• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost] Ruby Title Screen Editing (Ruby Version logo only)

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I found out that many of our community members have problem with editing "ruby version" from title screen. I decided to create a simply tutorial that works perfectly for me. I've added also a lot of screens that make the things much easier. My english isn't very well and that's my first tutorial so please forgive me for mistakes :)

NOTE: I'll be using names for files to make the things easier. So please name your files like I do to avoid confusion.

Tools needed:
1. unLZ.GBA
2. Photoshop or Tile Molester Alternate
3. VisualBoyAdvance
4. MS Paint
5. FreeSpaceFinder

Before you start please backup your ROM!

Steps:
1. Open your ROM in unLZ.GBA.
2. Select the number 1638 (it can be another number for ex. 1637 or 1639. This can occur because of previous ROM hacking) and 256 Color Mode (screen below):
Spoiler:

3. Photoshop users:
Spoiler:

Tile Molester Alternate users:
Spoiler:

4. Open ROM in VBA.
5. Skip the intro and stop at the title screen.
6. From the list choose "Tools→Palette Viewer..." (screen below):
Spoiler:

7. Choose the "Save BG..." button and save the palette as WINDOWS PALLETE (.PAL):
Spoiler:

8. Photoshop users:
Spoiler:

Tile Molester Atlernate users:
Spoiler:

9. Now open MS Paint and create the new file (exactly 107x32 pixels if you want to have the biggest logo in the center. If you want just the biggest size of your logo, then make 128x32.)
10. Make your own logo (use the same black background for the index color). The best would be using colors similar to this included in the palette file (if not, you will need to change the palette in APE and find tutorial how to do it :))
11. Resize the field (you need more space). Now select and copy the first part of your image (64x32 pixels). Paste it on free space. Then select and copy the rest. Paste it below previous part (screen below):
Spoiler:

12. Photoshop users:
Spoiler:

Tile Molester Alternate users:
Spoiler:

13. Click "Write to Rom". Be sure too check three option like on the screen:
Spoiler:

14. If the data is too big open FreeSpaceFinder and load your ROM. Follow the screen:
Spoiler:

15. Click OK and test out your ROM.

Hope you found this tutorial useful :)
If you have any question then post your comment or PM me

© 2012 by Rasenshurikenbum

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
Titlescreen for pokemon ruby rom

How can i change the groudon for my ruby titlescreen and my logo is not coming out like the ruby logo its multicolored

Back