• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Hey mate, ment to comment the other day but got distracted. Game looks good and looking forward to trying the full version out :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hey mate, ment to comment the other day but got distracted. Game looks good and looking forward to trying the full version out :)

O: I can attract actual people to this? I thought everyone lost interest by now~

Thank you for your kind words, though a full version is very far off in the future, though I'm working pretty hard (at least until school starts)
I'm gunna refine some things and progress the game further, but I'm not sure where to stop...because I want to get another release out in 3 weeks right before school starts up again, but I guess I have plenty of time to figure that out - if you'd like to be a beta tester you're welcome to!

I'm in need of beta testers x.x

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I'd gladly beta swap with you. Have you seen the turbo script I posted? It helps with play testing a lot.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
O: I can attract actual people to this? I thought everyone lost interest by now~

Thank you for your kind words, though a full version is very far off in the future, though I'm working pretty hard (at least until school starts)
I'm gunna refine some things and progress the game further, but I'm not sure where to stop...because I want to get another release out in 3 weeks right before school starts up again, but I guess I have plenty of time to figure that out - if you'd like to be a beta tester you're welcome to!

I'm in need of beta testers x.x

Not a problem, as they say "you cant hurry art"

Sure id be up for the (time permitting) let me know when you're ready and will see what I can do. Im sure you'll get there and will be worth the wait

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Not a problem, as they say "you cant hurry art"

Sure id be up for the (time permitting) let me know when you're ready and will see what I can do. Im sure you'll get there and will be worth the wait

sounds good, we'll keep in touch

as for the waiting, after a few more finishing touches, I'll be releasing a PreV3.2 (sort of a little demo before the actual release) it will be a fixer-upper of the previous version with a lot of minor glitches I found and was told up, as well as some extras I've added - including the finished berry system! and a little extra thing I'll be expanding upon~ I'm thinking of adding dungeons, and If I can get this to work the way I want, it should be very interesting~

you'll be seeing a bit of a demo dungeon in the pre-release, and a bunch of other awesome changes! If you want to be the first to try this and even help me work on it, I'm still looking for beta testers! so sign up!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Hmm I really like the idea of this game. I won't be playing tho sadly since there's no female protagonist, but it looks really really great. ^^ Keep it up.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hmm I really like the idea of this game. I won't be playing tho sadly since there's no female protagonist, but it looks really really great. ^^ Keep it up.

there may be no official female protagonist, but you can become one for all intense of purposes - along with many outfits I'm implementing, there will be plenty of female outfits to boot
(at the start you'll be able to choose male or female outfit, as you progress you'll have the opportunity to get many more outfits)
though, that will be the closest to being "female" I'll go - its just easier this way and cuts down all my outfits in half

regardless, I'm glad you at least like my game ^ ^ guess that counts for something :P

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
"Intents and purposes."

It's odd that you'd make a Pokémon game without a real boy/girl choice, since there's almost no effort involved in adding a girl option. Is the protagonist being male vital to your game?

It's also odd that someone would refuse to play a game if they couldn't play as a girl.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
"Intents and purposes."

It's odd that you'd make a Pokémon game without a real boy/girl choice, since there's almost no effort involved in adding a girl option. Is the protagonist being male vital to your game?

It's also odd that someone would refuse to play a game if they couldn't play as a girl.

ah, sorry, I always get that mixed up now I feel stupid x.x
I'm not sure how vital it is >.> but every option for outfit I'd make there'd have to be an opposite for the other gender - without the gender barrier (just being male) I could have any outfit theoretically - to cater to male and female needs

while I could do that with both options still available, it would just be awkward to implement...

I suppose to better aide the female fanbase I could have all female outfits cause everyone to respond to you as a female (such as the pronouns her, she, girl) its just the way the game is set up, through timelines and everything, Iunno I just like it better this way

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
^ That reasoning seems fine enough.

I started playing the 3.1 demo, and I chose the starter in the left pokeball. it's glitched. its sprite is just a question mark inside a ciricle and it's name is oddly "BadAss"

ill post more as i play more.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
^ That reasoning seems fine enough.

