• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which DS to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2013
Hello all! ( Not sure if this is the correct forum ) I am soon going to get a DS for Christmas thought i am not sure which of all them to pick, I am generally going to use it only for Pokemon may play something else thought still probably only pokemon so i was wondering which of all the DSes should i get for it? I looked around and saw that most people say DSi thought still i am not sure because as far i understood future pokemon games will be only 3DS so might aswell buy now one and save money later. And if you do agree for getting a 3DS would you also recommend XL? Thanks!
(PS. Um i really dont think this is the right forum, sorry for that if someone can delete this i am going to post it again in a off-topic one. )

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I would go for the 3DS, but that's really up to you, if you do get one, don't get the XL, it's $30 more, and the normal one is perfectly fine. I own a (normal size)3DS and I am still enjoying all of my 3DS games, so I would recommend it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Buying a DS is not a smart idea now - the console is pretty much obsolete, so I would point you towards a 3DS. The console now has a good amount of games on it, and will be supported for a least another 4 years by Ninty. If you can afford it, get a 3DS XL. The build quality and overall comfort that you get when playing on that system is ahead of the rather uncomfortable 3DS.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
buy a DS lite and a 3ds

DS lite because they still run gba catridges

3ds because its the new generation of hand held nintendo (meaning more pokemon), but i want one for kh3d

blue

gucci
Years
Well I've had a couple of Nintendo DS Lites over the years and I find them ultimately the best. They're really stable, cheap now that newer handhelds are being released and the majority of later Pokemon games are DS compatible. So unless you're that bothered about other games I'd stick with a Nintendo DS Lite or DSi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back