• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The introduction!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So as we know the game will be 3D, and recently in Pokemon games, you've had the introduction (as in what you see when you turn on the games before you go to the main menu) go from a story/cut scene type thing + advertisement, and a intro summarising the main characters, and some of the main Pokemon. With this in mind, what do you think X and Y's introduction will be like? Will it be some 3D depiction of something towards the end of the game, or maybe even some short history behind the legendaries, or will the fact that it's now 3D give opportunity for a bigger and better opening like we've never seen before? Or what if they skipped the introduction - would you mind if it was skipped this time around and straight into the story, or maybe even had Pikachu electrifying the world, then going into something about the legendaries, skipping on the usual trainer/Pokemon introduction?

What'd you like to see?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I loved B/W intro. I would like to see something like that but with more use of the 3D capabilities.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I usually like the introductions of a game, so I would love it if the intro remained~ Buut if it's skipped, I wouldn't mind either.

Maybe as an intro, it can be like a sort of brief prolouge to the main plot? And then it can have a remix of the original pokemon theme playing as it shows the main characters, followed up with the battles, some of the features, and then 'poof', the legendary appears~!

blue

gucci
Years
Maybe it will show you the silhouettes of them in the Introduction rather than revealing them straight away.

I think you will begin to hear stories about them as you travel through the Region and when you reach a certain point, you will be told a story and it will take you to a cutscene where you will catch a first glimpse of the two.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'd like to see an introduction that basically shows things like the trainers, the starter Pokémon, some characters... then showing the main legendary for the game. As for starting a new game, you should be seeing the professor of the new region, then putting in your characters name and then heading out onto an adventure. Which then goes and shows "Game Freak Presents" then switches to "Pokémon X" "Pokémon Y" (depending on which version you're playing). It would be amazing with the 3D visuals.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Hopefully the games do what Black and White did and have an intro that's a prologue to the main story. I liked how in BW, the into helped you understand a little bit about N and who he was associated with. So I really hope X and Y do that.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Have any of you seen the introduction to the Kingdom Hearts game for the 3DS, Dream Drop Distance? If not, go youtube it now. That is what this system is capable of.

I want one with graphics that are that good that perhaps shows off snippets of the storyline in that gloriously amazing quality. Not enough so that you can make sense of it without playing, but enough so that you can go "oh, that's what that'd look like if this was real!" Like with the animated Black2/White2 trailer.

I also want the legendaries attacking each other during the introduction, that is, if the legendaries are opposed to each other this time.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I really want the intro to show off the all the 3D effects, like maybe at the start, it looks like you're about to fight a wild pokemon, zooming through the grass, then the camera goes upward, and maybe gets a view on the legendary pokemon. After that, it can zoom down into the protagonist room, like in the intro when they are looking in a mirror (possibly split for both protagonists). And then it goes around seeing either something plot-related, or just some new pokemon.

Basically, I really want the 3D to show up in the introduction.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Have any of you seen the introduction to the Kingdom Hearts game for the 3DS, Dream Drop Distance? If not, go youtube it now. That is what this system is capable of.

I want one with graphics that are that good that perhaps shows off snippets of the storyline in that gloriously amazing quality. Not enough so that you can make sense of it without playing, but enough so that you can go "oh, that's what that'd look like if this was real!" Like with the animated Black2/White2 trailer.

I also want the legendaries attacking each other during the introduction, that is, if the legendaries are opposed to each other this time.
I hope so too. That intro was Epic. Imagine CGI versions of the Starter and Mascots in the Intro. Maybe even a scene with the bad guys like they've been doing since Platinum (I don't think DP had Cyrus in the intro but I don't know).

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I want to see some backstory, where did the legendaries come from, maybe the player's past, an event that changed the history of the region (like a fire or something idk xD) but something that relates to the storyline while displaying the great graphics, not just walking around, showing characters and then showing the starters. xD

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Personally? I loved Platinum's intro, and I want something like that. Something that starts out cheerful but then delves into the more eerie parts of the plot. That was AWESOME.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Hmmm... It would be awesome if they had the previous protagonists as cameos at the start then shows X and Y's protagonists travelling the region, seeing new Pokemon, battling Gym Leaders, and seeing Xerneas and Yveltal, then BOOM! The title card shows up!

That's my idea for the intro...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree with those wanting history to the region like Unova's (or at least somewhat along those lines). I just want to see something that explains coming together--

OR. How about seeing space, then the big bang, then seeing dimensions duplicating (well singling so opposite, so you get to one earth), then flash to red/blue and the chromosomes, then go to a helix zooming out into Xerneas and Yveltal, then showing a short excerpt of the story and fading out into the title screen.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
I hope there are some unique pokemon in this version
legendaries i mean

you know i have always wondered , the pokemon company and game freak should make a speacial feature for hardcore gamers to meet and swap tatics in an online type of union room on the spot during wifi

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I really loved B/W's intro! It really caught my attention and gave me that mysterious feeling that just made it so good. I also liked what Zayphora said about Platinum's intro. I'm open to anything. Whatever the intro will be, I'm expecting big HUGE things!

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
"The world of Pokemon!!!"

Oh wait, that's the anime movies...

I'd want something like Kingdom Hearts. Good music and a cool, trippy montage.

Back