I started playing the 3.1 demo, and I chose the starter in the left pokeball. it's glitched. its sprite is just a question mark inside a ciricle and it's name is oddly "BadAss"

ill post more as i play more.

wow :D I can't believe you're playing it! I feel so honored~
its not a glitch, I added the pokemon but I have nothing more than the sprite itself - I have to finish a backsprite and the icon and the cry - but I figured I might as well let people test it out :3

also, as for the left pokeball I haven't changed the name from stunky to badass ( i was gunna do that when I finish the name, haha)

basically (I'm not sure if I told everyone this o-o) I'm making 3 new fakemon starters - poison/dark; grass/fighting; ground/psychic. I'm still working on the other 2 but I finished the poison/dark type but am still ironing out the details - what you're actually seeing is the graphics from gen3 for the unused pokemon slots :P

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
It's finally here, an update that I've been waiting for, a great achievement in the outfit department, they are now items in their own pocket ;P

another great achievement made with the help of FL. is the Grinding area! its accessible in Cyan city, and will help anyone for training at any point in the game, but you'll have to see it for yourself ;)

Without further adieu, I give to you, the pre-release of Beta-V3.2

===LINK===

-----------------------------
The next release will feature completed starters, and completed gym leaders (and revised gyms as well, and more of the towns from ardiger up to the next city plus a sewer!)
another update in the full release will be the balance system crafted by: lauerolus - he is working on fixing up some stats and even movepools for my game, that varies slightly from his own work in his game, Pokemon Rebalnce
as a sort of trade off, I'm fixing up some stuff for him, so he too will have an update, and its pretty fun, check it out after you get blown away from my game, or get tired of how terrible it is

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I have to because of the music choice - essentially MP3's are never used due to their size (as you can see) and where I uploaded it i have a minimum 200MB file size limit - if I added everything in 1 thing it would be well over 300 - I split the BGM because the hefty size is mostly there - though the entire folder of audio is just a tad over 200

My reasoning for this is for convenience
the problem is many games I;ve played is that it takes ass amounts of time for the game to load MIDI's and it doesnt load them all at once, it loads MIDI's when it encounters them
(eg) if you start in Town A that has no music the game loads fast and you start - if you travel to Town B which has MIDI it freezes the game once you enter the map to load the music

similarly, if you waited for it to load the music in Town B then went into a house with MIDI music it has been loaded so it wont freeze, however if you try to heal your pokemon for example and it is in MIDI it will then freeze in order to load those

overall I hate MIDI's entirely and most of the soundfonts for it are either not good at all or average - a lot of the stuff I have is pretty good quality sounding, and when you play there is no freezing

To simply answer you question - its for convenience of the player

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
I totally forgot about this, just downloaded the new version.
I've been teleported back to the complete beginning of the game, but I guess that's just some transition errors considering I played the first beta of the game, so now I have 5 Pokemon before the game started. Oh well. I'll see how this plays out.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I totally forgot about this, just downloaded the new version.
I've been teleported back to the complete beginning of the game, but I guess that's just some transition errors considering I played the first beta of the game, so now I have 5 Pokemon before the game started. Oh well. I'll see how this plays out.

I am going out on a limb here and say that you were on one of the later made maps after I had been working on the game for little over a year - I had begun erasing and changing maps and ended up having some maps be map "106" but I had no more than 79 maps, so in the new version I moved over every map and added new ones - I added them in order of appearance, sorry for the inconvenience, but you may get a couple hours of fun screwing around with that :P

**however, I made many changes to the beginning of the game - it would behoove you to restart, however if you choose not to I am not sure at all how game-breaking it is...certain events may or may not be ruined, or w/e - its up to you, personally I enjoy using old saves to make game breaking things happen, its fun to watch the game whig out due to how old I am XP

