• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I downloaded the latest version of Sappy then it says 'run-time error' when I open the rom!!

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2007
ok you know how you have to see the pokemon to trade/get it online...so what if i see the pokemon in a online battle then can i trade/get it online????

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Hi, I need help with the following issues, I hope someone can help me out!

1).How do you make sprites appear and disappear in the game?
2).Can anyone donate a list of Pointers for Fanfare and Playsound?
3).Does anyone know a command for a script that gives you a item, once a day for Ruby?
4).How do you enable the NationalDex for Ruby, using scripts?
5).How do you make a trainer battle for Ruby?

I tried something like:

#org 0x800000
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x800100 0x800500
message 0x800A00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x800100
= ...

#org 0x800500
= ...

#org 0x800A00
= ...

But after I compile it, when I look at it at Scripted the script showed all sorts of commands, like: checkitem, #raw, etc.I really need help on this.

Thanks in Advance!

Since nobody answer, I'll answer you...But I'm not good at all.
1.You can make the event dissapear when you setflag at the end of the event, insert the flag value at the box of People ID in advance map...

2.Sorry, no idea.
3.giveitem is for giving item, but once a day... I hv no idea.
4. No idea.

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
Years
How do I get a new World Map loaded into Ruby using Elite Map?

I click "Load New Bitmap" but I can't get it to stay there. Help?

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
I wanna try adding scripts to a Ruby ROM using Diamond Cutter/Rubikon, but when I click the RBC file all I get is

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

What exactly am I doing wrong/missing?

I know I have a Ruby rom in the directory, and its the same file name, so Im not sure

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How do I get a new World Map loaded into Ruby using Elite Map?

I click "Load New Bitmap" but I can't get it to stay there. Help?

To change the world map in the game, you'll need Cyclone and unLZ gba. Cyclone has a tutorial for what to do after you get them.

I wanna try adding scripts to a Ruby ROM using Diamond Cutter/Rubikon, but when I click the RBC file all I get is

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

What exactly am I doing wrong/missing?

I know I have a Ruby rom in the directory, and its the same file name, so Im not sure

The Ruby ROM and the rbc file must be in Elite Map folder and have no spaces in the name.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
how can i buy masterballs at a pokemart or just an easy way of getting masterballs?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Anyone want to help me.

Im trying to change the pokemon of gym leaders as well as change there attacks. but i dont know how to go about doing this. Im a Begginner.

I tried PET for Ruby but I just get 'A' and 'E' Characters. And when I click on any of them I get a Runtime Error.

So anyone know how to hex edit this or a program that could help. Thanks in advance :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
GMSteuart said:
thanks, i will try this, i have tried it once but something was wrong with the program. a-mart does work with firered right?

The new A-Mart works with FR/LG.

BlackDragonite said:
Yeah, I have the INIs (I think they are the right ones), but it says: Error loading INI settings for this game...

Make sure you unzip the folder. If not that, the inis should work as they are files with allowed the program to function and the are there to calculate the offsets or names of attacks/ items/Pokemon in a rom

dhame said:
Anyone want to help me.

Im trying to change the pokemon of gym leaders as well as change there attacks. but i dont know how to go about doing this. Im a Begginner.

I tried PET for Ruby but I just get 'A' and 'E' Characters. And when I click on any of them I get a Runtime Error.

So anyone know how to hex edit this or a program that could help. Thanks in advance :)

Make sure you have the ini files in the correct spot, also you might need to Dump the GFX using RSBall(Trainers and Pokemon), if not you would have to resort to hex.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Make sure you unzip the folder. If not that, the inis should work as they are files with allowed the program to function and the are there to calculate the offsets or names of attacks/ items/Pokemon in a rom

they aren´t ziped... They are just INIs in the same folder like OverworldEditor...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
BlackDragonite said:
they aren´t ziped... They are just INIs in the same folder like OverworldEditor...

Well they need to be in a seperate folder called ini or inis and it needs to be placed next to Overworld Editor, like in the zip.

Mr. Chess

The sound of one foot clapping
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2008
I know this has been asked over and over, but I haven't been able to find an answer to it (A post in the simple questions archive had one, I think, but the thread it linked seems to have been deleted or something). Maybe it's just the way I go about searching for the answer, but I'll ask the question again.

*ahem* Whenever I try to view a script in ScriptEd, the window pops up, but nothing is there. Can someone tell me what the problem is and/or maybe point me to an alternative program to view scripts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back