• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Hammerhead shark
Griffin
Swordfish

Hammerhead shark? What about Dominatou? Cross between dominator (sharks are at the top of ocean food chain), and chuí tóu shā (Chinese for Hammerhead shark). Dominatou could be a physical sweeper, another glass cannon. The pre-evolution of Dominatou could be Chuisha (chuí tóu shā). Water/Dark just like Sharpedo

I like the swordfish idea, why not Swardish (sword and fish). And its evolution could be Barrablade (such a cool name, cross between Barracuda and blade), Barrablade looks like a swordfish with a massive steel blade instead. Either water/fighting or water/steel, probably water/fighting because a swordfish would naturally be an offensive animal, and fighting is much more offensive than steel.

The Griffin idea seems pretty cool, maybe it could be a pseudo legendary. It could have 3 stages (like most pseudo legendaries): Griffy , Griffain, and Griffalix. I'm not sure what its typing should be, Dragon/Flying is so overused, but Fire/Flying would probably be the best choice. Perhaps it could be a bulky pokemon like Tyranitar, instead of a glass cannon.

Years
I wonder what kind of "connected" legendaries and how many we'll have in this Gen. Will they still follow the "trio" thing as usual? hmm...

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2015
I wanna see a Lego pokemon, that would be cool! (not Porygon) I also don't care if new pokes are based on non-living things.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well, I actually hope that it doesn't pull a Gen 1 where special attackers where dominate. XD But, I just want a balance between offensive and defensive, y'know? The metagame's power creep increased from Unova, so, people found it hard to stall. Well, I don't mind that, buuuut yeah, I just wanted more defensive mons~!

This this this this this! I honestly miss being able to run any sort of defensive team because Gen 5 made it pretty much impossible with all of the strong attackers it introduced. As long as we have some more defensive (especially because of all the Fighting types), and I guess some special defensive mons (For like some of the genie trio? I don't know =x) to balance it out it'd be nice!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Except Fire/Flying wouldn't exactly be the best typing to accomplish that, sadly. Stealth Rock nukes your chances of ever really trying to take a hit out of anything, but I guess it's worth a shot? :x

I completely disagree, despite the massive stealth rock weakness, I think it's a great typing. Fire/Flying only 3 weaknesses plus it resists annoying fight type moves, and is naturally immune to the all popular earthquake. Besides, Tyranitar is commonly referred to as the best pseudo legendary, despite the fact it has 6 weaknesses including a 4x weakness to fighting types and a 2x weakness to earthquake.

Sorry, that was a little off topic, :nervous:. I would personally like to have mechanoid pokemon, maybe steel/fighting. Or perhaps a possessed mechanoid, Steel/Ghost with levitate (only one weakness - fire).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wanna see a Lego pokemon, that would be cool! (not Porygon) I also don't care if new pokes are based on non-living things.

I like Pokemon based on non-living things but lego just seems too... borderline? Kind of like it's crossing into other territory aka company-wise. :(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I like Pokemon based on non-living things but lego just seems too... borderline? Kind of like it's crossing into other territory aka company-wise. :(

Well, it doesn't have to be "lego". There are more building blocks around Asia they can use! Personally, I love the idea of a building block pokemon~ Though, I do hope that it doesn't... crumble, hehe. And, it would have strange anatomy for sure... and plus, what type would it be? I see some sort of steel type with that, but... yeah, that would a strange yet interesting pokemon!

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Given the fact that the region is based on Europe and LEGO originated from Europe, I don't see this as a coincidence.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
As soon as I read Lego Pokemon I remembered the Lego looking Digimon...so hopefully if they did make one it won't be a Lego Dragon looking Pokemon...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't know why but now I have this image of a Fighting/Rock typed Pokémon that has a humanoid shape and is made from bricks. Probably the whole building block idea, but it seems like it could be cool.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013

What if this pokemon could made by collecting certain objects (like building bricks), and there is this person who if you give him all the parts, he will create the Lego pokemon for you. Or maybe this pokemon could have a pre-evolution, and if you give it a 'toy bricks' item, then it will evolve into the Lego pokemon.
This may seem like an unlikely concept to create a Lego pokemon, but you never know, GF has surprised us before. In gen 5 they made an icecream pokemon, a pokemon made of floating gears, and a giant snowflake pokemon (Cryogonal). GF even introduced a pedophile pokemon in gen 1 (Mr. Mime).
So you never know, it could happen.

(Hooray, I wrote the 500th reply to this thread!) XD

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How about like... a robotic dog? They were totally the rage years ago and if they returned through X/Y it'd be fun to like train it differently and help it gain human feelings, compared to other Pokemon :x

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That'd be cool concept, but where the heck would we encounter that? You wouldn't see it in the wild since it's not naturally occurring. So would someone give it to you somewhere? It seems almost like a Game Corner prize to me.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
That'd be cool concept, but where the heck would we encounter that? You wouldn't see it in the wild since it's not naturally occurring. So would someone give it to you somewhere? It seems almost like a Game Corner prize to me.

Robotic Pokemon can also be attracted to electricity, so, maybe we can encounter a robotic animal near a power plant of some sort. Magnemites were found near, or inside Power Plants, for example.

I've been thinking that maybe GF will create their pokemon based off of famous French animals, so, I've too a look at a source online:
There are no "famous" animals as such in France, but there are a few you might notice. First comes the unofficial emblem of France, the gallic rooster. Otherwise there are poodles (dogs) , pigs, horses, snails , frogs, turkeys, sheep, cattles, peacocks , chickens... etc
Or more exotic animals like bears and wolves in the mountainous parts of France (although they're more notorious than famous) as well as cougars, jaguars and monkeys in French Guiana.
I dunno about you guys, but, I'd love to see some sort of peacock pokemon, or more peacock pokemon if they already have one.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd love a jaguar based Pokémon if we're taking from that list. It'd make a cool looking Pokémon, maybe a a grass type, since it's a jungle cat?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'd have to be part fire, too, I think, because I take them as like vicious and fire is really the only vicious type I can think of. XD; Other than dark obviously.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Agree with a Panther type needing to be Dark, that'd be fitting.
I'd love to see a Pokemon based on a lion, could be a fire/something type. And i think a Kangaroo would be pretty cute, he could be Fighting/Normal maybe?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Since the two go hand-in-hand and there's been a lot of topic overlap, I've changed the topic of this thread to discuss not only new Pokémon ideas you have but also the new type combinations you'd like to see on these new Pokémon as well, while closing the old "New Type Combinations Speculation Thread" from before. This should also allow for the discussion to not be as limited as it once was too.

Going back on track; Ice-type Wolf Pokémon and Fire/Water Pistol Shrimp Pokémon FTW!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've seen Fakemon of a Ice wolf before:

f0f5c92ff5f3d004ee5dbc6d56e021e8-d3fohto.png

He does look very cute and playful. ;__; Though I wonder if it'll resemble Houndoom or Mightyena in a way. But, no matter, I'd love a Ice wolf. :3

Back