a mainstream warrior protagonist and a great person.
I'm sure I'll yet to find anybody who will replace him in greatness in a very long time. xD
Shiba Tatsuya doesn't wear glasses anyway lol. He's second place right now though.

Log Horizon... Haha, back when I was being a NEET (since I wasn't going to school or work for about 2 weeks), I marathoned the whole first season in a day (actually 3, but I spent a full day on 20 episodes). It is clearly something that is different from the other "trapped in an MMO" settings, and I really enjoyed it. xDD
Too bad I don't like rap openings

Yes, I can see why! Such a good anime, I watched eight episodes today myself. Yeah I agree, the opening is...unique. I even like Log Horizon better than Sword Art Online, but both are good. Sword Art Online is just more dark, and I like lighter animes more for the most part.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Username: Eevee
Favorite anime(s): Kanon 2006, Clannad, Toradora!, Azumanga Daioh, Panty and Stocking, Cardcaptor Sakura,
Answer a topic: Who's your favourite in anime/manga?

My favourite character would be Ayu Tsukimiya from Kanon <3 She's just so cute! ^w^

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Ahh, why not join? Gotta love Japanimation. ^.^

Username: Xilfer (Most just call me Xil or Bob)
Favorite anime(s): Right now: No Game No Life; Black Bullet; Puella Magi Madoka Magica; Death Note; Brynhildr in the Darkness; and Heaven's Memo Pad are all I can think of at the moment. Probably a lot more.

Answer a topic: Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?

The answer to this question changes constantly, but right now I'd have to say Sora from No Game No Life. His brilliant tactics and mind, as well as those of Shiro, are almost a source of inspiration for me. I just love to see characters who are too smart for their own good; mental power is so much more epic than physical power in my eyes. On that subject, my second and third favorites are Light Yagami and Lelouch. xD

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
OOOOOOH interesting.

Signup:
Username: Isaac
Favorite anime(s): Gintama and Shingeki no Kyojin.
Answer a topic:

~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
Usually my friends recommend me animes and mangas so I stick with one first, then maybe I'll go watch/read another.
~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?
ACTION ;D Blood everywhere
~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
I seriously dunno how to answer that I have maaaaanyy I tell you.

Yes, I can see why! Such a good anime, I watched eight episodes today myself. Yeah I agree, the opening is...unique. I even like Log Horizon better than Sword Art Online, but both are good. Sword Art Online is just more dark, and I like lighter animes more for the most part.

I honestly never thought SAO was dark. I mean after episode 6 or 8 I dont even know it becomes all hype and no action at all, just...weird romance 0.o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I honestly never thought SAO was dark. I mean after episode 6 or 8 I dont even know it becomes all hype and no action at all, just...weird romance 0.o

I guess I should've been more specific. I don't think SAO is that dark at all, just more dark than Log Horizon.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Ah it's fine bro to be honest SAO DID have some kind of...dark parts...cough Alfheim cough

BUT still doesn't change how sadly, it turned into romance after very few episodes. And it turned into a HUGE ECCHI.(romance) ;_;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Signup
Username: derozio
Favorite anime(s): Gintama, FMAB, Nodame Cantabile, Kaiji, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
- Everyday. There are days when I watch for hours on end. Remember watching 30ish episodes of One Piece in one day sometime. Then there are days when I watch at most 3-4 episodes. It really varies a lot. As for manga - once a week. Or whenever I feel like it, really.

~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?
- I like everything as long it is well done. But since Gintama is my #1, I guess I should put "Comedy" over here? :p

~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
- Tough one. But I think this one goes to Sakata Gintoki from Gintama. I have other characters who I like a lot - Kiryuin Satsuki from Kill la Kill, Spike from Bebop, Nodame from Nodame Cantabile, Johan from Monster, Shinobu from Honey and Clover. So many more. But no one will ever be as likeable or as amazing as Gintoki in my eyes. He's the perfect character - he's calm and badass when he should be and is a very loveable goof the rest of the times. He behaves like a stupid ass sometimes (obviously intentionally) but he's never really been stupid like most shounen heroes usually are. He's not afraid to show his friends the reality of a situation even if it might actually cause some pain to them - and that's because, in the end, letting them know the truth will prevent them from actual harm later on. He understands that and protects his friends. Honestly, there are so many things Sorachi did right with this character that I can seriously write paragraphs on him and not get tired of it. I love this guy, simply put.

