• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Brown Nuzlocke

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
What is Pokémon Brown?

Pokemon Brown is a rom Hack of Pokémon Red made by CoolBoyMan, with a brand new region and with 5 addition new types as well as the inclusion of the Dark and steel types in Gen 1 it also includes a fair few gen two and gen four Pokémon as well.

Overall it is a pretty enjoyable game and doesn't really feel like a simple edit of Pokemno Red but more of a new game in it's own right and if you havn't already you can check it out here: http://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=175044

Pokémon Nuzlocke?

The basic idea of the Nuzlocke is if a Pokémon faints it effectively "dies" and will be released when possible.

The rules I play by are:

- If a Pokemon faints it is released.
- Can only catch the first Pokemon per route/cave/town etc. If it is failed to be obtained no other Pokemon from that location can be caught.
- No catching legendaries.
- All Pokemon will be nicknamed, to give a better relationship with the Pokemon rather it being known as "Squirtle".
- If I can't get any further from say no Pokemon on my team learn the Cut HM it's game over.
- If my whole team faints, it is game over. Even if I still have other Pokémon in my PC.

Why Am I doing this?

a friend of mine did a nuzlocke of Pokémon Red and it got me into doing a Gen 1 game, but it wouldn't be as fun if I just did any of the other Gen 1 games, so I thought why not Brown? I watched a walkthrough a few years back of it and wanted to properly play it but seeing as it was that long ago I barely remember anything from it so it will pretty much be a blind run and adding nuzlocke into the mix will make it more of a challenge.

I am uploading each part when I can, I currently have 26 parts uploaded, so I hope you enjoy (:

Also just a note, participially on the earlier parts, my knowledge of Pokemon Brown was pretty bad so I do say some incorrect and silly things in them, even though I still do that for things unrelated to brown anyway.

Parts 1 - 10
Spoiler:

Parts 11 - 20
Spoiler:

Parts 21 -30
Spoiler:

Parts 31 - 40
Spoiler:

Parts 41-45
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 10
Spoiler:

Part 11
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 12
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 13

Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 14
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 16
Spoiler:

Part 17
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 19
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 22
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 25
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 26
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
If anyone's interested I updated the first post with the rest of the parts, by chance if you were keeping up with the topic before you can continue on part 28 onwards.

Back