• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The New Battle Frontier

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
220px-Sinnoh_Battle_Frontier_Brain_artwork.png

The Battle Frontier has been around since G/S/C except there was only the Battle Tower, in Hoenn it made its return but now in D/P/Pt and HG/SS its back with a twist. There are new facilities to play in such as the Battle Factory where you use rented Pokemon, the Battle Arcade to battle against trainers under random conditions, where you might get an advantage or disadvantage.The facilities in the 4th Gen follows:

Spoiler:

My question to you is, did you like the 4th Generation Battle Frontier? Do you prefer the older ones, did it provide enough challenge? Did you ever bother getting a high streak to face the Brain or head of the facility? Or did you think it wasn't worth going to and never actually played it yourself? Did you like the prizes they had to offer such as powerful TMs, stat boosting items and scratch cards where you could win nuggets, berries and more? Did you have a favourite facility?

And now without further ado, discuss <3!

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Battle Arcade and Battle Hall are my favorite. You get to go one on one with tons of different Pokemon and in the Battle Arcade, you get like sorts of challenges/events that spices up your battle. I prefer the Battle tower in 4th gen a lot more than the one in Emerald :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I haven't participated in the Battle Frontier in ages, so I don't have much of a memory of it. I particularly disliked the Battle Tower however, as I found it quite boring and repetitive, while I loved the rental battles and arcade since it gave battles a new and fresh twist. I also quite enjoyed the little scratchies you could purchase, they were always fun to 'play'. I didn't like the Battle Castle either, mainly because of Caitlin and her partner. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed Johto's/Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.

Years
I did participate in the Single and Double Battles in the Battle Factory, and also the Multi Battles in the Tower (team up with Buck/Mira/Riley/Cheryl/Marley) and in fact, I never got to face a Frontier Brain in my whole life of doing the Battle Frontier in SoulSilver.

At least the items you can buy are fun though, and the Move Tutor has some handy moves. I did like the Battle Factory best cos of its design and the rental Pokemon strategy, and this Battle Frontier is better than Emerald's imo.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I personally enjoyed Emeralds BF. Then again, I was in it for the storyline, so I wanted to beat it as fast as possible. The dynamics of the D/P/Pt is in my opinion lacking compared to Emerald simply because I felt you were a little more naive and surprised when you saw the little square appear on Emerald's town map. In the new generation it just kind of sits there and the mystery is lost from it. My personal opinion though. Both frontiers accomplish the same purpose: PostGame.

Regards, Chris

Back