• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XP

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Here is a teaser screen shot of our map editor.
It feature's
Flood fill tools
4 layers!
Transparency
Streatching Zoom
Grid Display
Saving and Loading in special Format
Amazingly Fast Engine
28 x 24 sized maps (default)

The mapformat i have designed is completely hack proof unlike rm2k games which crackers and hackers could change the maps 2 bypass Collisions this map system cant have anything like that done to it because the first changing of data even copying and pasteing the same data over its self will corrupt the map file and generate a hack report.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Yeah the map hacking thing sucks. I just include the map in the program...more hack proof.

EDIT: Will this just be for VB?

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Every graphic? FRLG and RSE insides and out? Into 3MEGS? If so, PM me with it please :)

Does it allow custom tilesets?

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
Will this come with its battle system,you just have to import the pokemon sprites and type the attacks and stuff like that?
btw,i can send you an oven and fridge sprite,had to make it for my game,fr/lg didnt include it and i hate mixing styles...

EDIT

will you make the teleportation system so that it goes like the official one?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
It will have its own battle system
Yes every graphic from FRLG RSE and they are avalibal in the resource thread its a mix of loads of chipsets from there so im assuming it has every graphic cuz theres a darn lot lol
Plans on releseing eh hmm maby when its stable :P
Please explaine the terms BS/MS creator

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Latest Updates:
-All 4 Layers now work correctly
-Shift + Left Click Sets a tiles Block Property to true.
-Shift + Right Click Sets a tiles Block Property to false.
-Map Saving and Loading Works

TO Be done.
-Beginig work on the Engine for play its self today.

How will games work o.o! well let me tell you
With pokemon XP you will not need to have a RTP as any graphics used are in cluded in the exe its self. to distribute your game you save all your maps into a folder includinng the Key "Start Map" which is the map the engine picks up as default load then in with the Map Editor there will be a file named Pokemon XP (can be renamed) and a folder called games in this folder you put a folder with all your maps in it thus meaning if a person has the Game.exe allredy you dont need 2 make a whole 10 meg seup file 2 send them (cough like rpgmaker) you zip up all your maps and send them a small 1 meg package of maps :D but if the person does not have Game.exe then you have to include it what are the possability's of this well
Multiple games can be played with just 1 Game.exe rather than rm2k which has a 3 meg exe for ever game waisting your space which you paid for wen you braught your computer where as PMXP uses 1 game.exe for an unlimited ammount of games.

Last edited:

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
It looks great. I can't wait for its release! The teaser was nice, keep up the good work.

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
Hey i could make the gfx stuff for u
like the open,save,object one and stuff gfx

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
I dunno,im going to try to do them now

EDIT
here's the new game thing or whatever..

Last edited:

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
Hahha np,i got some more done,couldnt do the folder though,creds to Kyle_Katarn for it

Last edited:

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Thanks a heap Superiority im just resizing them now so that they are all the exact same size and fit ^^ :) thanks again

NEW updates :D heres a Photo for everyone to drool on :P

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
Sweet,and np,i love helping people out
and wow it looks amazing,cant wait for a beta or something
btw can i do something else to help?

Illusion

RMXP game maker
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Pokemon XP looks great, but will we be able to import some pictures(ex:new pokemon, new trainer etc...)?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
At first i dont think so
Me and ExtraOrd wana get everything sorted with the first 151 monsters lol since we gotta program them all and get batlles and items n stuff working Ord is programing on it now my break :P i had it for 2 days now its his 2 :P but yeah i have plans for adding Ini Scripting which gets compiled into your mapProject so u script some monsters up
Name
Hp
Att
Str
ect
Group

then when u place grass u assign group's and only monsters from the group appear
So yea Adding your own monsters is going to be a breeze.

As for changing the tile set no (full stop) this is a pokemon engine which has every pokemon graphic you dont need more lol so no changing tilesets

Changing charsets Yes there will be a choice of many Player Images + adding your own but when we start adding out own stuff this is where we get into including RTP ect so the no RTP version is a non adding stuff version where u work with what uve got but there will be a changed one where u can include graphics as u want.

Back