• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Name Rater

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Hopefully you could change the traded names, if the trader gives you the option, like Can ___ change Torchicken's name?
and maybe there could be a random name generator? xD

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Losing the nickname makes it lose who it is, kind of. And thinking of it as worthless isn't what Pokemon wants you to get out of the games (so for that reason they could not do it lmao).

I honestly don't care, that's just how I've always thought of it since I played it as a kid. They gotta have a name, I'm not sure why I'm so weird about it but I am. Not sure what you mean by "isn't what Pokemon wants you to get out of the games" I still get tons of entertainment out of the games lol.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
I think some sort of change may be welcomed. With WiFi you occasionally get some jerk who thinks it's amusing to send you a Pokemon with a name like "butthead", or something more inappropriate. It would be nice if we could change those names.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Hmmm why not just breed the Pokémon with an ugly nickname so that you get one with your own OT and ID? That's what I always do. Besides, if people are trading you Pokémon with good IVs and nature, chances are it's a trusted person who will let you choose the nickname anyway.

I also don't like the idea of online players rating names. This is a game played mostly by children, and kids might be upset with getting hate online.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm why not just breed the Pokémon with an ugly nickname so that you get one with your own OT and ID? That's what I always do. Besides, if people are trading you Pokémon with good IVs and nature, chances are it's a trusted person who will let you choose the nickname anyway.

I also don't like the idea of online players rating names. This is a game played mostly by children, and kids might be upset with getting hate online.

Well legendaries can't be bred so if that's the case, then yeah you're stuck with the name... :(

As for the second point, yeah, it could be a little damaging to kids so it might be better off if it doesn't happen.

Years
I think the name rater will stay pretty much the same, except I sincerely hope that if a trubbish is traded over, and it's just named trubbish, then you can change it's name. Because let's be honest, a pokemon being named it's species name is not "a sign of the love the previous trainer had for it" or whatever the name rater says. :P

Back