• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you ever find a Shiny in GSC?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Found my very first shiny on Silver version when I ran into a Shiny Donphan and caught it. I never used it but even though I do not have that specific cartridge I will never forget it.

After that I found several on the several playthroughs I did through Gold. Oddish, Weedle, and I think there was one more that escapes my mind at the moment. Then, Crystal's Odd Egg in which I hatched a Shiny Elekid (that I didn't realize I did until I transferred it to Pokemon Stadium 2) and recently a Shiny Magby. Second generation is where I have found the most random shinies so far.

Years
I found a Red Gyarados (yes, I am lucky guy) and a Tentacool. And I should evolved Tentacool for Tentacrue before I erased the data, btw.
And I think i had a shiny Elekid of that egg in Crystal, but i am not sure. Memory, I hate you so much.

Years
Specie: Graveler.
Location: The route directly south of Blackthorn City, in the grass.
Game: Pokemon Crystal.

The only shiny I ever encountered in an official game. It used Selfdestruct. :)

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't think I have ever encountered a shiny in GSC besides the obvious Gyarados. Honestly I can probably count with one hand how many shinies I have encountered in all of my pokemon games.

Years
The second Pokemon I ever encountered in Silver was a shiny Hoothoot. This was during the very beginning of the game when you don't have access to Pokeballs yet, so it killed me inside when I was forced to defeat it. :(
I think that was the only shiny I've encountered in Johto.

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
I have encountered both a shiny Stantler (Gold) and a Snubble (Crystal), however, those two times were both on emulators...

11wildy

Me!
Years
Yes I did, a shiny pidgey, which corrupted my game. Then a shiny Geodude, now a Graveler, still on my crystal game. And a Tentacool on my hack of Pokemon crystal, while playing on an emulator.

Guest123_x1

Apart from Red Gyarados, I only encountered a Shiny once. I don't remember exactly which Pokémon it was, but it was south of Ecruteak City, but I didn't catch it, partly because I didn't really know what the "clickclickclickclickclick" sound was all about, and I didn't notice an all-that-different coloration either.

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
Years
I got a Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Crystal (not from the Red Gyarados transfer to RBY glitch). Anyways, I named it Shiny and I use it from breeding now.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Besides Red Gyarados? Nope. ;-;
I've never been lucky when it comes to random shinies, but I have had friends lucky enough to find them. I remember using a cloning glitch to clone a friend's shiny Pichu.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Only Gyarados. Nobody else. Not even met one. So sad. (Once got Pokérus, though)

Back