• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
But he didn't use any macros that are included in "stditems.rbh". :\

Klaww, I compiled the script and it worked fine. Maybe you should copy the script into a new XSE window and try compiling it again.

Oh yeah. :(

Anyway, have you deleted your 'std' file? Because that includes the MSG_OBTAIN thing and if you have then that explains things.

Years
Hai:)

Second try for this question:

How can you find flag and variable offsets that aren't used yet? The offsets from free space finder can't be used for these, and i don't want to end up using a flag/variable that is being used by the game somewhere... I'm putting a lot of time in this hack, so i don't want to end up with a broken rom cos i've altered wrong values.

Does anybody know? Or is there a tool available that finds unused values for these?

Klaww The Clown

One With A Face
Years
But he didn't use any macros that are included in "stditems.rbh". :\

Klaww, I compiled the script and it worked fine. Maybe you should copy the script into a new XSE window and try compiling it again.
I just tried this, and it still gives me the same error.

Oh yeah. :(

Anyway, have you deleted your 'std' file? Because that includes the MSG_OBTAIN thing and if you have then that explains things.
I'm assuming you mean the "std.rbh" file inside the main XSE folder?

That's there. Although, if I open it, it looks like this, is that normal?
Spoiler:

I know I opened the stditems file, to check what OAK'S PARCEL's hex thing was, but I didn't change anything, so that's not it... I think.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I just tried this, and it still gives me the same error.

I'm assuming you mean the "std.rbh" file inside the main XSE folder?

That's there. Although, if I open it, it looks like this, is that normal?
Spoiler:

I know I opened the stditems file, to check what OAK'S PARCEL's hex thing was, but I didn't change anything, so that's not it... I think.

That's not normal, no. Try replacing that with this:
Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hai:)

Second try for this question:

How can you find flag and variable offsets that aren't used yet? The offsets from free space finder can't be used for these, and i don't want to end up using a flag/variable that is being used by the game somewhere... I'm putting a lot of time in this hack, so i don't want to end up with a broken rom cos i've altered wrong values.

Does anybody know? Or is there a tool available that finds unused values for these?
Usually flags 1000-2000 are not used.
And variables? I dunno, I think it was 7000+? =P But I'm sure that 1000-2000 flags aren't used.

Klaww The Clown

One With A Face
Years
Okay, thanks, now it compiles. :D

But, uhh...

I think there's something else wrong with my script, either that, or I've forgotten how to compile it properly.

I searched FSF for a (most likely massively large) 30,000 byte offset. (71AB8E)

I then replaced the offset in my code with it, just to make sure I had enough, because I have no idea how to tell exactly how much I need. :(

Anyway, then I click compile, and copy the offset "start".

I paste it as the MOM character's offset, (So that it says $71AB8F) save the changes to the ROM in A-Map.

I open the ROM to test, and when I talk to MOM, she looks at me, but says nothing. Then, when I press A again, she does nothing, then repeats the cycle.

It's probably something wrong with my script, maybe if someone's not too busy, could they please try my script out on the MOM character?

Sorry for pretty much hijacking this page... I think... :paranoid:

Also, @Nightcrow:

I'm not exactly sure, since I'm kinda new at this and all, but I'm pretty sure there was a list of flags used in the games in Diegoisawesome's tutorial... Or you could just follow the post right above me. :P

YOU NEED AT LEAST 15 POSTS TO POST A LINK TO ANOTHER SITE.
Wait, wha? It's the same site... :laugh:

Klaww The Clown

One With A Face
Years
I noticed that in your post, you mentioned two different addresses: '0x71A8BE' and '0x71A8BF'. You need to copy whatever address is displayed in the box that pops up when you press compile into the box in AdvanceMap. If there's any difference between the two, you will most likely run into problems.

Yeah, I guess I'm having trouble compiling it...

I never really understand it when people explain it...

I take the offset from FSF, and paste it in the script at "#dynamic @start 0x######", then when I click compile, which brings up the window with a bunch of offsets in it.

Which one do I copy? In the bottom box, there's a start offset, which is one digit different, or is it one of the ones that appear in the main window?

I tried again, with the start offset as 0x71B17C, and I pressed compile, and this is what it says in the window...

Spoiler:

Again, sorry for my stupidity when it comes to this. :p

Years
Hi again,

Sorry to bother you all with yet another question... I must seem such a noob :D

How do you make a moved character retain his spot when you make the screen reload? I have a welcomecharacter blocking you way downstairs from your room. He gives you some small info about the rom and then he steps out of your way. Now when i go downstairs and upstairs again, my sprite is located on top of the other sprite(cos it is blocking the stairs again). And when i step into the room i'm trapped because the welcome text happens only once(flagged).