I'm working on a WIKIA page for the game, there you'll be able to find all the downloads for the most up-to-date game along with instructions right there - it will also contain all the information of characters and other **** you may not have even noticed :P
of course its still in a work in progress, but there are some things in existence and more to come in the next few days - it'll give the game more meaning and explain things the game doesnt by itself :P

--------------
also to all who reach the bush on road 4, you need to check a man in the adoption agency of stannum city (it's not explained very well, and I'm working on it pointing you in that direction)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Liking the game so far. Noticed a glitch in the Pre-Gym Area. Audino doesn't have a sprite lol. It's interesting that you can buy Elixers. Love that too.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I made the shops in a hurry x.x but I wanted to add variety instead of limiting you to strictly few items the goal is to have few items at the start and have almost every gym be optional with a few exceptions - however to entice the player to actually do gyms, you unlock new items from shops (they sell items to certain trainers, depending on the number of badges you'll have a "trainer rank" and depending on that "rank" you'll be able to buy more items - I'm also changing the adoption agency to be you have to buy them - but you can only get a few and depending on how full your pokedex is you get more options (of course it'll be different for every release as you wont see all the possible pokemon)

as for the audino thing I entirely forgot about that - but still I'm working on Gen 5 pokemon anyway (the ones in essentials are hideous and just downright horrible)

but I'm glad you like the pre-gym :D let me know what you think about it (I'm actually changing a lot of things x.x but it'd be helpful if I got responses from players since I'm really going off of my own experiences as a player and that may be very different from others - I dont wanna exclude certain kinds of trainers I want it to be a mutual ground where trainers of all kinds benefit from the options available

(I'm also trying to re-design the whole function of training - perhaps replacing EV/IV training for something even better than that - which would call for redesigning all the stats as well o: still, its just a dream...)

==============================================================

As for an update here is what I have planned:

The next update may take up to a month, maybe 2 (as college is fast approaching) but the day before classes starts I'll release a Beta V3.2 patch (my way of circumventing the metephorical hole I dug myself with my backwards way of naming releases haha)

it will include the current game though it may be very different from my hope of the full release - that release will include the following:

*reduction is later game levels, and a reduction in Ryann's levels, as well as the option of battling either leader (player's choice) as you need at least 1 badge - not a leader specific badge to pass on to road 4 - the pokemon will be in their teens, ardiger will be high teens/low 20's mt cratos will be 20's and aekin sourroundings will be high 20's, nothing hitting 30 yet

*mapping will be completed up to the next city (which includes the downside of the mountain, a completed lake, and a new road)

*trainers up to road 6

*shop keep item curve (mo' badges mo' items)

*completed dungeon (spoiler XP)

*adoption agency final design (changed first half with an untouched lobby - with 2 clerks behind the counter selling pokemon to good trainers (you start with 3 options and get more as you fill your pokedex)
- the adoption agency is the only way to obtain several pokemon, however it is not the case for all of them

*finished (hopefully) Pre-gym - I think there are still bugs with it, but I'll hopefully iron them out by the full release

*every Gym leader sprited and created - regardless of if they appear or not

*bug free outfit handler
---If anyone has suggestion for outfits please let me know, I would love to hear your ideas - speaking of which I'll be eliminating gary as an option, but sticking with Gold as gold is my favorite outfit of all the game's hero's - however if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears and will work with anything **theres actually a hidden outfit in the release - I challenge anyone to find it, first one to find the mysterious outfit I'm alluring to will recieve honorable mention and maybe even appear in the game :P - as a hint I tell you to check little things like decorations (rocks bushes etc) but thats it!**

* most, if not all pokemon sprited
---ALL starters sprited and coded and working

*I'm spacing out, if I remember I'll let ya guys know

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
hmm I was trying to download the demo and mediafire gives me an error.
I was wanting to play this game, it is something different, and I love the starter thing you have going.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
The game was basically unplayable, I went to rechallenge the gym and all the Groupie's had level 16 Darkrai's but still the same moveset of whatever they're actually supposed to be. Gary Oak outfit disappeared when I tried to put it on...
I'll be deleting all the files and restarting.

Back