• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Generation is Your Favourite and Why?

Which Generation Was Your Favourite?

• Generation I (Red, Blue and Yellow)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Generation II (Gold, Silver and Crystal)

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Generation III (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red and Leaf Green)

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Generation V (Black, White, Black 2, White 2)

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I like the last 2 gens as well, Gen III will always hold a special place in my heart because it's the very first generation I played Pokémon in.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I have to say that I loved a bit of every generation - the Pokemon of I and II, the map/region of III, the Pokemon of IV, and the story and characters of V. However, if I really had to choose, it'd be a tie between Generation II and V for just being the two that always pop up first when I think 'Pokemon.'

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I actually have a confession to make. I've never played a 3rd Gen game. Yeah. I know right. Know what, I'm gonna go buy one off E-Bay. Now. For my crimes.
But which to get....?
Ruby :]

Like many here, I like a little something from every generation. Gen I has probably the best pokémon imo. Gen II has the best region. Gen III has the best gameplay (yes, I prefer the old style). Gen IV is generally cool and brought back Johto, so! Gen V is, almost together with gen II, the region with the second best repertoire of pokémon imo. And the main story in Gen V is more interesting than the others.

But the ones that come out on top are actually gen II and V. Gen II for having a little great stuff of everything, the first day and night system and weekly events among other things, while still keeping the old school gameboy style - and of course it has Johto! Gen V is superior in many ways and I can't be bothered to mention them more than I've already done, haha.

Back