• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I sacrifice two monsters and summon...the Yu-Gi-Oh club!

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Lonefire Blossom's always been my favourite, so useful in a plant deck for bringing out Gigaplant, Tytannial, Dandylion, or whatever else.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: I guess Mokuba? :D
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Not watched it!

I love the card game and I've been playing it for ages but I've never watched the anime outside of YGO Abridged so I'm a bit lost on those discussions sorry! Was hesitant to join because the club mostly seems to be about the anime but if anyone wants to discuss cards then I'm more than willing. :D

@Diablerie, Lonefire Blossom is such a cool card, I really love it. Have you heard of the new Sylvan/Shinra monsters that've just been released? Lonefire works incredibly well with them; if you like FIRE Plants then I suggest trying out this new archetype. Let me know how you get on if you do, I'd love to test them with you if you'd like!

My favourite card? I have a couple Like Rodenut, Gladiator Beast Bestiari, Snow Dragon, Des Frog, Hazy Flame Peryton, etc, but I guess my overall favourite has to be Batteryman AA.

Spoiler:
Batteryman are a real favourite deck of mine despite their outdatedness and Batteryman AA is the perfect example of their strategy. They have a lot of fun cards like Batteryman Charger to spam the field and Short Circuit to clear it completely, but Batteryman AA is how they take advantage of these cards to quickly swarm three 3000 ATK beatsticks, easily combined with Solidarity or United We Stand to reach ridiculous levels. Once Short Circuit clears the field and you have these brutes in play, that's an easy win right there.

So yeah, sorry if the club's not really focussed much on card discussion over the anime but more than happy to talk about it with anyone that wants to. :)

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Username: François
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Mai Valentine
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Original

I only watched the first two series of YGO (I caught brief bits of 5Ds, no Zexal) but I'm still a huge fan of it as a whole. As a kid I collected lots of cards and while I fell out of it until quite recently, I now play lots ^_^ My favourite deck is (thanks to Mai Valentine), Harpies, and my favourite card is probably Harpie Lady for starting the whole deck. Harpies got lots of cool cards lately including stuff like Harpie's Pet Phantasmal Dragon and Hysteric Sign so they're lots of fun to play. I also play a Gishki ritual deck and a Mermail/Atlantean deck (which has very pretty art). All I will say is that card design has come on a long way from the days of Summoned Skull being boss, but I find it more fun now!

As regards what I think Arc V will be like, it's really impossible to tell but seeing as they're still shoving Xyz monsters down our throat, I don't imagine they'll introduce a new card type. Mostly I just don't want it to be lots of ridiculous space stuff that ignores every card type except the newest one but I probably won't watch anyway so it's not that important to me. From what I gather Zexal was very poorly made so hopefully they improve on that.

Years
Username: Slaying Moon
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Either Blair or Alexis
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: GX

I'm actually running a Spellcaster-themed deck at the moment, however I haven't tested it yet.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I feel pretty ignored :'(, btw guys, which is your fav duel from the anime? Mine has to be Yugi vs Strings

EDIT: my fav card has to be DMG xD, about effect, it has to be this:
SecretVillageoftheSpellcasters-DL14-EN-R-UE-Blue.png

My favorite duels? I'd say a looot of duels in Duel City was very good :)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah Duel City did have the best duels maybe because it's called Duel City I don't know?!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Duel City was one part I actually did watch! That was a really cool arc, especially due to the involvement of the Egyptian God Cards. Some of the decks and cards used in Duel City were really interesting to watch and a lot of the old favourites made great comebacks. I reckon my favourite duel was the famous Joey vs. Yugi fight whilst Joey was possessed by Marik, especially given how interesting the match-draw situation became, but there were a lot of great duels on the whole. And let's not forget Mai's Harpies ♥

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Welcome, Alex. =D Anyway, I have watched a ton of duelist kingdom and battle city, Battle City was my favorite arc for some reason. It was really annoying at points in the manga, though. Especially during the time when Marik controlled Jonouchi (Joey) and had them fight to the death. That was nerve wrecking for me to read.