As for SAO - well yeah. first few episodes were entertaining. i dislike alfheim. and the tentacle stuff at the end and the villain. ugh.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I honestly find it weird that they didn't just keep going how they were in the first few episodes. I mean, a dark SAO is better than an Ecchi SAO. Plus I thought they really touched on the repercussions of death in the game quite well.

In that respect, Log Horizon and SAO are kind of opposites. Whereas SAO starts off with great potential and eventually devolves into... Alfheim, Log Horizon starts out kind of typical-ish and evolves into something much greater later on.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
They had to adapt the source LN, though. And I believe it followed its LN perfectly. Any LN fans here to shed some light? :p

And yes, I do agree. I prefer Log Horizon quite a bit over SAO. It didn't have the strongest start but it managed to do well as a show if you stuck to it after the first 4 episode. World-building was strong.

But that aside, I just met another Gintama fan due to this thread (Isaac)! BANZAI! :DDD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz
Favorite anime(s): Naruto, Digimon, Sword Art Online and Pokemon
Answer a topic: ~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga? Action, Mystery and Horror :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, I guess it depends on how you look at dark. By my standards SAO wasn't really dark either, but I can see how the first few episodes could be regarded as dark, considering the feels with Kirito's guild's death. Also, the prospect of dying in a game dying for real could be seen as dark, because it's turning a simple game into something much more deadly. Afterwards though... yeah I find it difficult to see any dark parts.

Can't say I totally agree but I see where Isaac's coming from.

Years
Username: darkarcues (dark are cues, not related to Arceus lol)
Favorite Anime: Bleach, Cardcaptor Sakura, Naruto, Yu-gi-oh, Too many to mention lol

Answer a topic:

How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga? Anime = Everyday :3
Manga = Every week

Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga? The Anguished One (Al Saiduq) in Devil Survivor 2. I love his introduction; "I am the Anguised One. I ponder, I feel, I desire, Shining One who are you?" Not to mention that he sacrificed himself for the prontagonist.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
A warm welcome to all of our members who I have not yet welcomed. Sorry for being so inefficient this past week or so.

A new topic:
What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?

With anime I am definitely a binger. I haven't watched Naruto in almost a year now. But with manga I have to read it as it comes out.

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Username: tyler1616
Favorite anime(s):Fairy Tail, Dragonball Z, Full Metal Alchemist
Answer a topic:

Gajeel from Fairy Tail. I like his powers, and he just has a cool personality.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: tyler1616
Favorite anime(s):Fairy Tail, Dragonball Z, Full Metal Alchemist
Answer a topic:

Gajeel from Fairy Tail. I like his powers, and he just has a cool personality.

Welcome to the club friend.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?

I keep meaning to get around to reading manga but I never do. I'm so forgetful. ;__;

But with anime, I do prefer to watch anime that has already finished, but I don't mind following some series as they come out, like with NGNL and Black Bullet. Though it does get kind of annoying to have to wait a whole week and then try to remember where it left off because of my crappy memory.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Username: TheAmazingSpiderMan
Favorite anime(s): Death Note,Dragonball Z, Shingeki No Kyojiin, Inazuma Eleven, Code Geass

How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?

Well i do not read manga much. But i started reading manga months ago i really love it. And i always watch Anime. I am a Otaku actually a die hard fan of Anime. And i often watch it.

Years
Username:RinYoga
Favorite anime(s):Baccano!, Durarara!!, Kuroko No Basket, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Magi and Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood.

-How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?

I watch anime almost daily, depends if I'm in the mood or not. I don't read manga that often, I just follow a couple of series.

-What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?

I like animes with deep meaning and mind games and stuff. But I am a sucker for stupid and flashy fights, so I have to go with Shounen.

-Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?

Most likely Killua from Hunter x Hunter for anime(It has a manga, but haven't read it). For manga its a tie between Jyu Viole Grace(From Tower of God) and Takehito "Gakuto" Morokuzu(From Kangoku Gakuen).

-What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?

I prefer waiting for a series to end and then watch it, but if I like something a lot I usually follow it every week and wait for a chapter/episode. But sometimes I forget about them so I got 2-3 new episodes/chapters a day, so that's a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back