• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Not a long post, I would have put another event but I have to see if I catch the Yanma. BTW Red could you suggest some thing for Kitaru to do that isn't battling I've got two posts worth of ideas for battles for this route but none to go in between. If you could suggest at least a couple of ideas that would be great :)

p.s. I've typed about the same as my last post just to name the Yanma XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Not a long post, I would have put another event but I have to see if I catch the Yanma. BTW Red could you suggest some thing for Kitaru to do that isn't battling I've got two posts worth of ideas for battles for this route but none to go in between. If you could suggest at least a couple of ideas that would be great :)

p.s. I've typed about the same as my last post just to name the Yanma XD

Hm, not sure I understand. You want to post more on this route, battling, but you want to make even more posts in between them where you don't battle? Well, you could imagine Route 11 as being quite long and thus have to camp somewhere for the night.

Maybe meet another traveler to share campsite with?

Meet some strange bugs that play a trick on Kitaru?

Stop to rest for the night at a bee farm and help them out with something?

Maybe Yanma could prove her worth in some event?

On another note, I'll soon post the next chapter. Feborough Town! After that is Route 10 and after that is a city where the first Arena lies... and some other story-connected events.

The warden

I'm back!
Years

Hm, not sure I understand. You want to post more on this route, battling, but you want to make even more posts in between them where you don't battle? Well, you could imagine Route 11 as being quite long and thus have to camp somewhere for the night.

Maybe meet another traveler to share campsite with?

Meet some strange bugs that play a trick on Kitaru?

Stop to rest for the night at a bee farm and help them out with something?

Maybe Yanma could prove her worth in some event?

On another note, I'll soon post the next chapter. Feborough Town! After that is Route 10 and after that is a city where the first Arena lies... and some other story-connected events.

That's about right, I just want to pad out in between the battles with a few events. I may even change one of the battles to something else now. I don't want to add extra posts so much as make a couple of longer posts.

Thanks for the suggestions as a teaser I will use at least one of them but I'm not saying which one(s) :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Don't worry, Shawn. I'm not keeping up in the other journey RPs I'm in ;; so I can't really blame anyone for not posting ultra fast in Arcanum anymore~ As long as you don't disappear from the face of the earth PokéCommunity!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
But now I've been able to post in all my RPs with at least almost no more than a week's time between posts xD So if busy me can do it, then lazy you can. Unless you've lost interest and feel like it's a chore, writing a post here. In that case, I appreciate if you tell me instead of just hanging around on the players list without posting :>

So, I want to see some posts from more people than Mr. Mammoth and The warden, please. And of course Mammoth and warden can post as well ;) I know several of you guys have plans about meeting up and stuff. I'm excited to see that happen!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I'm working on my post slowly lol. This one's getting a biiiiiit long as well, and it'll be Route 11 for now. I'll start working on the next town as soon as this is done. Since I'm getting really busy anyways, I won't interact with anybody just yet. :/

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@DeepImpact: Aww, to bad. I'm really excited for when Soul meets his "rival", but then again me and The warden are gonna have a fun man-to-man brawl. But this RP is starting to introduce the plot! I'm as excited as ever! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm wondering what happened with Naku. ;;
We had plansss~~

/well Fuyu and I had plans first, but yeah.
Plansss are good! Hm, maybe life caught up with him? I don't doubt he's alive though :3 even if he's a real lazy poster ;p

I'm working on my post slowly lol. This one's getting a biiiiiit long as well, and it'll be Route 11 for now. I'll start working on the next town as soon as this is done. Since I'm getting really busy anyways, I won't interact with anybody just yet. :/
I enjoy your long posts, so do take your time. I appreciate hearing from you once in a while so I know that you're still here lol

@DeepImpact: Aww, to bad. I'm really excited for when Soul meets his "rival", but then again me and The warden are gonna have a fun man-to-man brawl. But this RP is starting to introduce the plot! I'm as excited as ever! :D
I'm glad you're excited >:3

You don't have to rush through the previous areas now just because Feborough is up. If there's someone you'd like to interact with in the town, they can probably wait for you :3 The next area won't come up in a long time.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
For the record, I am not dead. I swear I am not dead. XD I got into an anime and it like yanked me during the past few days. But I am working on mah post slowly but surely.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@RHCP: Evil cat-face? I'm not sure if I should be frightened or amused...

Nah, I won't post TOO quickly. Notice the emphazise on 'too'? xD

JK, I'll go about like I usually do: Nicely and slowly, with occasional snacks breaks :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Because it was a good post and Flareon appeared a lot in it, showing off his personality well. That's how I'm gonna do it sometimes. If I still haven't said that I might be unpredictable about levels, then I'll say it now. I'm gonna :3 but do tell me if you find something unfair. If people think that several times, I'll probably change how I'm doing it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey, if anyone's up for it, I could do a joint post with someone on route 11, playing a NPC person of some kind?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

I will after the Houndoom and Marill thing; it shouldn't take long.

Neat! Just PM me when you feel ready.

Also, I should perhaps explain something about your tattoos and Joresh Ja now... since you are playing in the same timeline/world (pretty much) from now on.

Contrary to what you may have believed back in Januvale, you weren't the only one Joresh sent on a journey. The dream he got had told him about 8 teenagers, not 1. The reason he was out walking in the town that day, something he doesn't do very often, was actually to find all of you.

Now, it wouldn't have been elegant to make you all interact and play the first part together, so that's why I did it like this. And there is still the 'mechanical' problem with some of you probably having been at the docks in Januvale searching for an eeveelution at the same time. But that's something we'll have to live with.

Bottom line is, when you meet another 'chosen kid' with the yin yang mark, you can talk about Joresh if you want. He will simply have found you on different times of the day (or even different days) and taken you back to his house and had pretty much the same things to tell you. Because the guardians in the dream told him to tell you these things.

And, uh, the reason I'm bluntly telling you this in this thread instead of baking it into the story somehow, is because I couldn't find any good way to do it xD And because it's a bit of a game mechanics problem, which is better told OOC. So there you have it :3

Last edited:
Back