• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

Khawill

<3
Years
I have a problems with religion (non-fictional) tbh, and I like to not use it much. (It is nothing with the name Aoi, just the lack of consonants in the physical word that bothers me). Also humans should save humans, that is a personal belief.

Edit* I don't think mew is much of a legendary, super rare and iconic, but it lacks the sheer power of other legendaries. And since the character it would go to is neither a player or god, I don't see too much of a problem with it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm not a religious person, however I think that the use of religious elements and storytelling can do great things. I don't think of the Bible as a doctrine for what I should believe; however, there are some rather good stories in there. Heck, most movies, books, shows and games, regardless of whether they're from the east or west, take inspiration from some religious piece. Often times you can find fascinating storytelling, conventional themes, and good use of foreshadowing. It's made up some of the greatest pieces of media in existence...well, I guess "most highly lauded" would be a more objective statement to make in place of "greatest".

But, if the flute was divine or "a chosen one"...or really was given any significance by Arceus, it would be divine intervention, and really that would be Arceus indirectly saving humans, since it was Arceus that planted the seed for communication.

...That is, unless you plan to have her be used to defeat Arceus, in which case Mako would definitely do something to thwart such a plan, both for his own reasons and mine. Granted, I have no problem with it.

So then I'll just leave it off with this: why does the Azure Flute exist?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
The reason I restricted legendary pokemon is because of the sheer negative stigma attached to them. I fear that nobody would appreciate characters running around with legendaries.

Of note: Mew's only unique quality is that it is the prototype of most non-legendary pokemon and presumably some legendary pokemon as well. It has no holy qualities whatsoever--At least, not outside the anime which worships Mew as if it were Arceus itself. But as you probably know, this RP is based on the games! So yeah.

Of other note: Pokemon is based on Shintoism, not Catholicism. Probably something to just sorta... keep in mind.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Of other note: Pokemon is based on Shintoism, not Catholicism. Probably something to just sorta... keep in mind.
I understand its religious origin, but Shintoism isn't the only (eastern) religion that Pokemon (and Arceus) delves into, and as such, it wouldn't be unlikely for divine conception, or at the very least, divine intervention, to be possible. Granted, I don't think Arceus is a Christian reference, himself; rather, the only thing about Arceus that is likely related is the move Judgment (Strike).

...Having said that, it is again up to you, here, as a lot of things about Arceus, including Arceus itself (barring in Conquest, I think) haven't been proven to true. Given that Fallout's Arceus has the power to take away all of the world's pokemon without direct contact, it does raise the question if he could do the same to humans and, if so, if he could do the inverse.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
just fyi when i said 'teams' i meant the groups we travel in the rp, I didnt mean people such as team galactic. For the religious point of view I kinda have trouble putting that in perspective as I'm sure there are probably some believers I really don't see many religious people in a time like this. And may I just ask as no-one seemed to respond to this question but - where is palkia, dialga and giritina? Ik what you'd probs say, there gone... but if arceus were to remove these three there would be no life at all! That's kinda why I mentioned the orb's.... Other legendaries would probably be gone as they have no purpose of keeping balance either... They're just my ideas.

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: Arceus is 100% shintoism. Sinnoh legendaries played heavily on that. The whole "There was nothing, and then there was an egg, and from that egg the universe as we know it burst fourth" concept is directly from the shinto equivalent of the bible.

As for what Arceus is capable of--You'll have to observe his actions in the games (Note that only the main series games are to be used here.)

Notably, his /lack/ of actions. His first move was to create beings to handle parts of his job for him instead of just ruling over space and time itself. Think of the implications from there. It took an extremely grave mistake on humanity's part for Arceus to so much as lift a finger.

Albeit, those commandments sure sound ominous... Wonder what that could mean.

@Crimson0191: Those three are in their own little worlds, far away from the virus that would definitely infect them the moment they emerged to do anything.

