• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good day

Years
Hello all, my name is Josh, and I live in England. I decided to buy pokemon black version 2 the other day and after watching various videos, and reviews etc, realised I don't have a clue about pokemon anymore. The last game I played was pokemon yellow all those years ago. I had Pokemon Red as well, and I used to be an avid player. Recently however, I haven't played it much at all. After buying a Nintendo 3DS for when I deploy abroad, I was thinking of good games and naturally my mind wondered back to the days I could sit with the original Gameboy and play for hours. I looked into it and decided it looked like a good a game as I can remember.

As I said I haven't played or even looked into Pokemon in at least 6 years, so I am pretty much new to it all again. I started to google help sites to try and increase my knowledge and stumbled upon Pokemon community. After looking around the forums I decided I wanted to be part of the community so here I am...

Other then Pokemon, I'm an extremely dedicated Tottenham Hotspur fan. Watch literally all of there games and I get to the Stadium whenever I can. Anything to do with football (soccer for the Americans reading this) and I'm all over it. Be it Foozball, betting on football, playing football or watching football, I'm doing it. Other then that I like to play Fifa on the xbox and occasionally other games as well.

Hopefully that's a good enough introduction for everyone here, however if you have any questions at all don't be afraid to ask. Hopefully someone here can take me under there wing with Pokemon black ha. I won't be able to play it until Wednesday though (Busy at work :().

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
Years
Hey Josh & Welcome :D I'm also from the UK from Manchester (I don't support City or United lol) If you need any help at all come to my Pokemon dedicated Facebook page in my sig below, I also like fifa to! :D my Xbox gamertag is "Rise Titan" hit me up :)

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hey Josh! Good to have you here! I had also quit on pokemon for awhile. So I can kinda relate on how confused you might feel when coming back. But I can assure you that youll always get help from here. This is an awesome community and everyone is realy helpful. :D Im quite new here myself but if there is anything I can do to help you then please, feel free to ask. :D

Years
Hi Josh, and welcome to PC!

No, I'm not British but an Australian, so football where I am is so different. I have heard of Tottenham Hotspur btw, even though I don't follow the EPL. Glad to hear you're playing Black 2, I happen to be as well and I'm already in the post-game. Black 2 and White 2 are such awesome games, with loads of Pokemon, cool features and awesome characters! (I already caught Kyurem, Zekrom and Latios on my game and got myself a pretty badass team). I personally do prefer Black 2 over White 2, mainly cos I like the futuristic look over the natural look. We have the Black 2 and White 2 section to check out so you can share your experiences with your Black 2.

Since you haven't played since 1st Generation, you really need to catch up on a lot of Pokemon games tbh such as Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver as well as B2/W2's predecessors Black & White. I mainly played 4th and 5th Generation games due to me starting during 3rd Generation as far as Pokemon games go. I'm a massive fan of the Water-type Pokemon Oshawott, hence my Pokemon Showdown username (OshyHikari) and the fact I do love the color blue, given how well associated with Water-types it is.

Have a fun time here, and feel free to VM me if you need anything.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
Hey Josh & Welcome :D I'm also from the UK from Manchester (I don't support City or United lol) If you need any help at all come to my Pokemon dedicated Facebook page in my sig below, I also like fifa to! :D my Xbox gamertag is "Rise Titan" hit me up :)

Yeah I'll add you a bit later on today, Names TI x Sniiped Y0 or something very similar to that.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone else. Also Hikari, I did not know that so many games have come out in my absence ha. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things when I finally sink my teeth into black 2!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi, Crimbo! Welcome to PC. I like that you want to play Pokemon Black 2! This game really is one of my favorites, and I enjoyed it too. As Hikari10 said earlier, there is a Black 2 and White 2 sections to check out! And I think you should also check Video Games section. Enjoy yourself in PC and Best Wishes!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi there, Josh!

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you've come back to relive the fun! I'm and old fan like you, but I'm pretty sure you'll adjust quickly to playing the newer games because the traditions have been kept the same throughout each generation. Black 2 features some of the Pokémon of the first generation, so maybe you'll see some old Pokémon you previously saw in the first generation (Red, Blue & Yellow versions).

Soccer is pretty cool! I have a few friends who play FIFA a lot, too, and they seem to be as big a fan as you when it comes to actually watching the teams play, etc. I don't know much about soccer, but it does look entertaining to watch and probably is a very competitive sport.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to private message (or visitor message) a member or moderator! We would all be glad to help with anything you need in-game or out of game!

Hopefully we'll be seeing you around, and hopefully you'll enjoy the new games!

Years
Hi Josh and welcome to PC! Ohhh I've always wanted to visit England, seems like such a nice place. I defiantly know what you mean there... I stopped playing Pokemon after third gen, then when I came back I was lost at new things they added into the series. But after a while of playing it gets a lot easier to play.
Ohhh wow are'nt you interested in a lot of things! It'll be easy to get a lot with people when your open with all of those interests. I'm sure many people would be happy to show you around, unfortunately i'm not the best at the black and above series yet... but ill get there. :P
Hope to see you around! :)

Back