• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did I manage to get this name?!?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Nowadays if I tried to sign up with this username, I'd be surprised if it weren't taken--especially considering how many people seemed to adore Lightning in Final Fantasy XIII. (Unfortunately I don't really care for the character at all, haha.)

But being the 31st person to sign up on this iteration of PC and probably in the low hundreds on previous incarnations, I'm not very surprised I got it. Even as a natural weather phenomena, I guess the name is taken quite often but not on niche Pokemon forums like PC was when I registered. :P

Years
Went with an electric motif (A Livewire being a wire with an electrical charge in it, touching one will probably kill you) since that's my favorite type. :D

Mackenzie

Say Somethin'!
Years
I actually have an old account with my real name on it, but now i've switched to Mackenzie because of a few reasons.

The name is not much common, and it allowed me to develop a sense of being unique in a way; also it allowed me to state my name in its proper format, "capitalizing the first letter, and following with lowercase letters" - i came to adapt the advent of this name format from several pcs after i created my first account :''>; and lastly, being taken from the pokemon game itself. Specifically, I came across a school kid named Mackenzie, a gym trainer, in Hearthome city gym from the pokemon diamond,pearl,platinum game, I thought it was a really good name, and considering the 7-char limit in the games, i'm thankful that most forums don't have that. xD

Riolucario11

Bubbly Wubbly Pony Waifu
Years
One day while playing around and drawing stuff in my sketchpad, I'd finished drawing a cute little doodle of Riolu and Lucario, two Pokémon I quite admire. After writing their names beside each other, I noticed that they could fit together quite well, hence Riolucario.

Later, I enrolled on one of my favorite communities by the name of Pokestadium, and I chose that name, contrary to my previous idea of GhostlyGiggles11 (MLP reference). I added the one-one (I say one-one instead of eleven), due to a mix of not wanting someone else to have taken my username and also because the one-one reminded me of the infamous Hitachiin Twins at the same time ^w^

And so, Riolucario11 was born. But Rio is a lot easier, eh?

Years
MisterCotton was made because I had to choose one of my favorite Pokémon, and it was Whimsicott. Now, to be completely honest, I really could of chose other of my faves, like Gallade or Escavalier. Though, if it weren't for that puffball, I would have a hard time creating a name that at least doesn't have the Pokémon's name on it, because then it would be not so original.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
Well...you see... I play Skyrim. Keizaal is Skyrim the the dragon tongue.
It's also a username I use frequently so it's easy to remember.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I've wanted my real name in real life to be Dominic since Freshman year of high school. It's what I also name myself in all of my Pokémon games. I felt it was appropriate to have my name here be there. I actually just had a conversation with my father regarding changing my name yesterday. Its a conversation I've wanted to have with him for just about as long as I've been consciously considering changing my name. It felt like what I imagine coming out feels like, actually.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I just made this account (as well as a new email, facebook, etc.) as I wanted something more personal. Let me break it down:

Dusk, despite being an awesome-sounding first name, has meaning. Dusk is the darkest time of the night by definition. I love nighttime, from the near silence, to the cool winds, to the dark and (to me) relaxing setting. On top of that, dusk is simply the most ideal time of night, where those three high points are at their greatest.

As for Lunacy, well, this one isn't as simple. Lunacy is pretty much synonymous with Lunatic, meaning someone who is crazy/insane. With all of my oddities I believe this to be true in a sense. I also like to act a tad nuts at times, because laughter to me is one of the greatest experiences ever. However, this isn't my main point. Lunacy has a secondary definition, where it not only means crazy, but crazy in the presence of the full moon. I absolutely love staring at the moon, especially when full. And at dusk, there couldn't be a better time!

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
I love comics since I was a kid and my favorite villain, as awful it sounds, always have been Loki. Also, Loki is my nickname so... why not.

Back