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yugi Muto, ofcourse!
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Yu-Gi-Oh season Zero

I'll be honest, I never continued watching the series after the Kaiba Corp tournament with Marik and everything, but I'm still an avid player of the card game along with my best friend. We often participate in local tournaments and even entered the national championship last year. We have fairly strong decks and it would be really neat to join this club to discuss along with other people about the card game events or topics that are going on. :)

mrakaflame

Wise Pokemon Legend
Years
Username: mrakaflame
Favourite yugioh character: Kaiba
Favorite season: 5D's

Sooo, quite the enthusiasts here i take it?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Welcome you two. ^^ Hmm, I've heard about the rl tournaments. The prizes in some of them are pretty rare cards. xD If I was more into the cards, I'd try the card tournies.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yugi Muto, ofcourse!
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Yu-Gi-Oh season Zero

I'll be honest, I never continued watching the series after the Kaiba Corp tournament with Marik and everything, but I'm still an avid player of the card game along with my best friend. We often participate in local tournaments and even entered the national championship last year. We have fairly strong decks and it would be really neat to join this club to discuss along with other people about the card game events or topics that are going on. :)
Oo, what decks do you use? My favourite are Batteryman, Frogs, and the new Bujins - the former two aren't necessarily very strong but they're a lot of fun to use haha. I also love Hazy Flame, Gladiator Beasts; basically anything other than the stupidly over-powered decks. I'd love to hear more about what you use, especially if you enter tournaments with them!

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
Oo, what decks do you use? My favourite are Batteryman, Frogs, and the new Bujins - the former two aren't necessarily very strong but they're a lot of fun to use haha. I also love Hazy Flame, Gladiator Beasts; basically anything other than the stupidly over-powered decks. I'd love to hear more about what you use, especially if you enter tournaments with them!

Well, my friend's main deck is very stereotypically overpowered and is a Pyro deck. Managed to deal 3k direct hits in his first turn if lucky. Haha, but his other decks are a Dinosaur deck and a Chronomally deck which are a bit more balanced out and perform on par with some OP custom decks. As for myself, I have a fun Six Samurai deck that I use in local tourneys for the heck of it, as it's loads of fun to play with! :D My main deck is a Psychic deck, though. Requires a lot of LP offerings but manages to turn the tides at the right time, every time! And my last deck is a D.D. deck that I put together by using cards from Yugi's World 4, I believe.. (Can't remember) Highly efficiënt against most things, but tends to bite its own tail from time to time, especially with my gravity orb.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Oh my god magic I calledit. That pink hippo better not become the next kuriboh fml. I soaked my tumblr with gifs of kaiba cause he has money and can screw the rules. I look orward to arc-v I might watch zexal soon but it looks like saint Seiya with cards.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
No. I won't let this club die.

I haven't heard much more about Yu-gi-oh Arc V. So let's continue. I want to talk about the old Yu-gi-oh: what did you think of the ending of the very first Yu-gi-oh? (You know-- Pharaoh vs Yugi?)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Kaiba Seto.
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Original.

What did you think of the ending of the very first Yu-Gi-Oh?
I don't exactly remember what happened, but I do recall Pharaoh did losing the duel against Yugi (didn't he?), and he was forced to go into this mystical gate and leave forever—that part was very emotional for me. It almost had me crying, to be honest. ):

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So I've just been working on a new deck focussing on a OTK loop with Quillbolt Hedgehog, Imperial Iron Wall and Cannon Soldier (/Catapult Turtle). The loop uses Quillbolt Hedgehog's effect from the grave with a tuner on the field to revive himself, then using Cannon Soldier (or Catapult Turtle) to tribute him for LP damage - Imperial Iron Wall then stops Quillbolt Hedgehog's "banish when leaves the field" effect from taking place, sending Quillbolt back to the grave and ready to use his ability again. The main focusses are therefore draw power and discard power with decent recovery to set up the loop. Here's the composition, let me know if you don't recognise any of the cards and I'll post what they are:

Spoiler:

So I guess I have three questions:
  1. What do you think of the deck/idea?
  2. What would you change to make it work better?
  3. What would you include for a side deck?
I'm aware it's far from perfect right now but I thought it'd be fun to work on as a project with other people rather than just myself, so let me know if you have any thoughts/comments :)

Back