Also, a human wielding Giratina's pokespirit would be absolutely terrifying. I actually used that concept in one of my roleplays. It read like a creepy pasta and played like an Anne Rice book.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: Arceus is 100% shintoism. Sinnoh legendaries played heavily on that. The whole "There was nothing, and then there was an egg, and from that egg the universe as we know it burst fourth" concept is directly from the shinto equivalent of the bible.
The creation story Arceus is based off of dates back to the stories of Izanagi and Izanami, who threw down their mighty spear and Japan was created from its removal. However, the "in the beginning there was nothing, and then there was an egg" part is likely also inspired by Pangu, from Chinese myth, who was born in a eerily similar manner and also created the world more similarly than Kunitokotachi and Amenominakanushi. Shintoism states that the heaven and Earth were once one, and then the latter sank from the former due to natural impurities. Later, Izanagi stuck his mighty spear into the world and created Japan. Though, you could say that he is similar to Kunitokotachi and Amenominakanushi, who summoned Izanagi and Izanami to form the Earth, but those two were the ones that were born from the egg, as well as Pangu; though, in the case of Shinoism the egg had always existed while in the case of Pangu, like Arceus, it was created. Interestingly enough, Pangu also means "Plate Ancient". I'd say Arceus was definitely inspired by both Pangu and the creation deities of Japan.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I wasn't implying a pokespirit wielder with giritina :D giritina is also in his own world, but often enters the human world, so in a sence, a giritina sighting is bound to happen at some point, and also, when palkia or dialga realises what has happened their is bound to be some fight going on between the two and arceus. It's just the way I see it.

actually now that i think about it, there is also dexys from other planets, plus rayquaza lives beyond the ozone layer, so them two could be sighted. Also, mew is a very important and strong pokemon, and lives in areas protected, so I doubt mew would be gone.... Also I was thinking about celestic town... surely that has some clues as to how to do something.

Last edited:
Years
Hey all, I'm here to formerly announce my return to Fallout (already spoke with Yellow). For those of you not familiar or who maybe forgot, my Characters are Ignis and Fulgur.

Ignis is a headstrong fighter with a few screws loose and Fulgur, Ignis' twin brother, is an intelligent individual who spends most of his time trying to keep his brother under control.

Looking forward to jumping back into the rp.

Dawn

Years
@Crimson0191: Mew isn't important or powerful. Where would you get an idea like that? o____o I'm detecting what may be anime references here and you should know, because it's in the first post, that the RP doesn't acknowledge the anime. :P Any pokemon that don't live in entirely different dimensions (See: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus) are gone without question.

@Machomuu: I question the notion that Pokemon, a japanese game that has a record for referencing japanese lore since Gen 1, suddenly started using chinese lore in Gen 4. Especially when we can look at the 'kami trio' in Unova and say they're still using it in Gen 5.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
idk mew is cool so thts where tht idea came from :)anyhoo surely there's some way to contact the three legendaries?even if it's just a 'hey whats usp do this' kinda talk then off on some kind crazy quest for the legendaries idk im just gonna say that i think ive said enough .Anyone around children's city atm?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: I question the notion that Pokemon, a japanese game that has a record for referencing japanese lore since Gen 1, suddenly started using chinese lore in Gen 4. Especially when we can look at the 'kami trio' in Unova and say they're still using it in Gen 5.
It's not the first time they've used outside influence and it certainly wasn't the last. If we're using legendaries as a base, the majority of them are inspired by Middle Eastern and Far Eastern religions, myths, and/or creatures (barring Japan and Shintoism). Namely: the Golem Trio, the Yin Yang Trio, Arceus, The Weather Trio, The Eon Duo, Giratina, Shaymin, Darkrai, The Dog Trio (Barring Raikou), Cresselia, The Swords of Justice, Meloetta, Ho-Oh, and Keldeo. Well, The Swords of Justice aren't from the Far or Middle East, they're Western.

Regardless, all of those, including Mew, Mewtwo, Phione, and Manaphy, are non-Japan based, and there are a plethora of other pokemon that are are the same case.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
It's not the first time they've used outside influence and it certainly wasn't the last. If we're using legendaries as a base, the majority of them are inspired by Middle Eastern and Far Eastern religions, myths, and/or creatures (barring Japan and Shintoism). Namely: the Golem Trio, the Yin Yang Trio, Arceus, The Weather Trio, The Eon Duo, Giratina, Shaymin, Darkrai, The Dog Trio (Barring Raikou), Cresselia, The Swords of Justice, Meloetta, Ho-Oh, and Keldeo. Well, The Swords of Justice aren't from the Far or Middle East, they're Western.

