• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shinies!

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i was worried about this when i heard it was real 3D models. i'd hate for my shinies to lose their shine until they bring it back in a new game. does anyone know if shinies were in battle revolution? if they did it then, i'm sure they'll do it again in a real game.
EDIT: googled it, they did in in battle revolution. i'm fairly confident they'll bring it back for the real games.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, they even had shinies in Pokemon Stadium 2 as well, and alternate colored Pokemon. Not shinies per se, but just some Pokemon had different shades...for whatever reason. So yeah, if they did it back then, I'm sure it'll still remain. idk why I'm just now thinking of that though haha.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Shinies will never be left out. Everyone would be outraged, especially hardcore traders like myself!
Anyways, if by animation you mean the animation that occurs when you send out a shiny, I think it would include sparkly stars again. The sparkly stars have been with us since the first game that feature shiny Pokemon. Of course they would improve the animation but I hope it doesn't take up too much time since battling with a shiny takes extra time (due to Shiny animation).

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I would be very shocked if there were to remove shinies.. wouldn't be very pleased! T.T
I think Froakie would be great in a bright green or even a red.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't see why Shinies would be excluded from this Generation, I'm not really bothered by them but it's always nice when you see one ;)

shiny_fennekin_by_logicallylucy-d5quako.png

It's quite simple but it actually looks really good IMO.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Of course they will be there!
Otherwise what happens to any shinies imported from Gen V? (Assuming we will be able to import our Pokémon to Gen VI.)

This is something I am looking forward to, and hopefully shinies will sparkle constantly in-battle instead of sparkling only at the beginning.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
There would definitely be shiny Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y, and it would be absolutely amazing with the 3D models of the Pokémon in an alternate colour. It would be cool to see a Pokémon like Fennekin in a more darker red colour. This is what would give the game a really great feel to it and make players once again want to capture the shiny Pokémon.

There's no way Game Freak would forget about something like this. xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't see why shinies should be left out for this Gen. I hope the shiny versions of Pokemon will be alot more noticeable instead of putting them in their regular color with just a darker or lighter tone.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Hmm. I have never been too obsessed with shinies, but I do admit that certain shiny colors, particularly those with softer palettes, are fun to see in battle, and in 3D they can only look better. When the shiny Pokemon have neon bright palettes, it does make me wish I could turn shinies off or something.

shinx12345

Aquilla
Years
Many people brought up shiny locks, but I would also like to see that there are no guaranteed shinies either. It defeats the purpose of the shiny pokemon. Also, it would be nice if shiny pokemon had generally good Iv and whatnot. (Which is what I believe the G/S system was?)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Can't have main Pokemon games without shiny Pokemon <3 (Except in RGBY, of course.) Currently, I can't think up anything for Xerneas and Yveltal (OK, maybe I could see Yveltal being a sort of blue or purple), but I can see Froakie being pink or green instead of blue, Chespin being maybe a darker brown or black with darker green, and Fennekin being silver and white, kind of like Ninetales.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I can't imagine them not being included, Gen I was either because of lack of space or the idea didn't come up at the time, I don't know what they'll look like but hopefully nothing weird like a brown Xerneas or orange Froakie xD

Flydro

doobz
Years
Do you think shinies will be included in this generation? What alternate color schemes are you hoping for on the Pokemon that have already been revealed? Do you think certain Pokemon will get a shiny lock, like in gen V? What do you think the new shiny animation will be like?

Well if shinies aren't included, then I won't get the game. But I can't see why they wouldn't keep them in there though because it's a crucial part of the game.. for the starters I'm picking Froakie so I want his shiny colors to be cool, maybe a black/lime green with a blue cloud cape? Hopefully the shiny colors are more of a noticeable change from the normal colors (Garchomp -_-) and the shiny animation could be a circle of stars spinning around the pokemons body and then shoot off in different directions like fireworks or something. Whatever it is, I think it should be attention grabbing..I mean if we're gonna be 3D exclusive now then I don't wanna see little sparkles. Set some shiny bombs off haha

What I am more interested in is if they create a Shiny Pokemon encounter music theme. That'd make the experience even more unique!

That would be a good idea, it would def make catching a shiny even more special. Or what if they played the normal battle music they're using, but backwards? Ha would be kinda trippy but cool. I'm all for the shiny encounter music.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't see why Shinies would be excluded from this Generation, I'm not really bothered by them but it's always nice when you see one ;)

shiny_fennekin_by_logicallylucy-d5quako.png

It's quite simple but it actually looks really good IMO.
I would love Shiny Fenekin to look something like that :).

I see the frog being green, and Chespin being dark brown with deep green leaves for it's "crown".

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't see why shinies should be left out for this new generation. As I am a passionate shiny hunter myself, I would be quite upset if this were to happen.

I would definitely love a different battle music for shinies! It would make the encounter so much more meaningful. and exciting They also should perhaps make the shiny sparkles a little more noticeable, as Flydro mentioned above.

Oh, and I would like for the encounter percentage to be raised just a little though. :3

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I love shinies, always surprising me when they pop out. Though I haven't seen a single one in my history of playing Gen V, even with the Shiny Charm in BW2. Maybe they could raise the encounter rate slightly?
Who knows, maybe the region's professor will be researching that too, considering all the speculation for DNA and genetics studies.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I don't care about shiny,
I want to see the[ir] alternate colors though.

I agree with this; I don't find that shinies are a "crucial" element of the Pokemon series, but they do add a layer of depth to the Pokemon and are fun to look at.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if they were excluded, but I do say I would prefer for them to be in the game. Although judging from this thread, some people take shinies far more seriously than I do, so it is in Gamefreak's best interest to include shiny Pokemon. I don't understand why they wouldn't though.

Victini

What I am more interested in is if they create a Shiny Pokemon encounter music theme. That'd make the experience even more unique!

tumblr_mefn5ilPXE1rp2ver.gif

pleasepleasepleasePLEASE.

... I don't see why shinies wouldn't be included. Pokemon may be 3D models now but I still see no reason for alternate-colored models to be out of the production process. ^^;;

Shiny Pokemon are very popular and coveted. They wouldn't just be thrown out over a change like sprites to 3D models, I believe. Shiny hunting is something that actually keeps many fans interested in the games upon completion believe it or not... me being one of them. X//D;

Back