So is there a command to keep a sprite at his new spot when the screen is reloaded?

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Hi again,

How do you make a moved character retain his spot when you make the screen reload? I have a welcome character blocking you way downstairs from your room. He gives you some small info about the rom and then he steps out of your way. Now when i go downstairs and upstairs again, my sprite is located on top of the other sprite(cos it is blocking the stairs again). And when i step into the room i'm trapped because the welcome text happens only once(flagged).

So is there a command to keep a sprite at his new spot when the screen is reloaded?

It's been a while since I scripted, but I think the command you're looking for is movesprite2. It moves the specified NPC to a certain location, and permanently make him stay there.

If you don't want him to block your way again, as in be removed completely from the map, you need to make him disappear using flags/variables and movement commands.

I might be wrong there, so please someone answer his question properly if I am not right. I forgot most XSE scripting commands after many, many C++ lessons.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Yeah, I guess I'm having trouble compiling it...

I never really understand it when people explain it...

I take the offset from FSF, and paste it in the script at "#dynamic @start 0x######", then when I click compile, which brings up the window with a bunch of offsets in it.

Which one do I copy? In the bottom box, there's a start offset, which is one digit different, or is it one of the ones that appear in the main window?

I tried again, with the start offset as 0x71B17C, and I pressed compile, and this is what it says in the window...

Spoiler:

Again, sorry for my stupidity when it comes to this. :p

You should copy the address of whatever script segment (e.g., "@start" or "@hey") you want to run first. In most cases, you'll want to use "@start" and, as far as I can tell, that's the one you should use in this situation too. So I guess you should try putting "71B17C" in the "Script Offset" box in AdvanceMap. If that doesn't work, I would try changing the #dynamic address to '0x800000' and then try compiling again. If that doesn't work, I can't help you and can only advise you to read a scripting tutorial.

Hi again,

How do you make a moved character retain his spot when you make the screen reload? I have a welcomecharacter blocking you way downstairs from your room. He gives you some small info about the rom and then he steps out of your way. Now when i go downstairs and upstairs again, my sprite is located on top of the other sprite(cos it is blocking the stairs again). And when i step into the room i'm trapped because the welcome text happens only once(flagged).

I believe the 'movesprite2' command makes a permanent change to an OW's location.

Years
hmmm i can't get it to work... here's the piece of script:
Spoiler:

Depending on where you stand when you talk to him(front or right), he runs to a location(applymovement) on the map(coordinates 6,6). And the goal is to keep him there when i enter that map the next time. Applymovement works so 0x1 is the correct person #. And 0x6 0x6 are the coordinates where he should stay. Yet when i enter the map again, he is at coordinates 1,10 where he started.

Does anybody see what i'm overlooking here?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
hmmm i can't get it to work... here's the piece of script:
Spoiler:

Depending on where you stand when you talk to him(front or right), he runs to a location(applymovement) on the map(coordinates 6,6). And the goal is to keep him there when i enter that map the next time. Applymovement works so 0x1 is the correct person #. And 0x6 0x6 are the coordinates where he should stay. Yet when i enter the map again, he is at coordinates 1,10 where he started.

Does anybody see what i'm overlooking here?
I'm not sure how you can permanently move an OW to different co-ordinates on the map, but try using a level script with the 'movesprite' command.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
How can i make the Magikarp seller give me a shiny swinub? Porygon 2? I already know how to make a Porygon 2,but i don't know how to make it shiny.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
How can i make the Magikarp seller give me a shiny swinub? Porygon 2? I already know how to make a Porygon 2,but i don't know how to make it shiny.
Sorry my friend but that means ASM..
You would need to know callasm and use I think shinyizer by Hackmew to find an offset, something like that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2010
So I'm looking to have a battle that allows losing like in the beginning against the rival in leaf green. I know there are types of battles such as 0x3, 0x9 etc... but in pksvui how do I get it to not send me to a pokecenter after losing. If i just knew where the code for that first battle was hidden I could do it myself.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Sorry my friend but that means ASM..
You would need to know callasm and use I think shinyizer by Hackmew to find an offset, something like that.

Actually, you don't need to have knowledge of ASM to use HackMew's Shinyzer. I believe that all you have to do (after inserting the code) is to set a variable to a certain value depending on how many pokémon you want to be shiny. Here's a tutorial on how to use it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2011
*Cough* Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time...

I figured out how to make movement commands, but where do I put them on the script?

Years
*Cough* Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time...

I figured out how to make movement commands, but where do I put them on the script?

example:
Spoiler:

This moves person ID 1: down, left,face upwards. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2011
Well, thank you for trying. I'm still at a loss on how to activate the movement and PKSV won't even load an edited version of that.. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back