• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your first?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Out of Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, which was your first Pokémon game? When did you get it? Do you remember how old you were when you first got it? Who got you the game? For me, it was Pokémon Blue. Got it when I was six or so, and was given to me by dad as a Christmas present. Became instantly addicted to the game as soon as I've gotten a hold it; once I turned it on, it was simply impossible for me to just put it down. :P

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I got Red and my brother got Blue for christmas way back when. then i got yellow when it came out.

Years
Blue was my first, I think! I recall getting Red for the Christmas later on and being so excited like you wouldn't believe. :D; I was.. 8 or 9, I think, and everyone in class was into Pokemon at the time. There really was no question about it since absolutely everyone played, haha.

Years
Pokemon Red and I got it at the age of 6 roughly 7 and how i obtained it was my parents just buying it for me while i took a fit in Walmart xD, I used go to my cousins to play and trade Pokemon & when one of us beat the game we would trade over all of our good Pokemon so that when we restart the game we got an amazing team with levels 80+

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
I got Blue for Christmas one year... I forget what year lol but I think i was 7 or so

I wound up giving Blue to my brother though because I got Pokemon Red the following year for my birthday.

so... I'd say Red was my true first since it was the first Pokemon game I played through completely.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Pokémon Red from my best friend. He already had Blue and he got Red later as a birthday present and gave it to me. We are like brothers today, I told him I got back into Pokémon after like 10 years and now he wants back in too. Hopefully he comes to join me in XY!!

Years
My first was Pokemon Blue, my mom bought it for me when I was like 7 or 8. I feel in love almost right away, and the rest is history.

Years
I remember seeing commercials and articles about the games in my local "Nintendo Club Magazine" and got interested even before the game got out :p.

Got Red because Charizard looked the coolest (and has gone with the "coolness" factor of the cover pokémon ever since); was about 12 years old at the time.

Years
I think my first was Red, back in 1998. I got it for Christmas and at first I had no idea what I was doing. xP I did eventually get the guide though, and when I first played Yellow I was like "what the fudge?!" with the Gym Leaders, and many other things. But yeah, Red was first for me.

Years
I... never owned any of the first generation Pokemon games :(

I did however borrow Pokemon Yellow from my cousin for an extended period of time, so I'll always consider that my first Pokemon game, even if it wasn't technically my own.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I got Red at Christmas when I was 9. It was when I had gotten my first GameBoy Color, considering I had already played Red beforehand, but from a friend.

Years
I was five or six, and I got Yellow version after a Gameboy Color had been passed down to me by a friend. I still remember going into Best Buy with my mom, and looking at Blue, Red, and Yellow, trying to decide. I ended up picking Yellow, because of Pikachu.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Blue was my first and only first generation game ever. I wasn't really jealous of the people with the Red version, since they were essentially the same, with slightly different colors, and like 1 Pokemon exclusive to each. The Yellow version really caught my attention though, and I only ever met one guy who had it. I never asked my mom to buy it for me though, since I didn't encounter the game until after the second generations games were out, with the third gen well on its way, so I had to live with just knowing it existed. To this day I still haven't played it, and I don't really know if I want to either with the huge pain in the neck Brock would be with a Pikachu to fight him D:

The Blue version was actually something my brother got, which we ended up sharing. I don't remember when he got it, but it was probably around '98 or something.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I got Pokemon Yellow for my Birthday when I turned eight that was my first Pokemon game.

Back