• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
Is it against the rules if I use action replay to change the exp to 4x in order to train my Pokemon up to level 100 so I can use them online?

I don't see the problem with that personally, it's just shortening the time, not making a pokemon completely from cheats.
If you are asking if you can still use them online, yes, it's just exp and not EVs over the 510 cap.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What does it mean when a pokemon has been "EV trained"??

Thanks ^_^

Every Pokemon you kill has a certain amount of EVs, or Effort Values, that it gives. These relate to what the Pokemon is good at and how hard it is to defeat. For example, Litwick will give you 1 Special Attack EV when you defeat it. The idea of EV training is only killing Pokemon that give you certain EVs, to maximize that stat to the absolute highest it can go.

There's a limit of 510 EVs on any one Pokemon, and 255 in every stat. 4 EVs are 1 point in that stat, so usually EV training spreads would look like 252/252/4, since those are all divisible by 4. Make sense?

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Quick Question: Victini learns Double Edge at level 65, correct? I was wondering if this is a worthy attack to keep, my Typhlosion in Heart Gold knows this move and it helped out alot with Red. Does anyone think Double Edge would help against the E4 rematch and Champ Alder?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Quick Question: Victini learns Double Edge at level 65, correct? I was wondering if this is a worthy attack to keep, my Typhlosion in Heart Gold knows this move and it helped out alot with Red. Does anyone think Double Edge would help against the E4 rematch and Champ Alder?

Correct. Anyway, Double Edge wouldn't be very good IMO. Yes, it has a 120 BP, but recoil damage add's up. Stick to moves like; Fire Blast, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Etc.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Ok i've been looking on the forums a little bit for a thread listing others players who are after others to add to their friends list to basically improve the progress they make in the the dream world but i have had no luckl. I've put my Friend code below if any wants to add me, lemme know if any of u want to be added so we can help each other out with berry growing as i've just last night entered dream world and want to progress with the dream world points and berry growing asap! Thanks

Black FC: 4684 7630 2392

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ok i've been looking on the forums a little bit for a thread listing others players who are after others to add to their friends list to basically improve the progress they make in the the dream world but i have had no luckl. I've put my Friend code below if any wants to add me, lemme know if any of u want to be added so we can help each other out with berry growing as i've just last night entered dream world and want to progress with the dream world points and berry growing asap! Thanks

Black FC: 4684 7630 2392

That's actually not allowed anywhere on PC -- not even in threads like this, you could just list your FC in your signature and just vm others with their FC's listed in their signatures if they'd like to help you. :x Sorry!

Rain

Years
To anyone else with a Japanese copy, how do you get the Victini C-gear skin?
I see the notice that it's up, but there doesn't seem to be a link for me to go to for downloading it. When I go to the area that lists download links for the Kanto starter skins, the Victini skin is not there.

I've tried the Daisuki site too, but all I've found is information for downloading the Victini event in Japan.

I hope I put this in the right place.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
WONDER CARD SHARING

Is it possible to share wonder cards in black and white?

if so,

how do you do it?

Thanks guys

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2014
I read on Serebii that it is possible to EV train a level 100 poke in B/W. If that is indeed true, can you do it by regularly killing other pokes for EVs even though you don't get exp or do they mean that you can use the wings you receive in the bridge to get 252 EV?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Okay, so it's been nearly three days since I've been on the DW and the site says I have access, but my game sync says it still needs a day to charge. I haven't changed the date/time and I'm starting to lose the little patience I have left. Any help, please?

D;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I read on Serebii that it is possible to EV train a level 100 poke in B/W. If that is indeed true, can you do it by regularly killing other pokes for EVs even though you don't get exp or do they mean that you can use the wings you receive in the bridge to get 252 EV?

Yes, it is possible to EV train a Pokemon at Level 100, and you can do it normally, since Ev's are added on after every Pokemon defeat after level up.

ponpasdejabon

Gothithelle in Wah!
Years
hello! I have these questions:

Where i can find the another 2 sages of the Seven Sages?
I found the 5 Sages in:
-Dreamyard
-Route 18
-Near the Abundant Shrine
-(think) Route 13
- i dont remember....

and if i Find the 7 sages, i win something?

ChrisSoulSilver

Searching for someone
Years
Ive had this problem and so have many other people. HOW do we get our eeveelutions? it says after to beat the block breaker game, you will befriend it. but it isnt there. its not even in the Entralink. The FAQ's opn the site just say how to get them "playing the game" Someone please tell me where im supposed to go to get my jolteon

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Ok does anyone know how to not go to the plesent forest all the ****** pokemon are there, i even brought my regigigas in here and i think he would just stomp the crap out of the forest, I got a joltion from the minigame T.T wanted a glacion anyone know how i can pick that up?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Since there are no Pokemon to be found by diving underwater, what do Dive Balls work effectively on?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Water Dwelling pokemon i.e. pokemon you also find Surfing and Fishing.

Too the prior question, I believe Eeveelutions are supposed to appear May 5th.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
hello! I have these questions:

Where i can find the another 2 sages of the Seven Sages?
I found the 5 Sages in:
-Dreamyard
-Route 18
-Near the Abundant Shrine
-(think) Route 13
- i dont remember....

and if i Find the 7 sages, i win something?
I'll do a repeat of the locations of the Sages:
-Route 18
-Dreamyard
-Relic Castle
-Cold Storage
-Chargestone Cave
-Route 14

The only rewards you get from finding the sages are the TMs they give you.
Since there are no Pokemon to be found by diving underwater, what do Dive Balls work effectively on?
Dive Balls now work effectively on Pokemon found while Surfing of fishing.

Edit: Accelgor'd on the second answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back