• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Tour Series: Standard [ended, winner is Vrai!]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
To join, post your Pokémon Online username and your timezone!

[a id]what[/a id]
WHAT'S THIS?
In attempt to bring back some activity to the Battle Stadium, I will be hosting a series of tournaments that will each have a theme. These tournaments can test your team building skills, as well as battling! You don't have to be skilled in battling to join either, just have fun! At the end of this tournament series the winners of the most tournaments will receive a few [alink id=prizes]prizes[/alink id]. The amount of tournaments is undecided at the moment, since I have a lot of themes I would like to try. Additionally, this is somewhat of a test to see if Stadium is active enough for the rest of the events I am planning.

Basically, if you want to bring back activity to Stadium like it used to be, and to show that PC's battling community actually battles, participate. If you don't I will be a sad panda. So simply, very good.

[a id]theme[/a id]
THE THEME
To start this off, the theme is simply just standard 5th generation Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi as in the tier; we'll be using Pokémon Online), and the tournament style is single-elimination! Which of course, follows the usual rules.

Have any theme ideas you want to suggest? Private message me them if you want!

[a id]rules[/a id]
RULES
● All battles should be done on PC's Pokémon Online Server if possible.
● Please post the results of your battle in this thread.
● Save the logs for your battles if the need for them ever arises.
● No rematches will be given because of hax (luck).
● No cheating.

[a id]prizes[/a id]
PRIZES
1st place may choose 3 Pokémon from TwilightBlade's shop, while 2nd place gets 2 Pokémon and 3rd place gets 1 Pokémon. I may consider making it more Pokémon, considering the size of this event. Remember, these prizes are for all of the tournaments in this series, not just this one.

EMBLEMS
standard
pctsstandard.png

For the 1st place winner of this tournament.

Below are the emblems that are given out at the end of the tournament series. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are all the averaged wins of each tournament (basically, the users who win the most tournaments will get these).

participant
pctspart.png

1st place
pcts1st.png

2nd place
pcts2nd.png

3rd place
pcts3rd.png

[a id]part[/a id]
PARTICIPANTS
Username / PO Username / Timezone
1. Opposite Day / Oppowdon / GMT +1
2. Elvis Cheeseley / Elvis Cheeseley / GMT +1
3. Toujours / Toujours / GMT -5
4. .Aero / Aero / GMT -5
5. Nakuzami / Nakuzami / GMT -5
6. dragonomega / Dracon Ometeor / GMT 0
7. wonjoon0330 / Katsu / GMT -7
8. Vrai / vraikou / GMT -6
9. Precipice / Precipice / GMT 0
10. Lalapizzame / Farmer Bill, Lala, Oriental Eunuch, or Al Noodle / GMT -7
11. Karpman / Karpnoob / GMT -5
12. Regeneration / Regeneration or Teh Nub / GMT +5.5
13. Brewds567 / Brewdz / GMT -7

The deadline for joining is indefinite, but it will most likely be April 13th. Also, this list will increase once people start signing up.

[a id]rounds[/a id]
ROUNDS
ROUND ONE
Opposite Day vs Precipice
Lalapizzame vs Karpman
Nakuzami vs .Aero
Brewds567 vs wonjoon0330
Vrai vs Regeneration
dragonomega vs Elvis Cheeseley
Toujours has a bye

ROUND TWO
Precipice vs Elvis Cheeseley
Karpman vs Nakuzami
Vrai vs Toujours
wonjoon0330 has a bye

SEMI-FINALS
Elvis Cheeseley vs Vrai
Karpman vs wonjoon0330

FINALS
Vrai vs wonjoon0330

Winner is Vrai!

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'll try, username is still Toujours :3

Edit: US Eastern Time Zone! Mah bad

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for joining! Post your timezones though, so everyone can finish their battles easier when I match them up. :<

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I'd like to join as well. My times is EST (-5:00 I believe). PO username you better know.

Sexy format too. :< I must learn the art of good color schemes.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'll join :x My PO username is Dracon Ometeor >:3

idk my timezone. /lol fail. D: London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Lisbon. D:

TTC

Tommy The Cat
Years
Perhaps in the future you guys could have a section of the tournament that plays with the gamecard? There are some of us who like to compete in that way but not PO, it might be worth a shot.

Last edited:

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
I'll join just cause I want a cool Participant Emblem! ^^

My PO name: Katsu

I'm in GMT-7 timezone!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Perhaps in the future you guys could have a section of the tournament that plays with the gamecard? There are some of us who like to compete in that route but not PO, it might be worth a shot.

Agreed. I mean, I don't play WiFi but neither you nor Aura can say that the casual half of that last tournament wasn't a success.

ALSO in.

VRAIKOU @ GMT -6

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, we're going to have emblems for the 1st place winners of each tournament! (If you're confused by the other emblems in the first post, that's for when we average up the wins of all the tournaments.) Here's the current one:

pctsstandard.png

Perhaps in the future you guys could have a section of the tournament that plays with the gamecard? There are some of us who like to compete in that route but not PO, it might be worth a shot.
Yeah, I'm thinking of having a few for Wi-Fi as well, if the first one is successful.

Years
Petition for Admission

I have been implored by the gentleman from Virginia to engage in my fair share of battling, whether through the channels of the official tournaments or by the less forcible hand of an impetuous battler, and there are no parties who shall coerce me into appealing to the force of arms in an act of defense, only on a free initiative. As such, in stark contrast to my wishes for a retreat to the summer season for a withdrawal from retirement and as a response to that gentleman's steadfastness with regards to such affairs, I have decided to officially request that the capacity to be a tourney member be vested on my humble person as a temporary obligation and privilege, in the perpetual fear that the Virginian will endeavor to through attrition erode my stern resistance to such measures and the earnest hopes that he shall be appeased by my efforts to comply to his desires through this concession of trusted promise between two parties and others. Here I stand in sympathy with the principle of the right to abstain, but is it not equally righteous and fair were I to battle when the consequences are merely to be punitively put with the pitiable souls to whom no one tributes the grandness and proclamation of victory, instead of with the masculine heroes of splendor.

As the Virginian gentleman should know by now, I have several names for which I am held accountable:

Farmer Bill / Lala / Oriental Eunuch / Al Noodle

My household is located on the "West Coast", GMT should be -7 or something to that effect.

If I were to win third place or above I'd like to be compensated by forty pounds of butter, twenty pounds of coffee, and fifty pounds of the finest poultry and beef available to the West Coast.

Last edited:

TTC

Tommy The Cat
Years
Yeah, I'm thinking of having a few for Wi-Fi as well, if the first one is successful.

Excellent, I hope you do. I definitely think card play has a competitive scene waiting to grow. It just needs to be given the opportunity.

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
I'm in (even though I'll probably get owned)

PO Username: Brewdz
I'm in GMT-7

Back