• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Games Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Username: okoloto
Game(s): soul silver and blue
District:12
optional rules: no

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
Username: Hexoc
Games: Fire Red, Emerald, Black 2
Ultimate: Yes
District: 5
Optional Rules:
fire red: Must clear rockets off of Five Isle to end run
Emerald: Must Beat Steven to end run
Black 2: Must defeat N, Zekrom, Cynthia, Colress, and Upgraded Elite 4 to end run
Will likely be starting with Black 2 as I have other challenge runs going on in fire red and emerald.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Username: Phantomness
Games: Emerald 650 with wild Pokemon randomized
District: 4 (Water and Dark)
Optional Rules: Instead of forming an alliance with a Gym Leader's type by defeating their Gym, I will instead pick a random type I don't have out of a random # generator. Also, instead of receiving a gift Pokemon, I can hack in a Pokemon of one of my types (i.e. Wynaut in Emerald)

My starter choices were Suicune, Shuckle, or Zigzagoon so I picked Icelus the Suicune.
I caught Helio the Cacnea on Route 101.
On Route 103 I caught Ampere the Chinchou.
On Route 102 I caught Dromeda the Houndour.
On Route 104 I caught Maria the Sandile.
I beat Roxanne and got the Stone Badge. (Grass type)
I beat Brawly and got the Knuckle Badge. (Psychic type)
On Route 110 I caught Lily the Spheal.
And I got the Dynamo Badge from Wattson! (Steel type)
I beat Flannery and got the Heat Badge (Dragon).
I beat Norman and got the Balance Badge (Bug) because I had Helio use Needle Arm and Protect in combination!
I beat Winona and got the Feather Badge (Ghost).
I beat Tate & Liza and got the Mind Badge (Psychic).
I beat Juan and got the Rain Badge (Fire).
League Champion! Here's the proof... http://picpaste.com/a4062b110d02a5992a0f6cb36072212c.png

Final Team:
Icelus (Suicune)
Dromeda (Houndoom)
Helio (Cacturne)
Maria (Krookodile)
Ampere (Chinchou)

New sign-up!
Username: Phantomness
Games: Emerald 650 with wild Pokemon randomized
District: 7 (Grass and Ground)
Optional Rules: Instead of forming an alliance with a Gym Leader's type by defeating their Gym, I will instead pick a random type I don't have out of a random # generator. Also, instead of receiving a gift Pokemon/egg, I can hack in a Pokemon of one of my types (i.e. Wynaut and Castform in Emerald)

Last edited:

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
Started with Fire Red
Fire Red, Update 1:
Chose Squirtle, named Thresh. Caught Marvel the Pikachu in Viridian Forest. Beat Brock easily. Allied myself with Brock since many Rock-Types in Kanto are also Ground, meaning easy Lt. Surge. Caught Reginald the Geodude in Mt. Moon. In Mt. Moon, Thresh evolved. Arrived in Cerulean and went north immediately to train. Got S.S. Ticket without much trouble. Challenged Misty. Marvel easily beat her Staryu, but died against her Starmie, Thresh finished it off. En route to Vermillion, Reginald evolved. Fought all trainers on S.S. Anne and near Vermillion for training. Lt. Surge went down without much trouble.

Team:
Thresh the Wartortle

Reginald the Graveler

Dead:
Marvel the Pikachu

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hi, Blastin'TyruntZ here (Formerly KillerCroCohen) I just wanted to quit the challenge, since I lost the save...
Thank you in advance

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Progress update on my District 7 Emerald 650 run...

On Route 101 I caught Spike the Ferroseed.
On Route 103 I caught Norman the Snivy.
On Route 102 I caught Deandre the Tympole. (Tympole's evolutions are part ground so I should be able to use it?)
I defeated Roxanne and got the Stone Badge (flying) but Norman and Spike both died.
I decided to ally with Roxanne and so I headed back to Petalburg Woods and caught Karen the Emolga.
In Rusturf Tunnel I caught Harold the Charmander. (Charizard is a flying-type)
In Granite Cave I caught Niobe the Sunkern.
I can go back and fight Brawly later… I beat Wattson and got the Dynamo Badge.
Deandre evolved into Palpitoad.
I beat Flannery and got the Heat Badge.
Harold evolved into Charizard and Deandre evolved into Seismitoad.
I beat Norman and got the Balance Badge.
I beat Winona and got the Feather Badge.
I flew back to Dewford and got the Knuckle Badge from Brawly.
I beat T&L and got the Mind Badge.
I beat Juan and got the Rain Badge…

Hall of Fame... (Magikarp is Emolga and Slowpoke is Seismitoad) http://picpaste.com/5409ff8ef5eaba2ee481e1e358d0b49c.png

And for both of my previous runs, I didn't buy any items from the Marts except Poke Balls (nothing higher) for Pokemon catching purposes.