Regardless, all of those, including Mew, Mewtwo, Phione, and Manaphy, are non-Japan based, and there are a plethora of other pokemon that are are the same case.

i honestly did not know that. You learn something new everyday :) I never knew religion was highly involved in the creation of pokemon and pokemon myths

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Alright guys, I'm stuck. I don't know what to do, maybe one of you guys could tell me a bit about anyone you've already confirmed for living in the underground? Please?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Alright guys, I'm stuck. I don't know what to do, maybe one of you guys could tell me a bit about anyone you've already confirmed for living in the underground? Please?
If you want to know a little about it, here are some quotes from the mods:
Also, where exactly did XXXXX's parents live that they had to "flee" to the Underground, which is ultimately the un-safest place on the planet at this point? Parents trying to be righteous at all would have serious troubles in the Underground, and the kid would be better off with the ageism in Jubilife.

The Underground of Sinnoh is less of an organized society like the other three key points and more of a hive of scum a villainy these days. People of all ages come here to hide or acquire the services of those whom don't want to be found. Being in this place is generally dangerous in and of itself, as those around are often at least mildly hostile to anyone they don't know. Through digging, one can find the fossils of long extinct pokemon. However, even if one acquired the technology to revive them, it would not work. They thus serve as a sad reminder of what once was. The closest thing to a ruler of this city is a pokespirit wielding young crime lord named Lizzy Borkson

Edit #1: The underground became even more hostile as a direct result of Eterna City's destruction as tensions rise between children of different ideologies over whether exterminating all the adults is really the proper course of action. Rumor has it Lizzy is not a fan of the idea.

For the history, why does he have no recollection of his family? Who raised him? How does he never have to change the location of his "home" when — again — the Underground is full of people much, much worse than him? That aside, the history is disorganized in general. Where the hell did the rope come from? How did it lead straight to Mount Coronet of all places instead of possibly dumping him in Snowpoint Temple or something? This is an act of deus ex machina, and a very annoying one to think about because the journey in getting a Pokéspirit is totally worthless. There are various places scattered around Sinnoh to go between the surface and the Underground, and he finds a rope directly connected to Mount Coronet.

Now, the history is the biggest issue, as Pokémon spirits don't travel the region without a wielder and many things need much better explaining. Pokémon spirits are pretty much Arceus-bound to the giant rock that popped up in Mount Coronet until a kid comes by, and even then another spirit can still get the kid first. Where was the old diary? It'd be nice to have the location, since even Howl likely has little idea where he's going at all. Why was he ambushed? and are they just ridiculously random ruffian adults, or was it an overly elaborate setup by the old man in the Underground with no rhyme or reason? The environment isn't exactly harsh, either — the buildings are kind of just in disrepair while various kinds of plantlife have overgrown in some areas, and reliable food supplies aren't easy to find. Some people resort to cannibalism to stay fit, and others to diminishing foraging attempts and semi-profitable thievery.

So there are definitely people down there, but if you want to interact with someone down there, it'll probably be an NPC. AFAIK there aren't any active members down there at the moment.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
actually may I disagree a little bit as, logically speaking, you can dig out a hole and border it back up and live in it... although you may starve to death.... I understand it is dangerous but there are many ways to experience the underground such as bordering up the tunnels and making them yours to live in, if you have many people then build some base together. It would be great fun plus a great story.

You could even have mini wars with another base or something like that!

Anyways I have a question. I was thinking logically (again) and thought... The resort zone should be the safest place to go atm, as the place is far away from main cities, and only rich people go. Rich people wouldn't terrorise a place so the buildings would be fine. Many people from all over go there too, so many different jobs would be occupied, making it quite a civilized place. So does that make sense? If so then after solaceon I plan to go there. :)

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Solaceon? Something tells me that name is the only silly thing about this person.

Back