• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your least favorite type of pokemon?

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
I guess I would have to say Poison. Looking back, the only Poison type I ever really used in the 12 years playing this series was Crobat. And that was in Black 2 for Bill's sake!
Couldn't Poison have been super effective against Normal and Fighting? It'd be like how humans are susceptible to disease and smelly gym socks, you know? Heck, do it for Bug too; my mom's killed ants with deadly insect poison from Wal-Mart.
Then again, I'm not sure how those would affect the metagame, which I'm unfortunately pretty ignorant about.

I want to say Rock too since all of the Rock types I've used tend to get knocked out easily.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Fighting, at least until Mienshao the Waifu Pokemon came along. Even then, Fighting is on the whole a boring type, and none of their designs or movepools make me think 'I want that'.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
Good question. I'd probably go with dragon, on the simple grounds that none of my favorites are dragon and they seem to be extremely powerful (perhaps overrated? as Timothy said). Lance was always ridiculous in the early games.

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
Fighting, at least until Mienshao the Waifu Pokemon came along. Even then, Fighting is on the whole a boring type, and none of their designs or movepools make me think 'I want that'.
For rizzle? I act on the contrary; I usually add Fighting-type Pokémon into my 6th slot while traveling, depending on the game and region. But I can respect that perspective; Fighting inherently doesn't allow for much variety now that I think about it.

Years
For me, definitely Rock-types.

I just don't work as well with them as I would with other types, unless if it has good stats, helpful abilities, decent movepool or good typing (notable ones include Crustle, Archeops and Aggron). Pure Rock-types, as well as Rock/Ground-types always suck when I use them. Most tend to be slow too, and I don't work best with slow Pokemon.

I also was terrible at using Bug-types too but they have gotten better with newer generations.

Years
I've never cared for Rock-type moves or Pokemon as a whole. There's nothing specific that I dislike about them, but other than Aggron (which still has Steel as it's primary), I can't say as I've ever used a Rock type Pokemon in any of my playthroughs.

Years
i gotta go with the obvious choice and say bug-type. some of the designs are good. especially the new ones but they have way to many type disadvantages to be taken seriously.

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
Poison....it's a pretty crappy type...sure it only has 2 weaknesses individually but they hit nearly NOTHING super-effective other than grass and even them a lot of grass types are part something else that resist Poison anyways.

Eh oh well gotta catch 'em all right? Lol

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i agree rock types are just pitiful. i tried to use a golem in fire red once, i didnt work out too well. switched it out for dragonite.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
I go for rock type because they are pretty weak and their attacks always misses ! But rhyperior is exception because he is my fav. Rock type

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Probably Rock or Fighting. They are boring in the my opinion. I do sometimes use Fighting though, so I am going to have to say that Rock is my least favorite.

Edit: Oh, and Steel. I never use Steel.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Rock-type.
While some are good (Archeops, Terrakion, etc), they're also rather bad, as they have quite a few weaknesses, common ones too (particularly Water, Fighting and Ground, 3 common attacking types)..and most rock types have dreadful Sp.Defense and/or Rock/Ground typing, so they have a massive disadvantage.

Torrentblade

Bring on the flood.
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013
I'd have to say ghost, I mean, you can't hit two types, you have 2 main weaknesses, just a special move based move set, so yes. They are pretty bad.

Years
You rock-haters are gonna my my rhydon cry. No I don't care that its first type is ground.

I almost wanna say psychic because I have a tough type remembering what psychic's good against, but it'd probably have to be Grass. Of all the types, it's the one that appeals to me the least, and seems like a lot more of a status-inflicter. I just don't play that way.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Bugs, definitely. I hate bugs irl and Bug is seriously the worst type. Only about 5% of Bug-types are good (Scizor, Heracross, Volcarona, to a lesser extent Leavanny, and... that's it).

Back