R.I.P.
Spike (Ferroseed) Lv. 3-10
Norman (Snivy) Lv. 3-12

New sign up
Name: Phantomness
District: 5 (Electric and Water)
Additional Rules: If needed, can hack in 2 Pokemon of my chosen types to replace fallen team members, one after Lavaridge Town and one after the Weather Institute (to replace Wynaut and Castform gift Pokemon). Will only use Poke Marts to buy Poke Balls, otherwise, can only use items I am given/find.

I haven't actually used this gift pokemon rule yet in my last two runs...

Last edited:

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
Fire Red Update 2: Went to Celadon, beating every trainer along the way. On the way there, caught Wiress the Voltorb. Reached Celadon and picked up Haymitch the Eevee and promptly evolved it into a Jolteon. Beat Rocket Hideout easily. Rival battle in Pokemon tower went wrong and Reginald the Graveler paid the price. Cleared tower, went to Fuschia via Cycling Road and went into Safari Zone, caught Cato the Ryhorn. Trained for a bit outside Fuschia and took down Koga afterwards. Went to Cinnabar via Pallet Town and received Brutus the Aerodactly. Battled all trainers I had skipped and easily beat Celadon Gym. Sliph Co. Went well and picked up Rue the Lapras. Sabrina and Blaine fell easily. Sevi Islands Part 1 went well. Giovanni gym battle went well. Went to Pokemon League and got there with no trouble. Loreli and Bruno went down easily, but Agatha took down Thresh with a Lucky Critical. Lance was too easy. Champion Battle, lost Brutus to his Venasaur due to a critical hit. Lost Wiress the Electrode to Alakazam despite Light Screen. Beat Champion though. Charged through Sevi Islands part 2, Second to last rocket unexpectedly had Earthquake on an Arbok, resulting in the death of Cato. Finished run regardless.

Final Team
Rue the Lapras
Haymitch the Jolteon

Dead:
Marvel the Pikachu
Reginald the Graveler
Thresh the Blastoise
Brutus the Aerodactly
Wiress the Elctrode
Cato the Rhydon

Will Continue the Ultimate with Black 2, then emerald

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
Black 2 Update 1:
Continution of my attempt at an ultimate for District 5
Choose Qwerty Oshawott. Caught Xaiver the Azurill since its final form is water type. Beat cheren no problem. Caught Beetee the Magnemite. Beat Roxie and Burgh no problem. Grinded for Elesa. Beat her with little trouble due to overpoweredness. Caught Alisa the Ducklett. Beat Clay no problem. Allied with Clay, and went into Desert Resort for the first time and caught Sevella the Trapinch. Cleared PWT and Plasma Frigate 1 no problem. Went into Chargestone cave, caught Moray the Tynamo(SUCH an original name). Left off here for now.

Team:
Qwerty the Samurott
Xaiver the Azumarill
Beetee the Magnezone
Alisa the Swanna
Sevella the Vibrava
Moray the Tynamo

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
Black 2 Update 2:
Ploughed through most of the rest of main game. No changes made to team except evolution. No deaths. Stopped at Elite 4 Entrance

Team:
Qwerty the Samurott
Beetee the Magnezone
Xaiver the Azumarill
Sevella the Flygon
Moray the Eelektross
Alisa the Swanna

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
The link isn't working and I want to see what district I would be in. I plan on doing this challenge later after I finish my current 2 and start my 3rd (only wanna do 2 at a time).

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Wow, over a page late, I swear I didn't even notice, haha! I just assumed this challenge had been running this whole time like normal. There is a huge gap of about a year on the previous page, and the owner has requested that I lock this thread. Given the resurgence of interest, expect a newer version of this challenge from JayD very soon!

Locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back