• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I'm hoping the rest of the Pokemon aren't named like this... But I'm glad we finally (as if it's been a long time) know there names.

Years
My friend on PO just told me this.
Xerne = ZURR-nee-us
Yveltal = ee-VELL-tall

That's how they are pronounced.

Nevermind, I'm slow. I hope they pick better names when the game gets translated in English.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Xerne = ZURR-nee-us
Yveltal = ee-VELL-tall

Nevermind, I'm slow. I hope they pick better names when the game gets translated in English.

These are legendaries, the names are the same between all versions, also, they're given these names on the English sites as well as the Japanese sites, so no they won't be changed.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Xerne = ZURR-nee-us
Yveltal = ee-VELL-tall

These were revealed on the English site you know -_-

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Pokemon Y, aka Yveltal, is more badass. That design looks so sleek and so powerful. Plus it is somehow based on a wyvern. I prefer it loads over Xerneas.

Yveltal is now my favorite legendary pokemon. Officially.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Definitely looking forward to both of them! They both look so exciting, especially X! I love the majestic deer with swords for legs, omg I'm so excited!!!11!11

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I'm just glad these mascots are not dragon type (or at least it seems). For the last two generations the legendary trios have been dragon and I'm sick of it!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Xerneas, it just seems so untamed.... so pure. I actually want to see the backstory of this legendary.

Maybe it could be related to Arceus, considering its looks... perhaps it's the "child" of Arceus, and the other one is the child of something else, like a corrupted Arceus with something else? :x

Years
Maybe it could be related to Arceus, considering its looks... perhaps it's the "child" of Arceus, and the other one is the child of something else, like a corrupted Arceus with something else? :x

That would be pretty broken, if they were related, since their stats could follow, obviously not be base 120, but maybe 100. They are going to end up being OP anyway. Haha.​

droomph

weeb
Years
Well considering "y" as a real vowel is only used in Nordic ("Yggdrasil"), it probably represents something inside Norse mythology. Something like the huge oak tree. And since Xerneas was revealed by an oak tree, that could mean something.

Years
Well considering "y" as a real vowel is only used in Nordic ("Yggdrasil"), it probably represents something inside Norse mythology. Something like the huge oak tree. And since Xerneas was revealed by an oak tree, that could mean something.
I know there are at least some French names (Yves, Yvonne, etc.) that use 'y' as a vowel at the beginning of words. I don't think it's necessarily just Nordic words that do this.

But if not, then Xerneas would be, what, Greek?

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Yveltal looks bad. Evil. Where as the elk, Xerneas, looks good. Light/Dark types, anyone. Yveltal could be the Dark/Dragon (or Flying), and Xerneas could be Light/Grass. Just a thought. Yveltal is definately the best designed one though, in my opinion. It might be because it's a dragon thingy. I love Dragon/Dinosaur looking Pokemon. Hence why I tend to build my entire team around the Dragon-Type.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
Not sure if this has been mentioned as I haven't read all 7 pages but xerneas has red/blue/yellow(or gold) in his silvery antlers and black and white legs, and yvelta has ruby red shin and sapphire blue eyes.... All the main series pokemon games colours except for diamond and pearl (which aren't really colours so.....)

Years

Given that it's a legendary bird, to me at least, it's more reminiscent of Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec sky god, and based off of a real bird with crazy-looking plumage:

quetzel.jpg

Back