• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#24 - Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #24 - Scratch
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: Generation VI - Starters
As celebration of the upcoming generation and new games: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, your task is to sprite the final evolution for our cute and cuddly starters:

145px-Chespin.png
145px-Fennekin.png
145px-Froakie.png

Chespin - Fennekin - Froakie

Try to make the ideas original as you can assume there are already a lot of fan art and fan-evolutions.

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• No omits
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
  • You are allowed to post WIPs (Work in Progress) but please specify which image is your final.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 24 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
Good luck. If you have any questions & concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
1zp4ms8.png

I'm not terribly fond of evolutions that look like they're meant solely for battle,
or overly-complicated designs, so here's a fairly simple thing I call Chestoat.
It's surprisingly hard to make a hedgehog that doesn't look like Sandslash.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I'm going to re-submit if that's allowed.
Nobody chose poor old Fennekin so I decided I'd give it a shot. Turned out better then my previous entry anyhow in my opinion. Third sprite ever hopefully carries the old luck saying with it.

Fennegant
"The elegant Pokemon"
Fire type

fennegant_by_br4ne-d5s2hou.png

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Here's my entry, then. What better way to take part in my first pixel art challenge than with a fan-evolution to my favorite Gen VI starter? So I present to you:

Froleur, the "Dishonest" Pokémon. Apparently, he's trying to get a taxi.

AX9jlgR.png
QWnqV4K.png

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
So here's... um... Fleovixen, or something. The name doesn't matter, right?

145px-Fennekin_zps9c5cc14d-1_zps90e6362f.png

Yeah. So, like Chesu, I opted for a simple sprite, and it's Fire/Psychic. That's what the rumors say, anyway.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
PokeInfuse, the rules state that you're supposed to create an original design. That's fairly clearly a pixel-over of the Chespin evolution that appeared on 2chan the day after the Gen VI announcement

ohs3et.jpg

Years
So this took a really long time to finish for me. I tried to do things that were too complex and then had to scarp them... so if it looks tortured that's because I felt a bit tortured. XD I also came really close to the limits on size and color. >_>

So here is Frozeuse (Frog + gazeuse, the french word for bubbly, sparkling water etc)
Water/Flying

2lxjwpl.jpg

Pokedex Entry: This Pokemon can often be found eating shampoo or soap it has stolen - it makes their manes luxurious.

Pokedex Entry: It's thought that this pokemon gains its ability to fly from eating the bubbles of the hot springs it lives in.

*I might work more on this tomorrow

Years

Results

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place

Fenneking
frogzn.png

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place

brane
280s7co.png

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place

Mr. Mammoth
AX9jlgR.png

Honourable Mention(s)

2ezpblz.jpg

Chesu
1zp4ms8.png

-----

Congratulations. Next contest be sure to read the rules as we are making changes to the WPC judging process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back