• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Scripting Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thanks.Machomuu you're amazing.But i think i posted this ''tutorial'' in the wrong section.People won't understand it.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Hey,I think its a waste of time to argue with the creater of this thread,all he was trying to do is help someone after all he is a newb so of coarse this won't come out right.And to the guy who posted "If I was a newb"
why were you looking here,could it be possible you were looking for a easier way to script?The bottom line is there is no point of arguing over this if your not satisfied with this tutorial than go look at another,it's simple!

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
WOW, this is amazing :D
Now I can copy something that would've taken 30 seconds to write.

*starts laughing*

Okay seriously, this is your 'quick' method of scripting?
What if something goes wrong in the script? Huh?
If you're just copying something then you wouldn't know how to fix it or what to change.
This is the biggest joke I've ever seen, and all you wrote down was a simple talking script, which by the way, has a Massive mistake.

#dynamic 0x******
#org @sample
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0xrandom MSG_FACE '"I am Ray Mav..."
release
end

'----------
'Strings
'----------
#org 0xrandom
= I am Ray Maverick.

You are supposed to use Dynamic offsets when using the command dynamic, like this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @talk 0x2
end

#org @talk
= TONY TEH AWESOME FOR MOD :D

This is a static script, the oppisite of dynamic because you find the offsets yourself
Code:
#org 0x564755
msgbox 0x800000
end

#org 0x800000
= TONY TEH AWESOME FOR MOD :D

So, and don't flame me for this because this is harshly worded criticism, you should learn how to script before making something like this.
Ok, bye.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hey, that's not very nice. He probably put a lot of time and effort into this tutorial. If you don't like it, then you don't have to comment.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
No,it is ok,leave it,he said it:Critism.

Thanks surf,i'll change it when i have the time.I quess i was very angry when i made this tutorial,that i forgot to add this,sorry.

You didn't think that i meant that,huh?You're very rude you know.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Unfortunately, our friend here is unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.

On-topic:
Nice tutorial! This will definitely help me with my hack! I hope to see more tutorials from you that are just as correct and well-explained as this one ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
How old are you,and how do i know you're superior of me?I would 'give' you my manners,if you didn't start posting negative on this thread.

These manners were only for the 1st of April,but you want to continue it.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Oh,and you're the sarcasm boy,saying sarcasms,and them brags about it?Tell me then,is this a sarcasm?
Ray:
''this tutorial is very good,it'll teach people''

Huh?Tell me,sarcasm boy!

Of course it's sarcasm, even I used it!
Seriously, you should learn that we use it always.
I'm even starting to thing Cierra was being sarcastic.

I seriously recommend you add to this tut, or it'll end up at the back of the forum, collecting dust and bad internet puns.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
If I had wanted you to know my age, I would have made it publicly available. But this is getting horribly off-topic.

I agree with S.U.R.F on his point about dynamic vs. static offsets. If you are going to use the "dynamic" preprocessing directive, then you'd better be using dynamic offsets as well, else you render the "dynamic" useless. The difference between the two would make a fine tutorial for newbies. Perhaps something also about using them together in a single script so as to recycle old segments of scripts along with new ones? Now there's an idea!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Of course it's sarcasm, even I used it!
Seriously, you should learn that we use it always.
I'm even starting to thing Cierra was being sarcastic.

I seriously recommend you add to this tut, or it'll end up at the back of the forum, collecting dust and bad internet puns.

Ok,so i must start jokes?You don't know me well.And that was no sarcasm,i meant it,it'll teach people who respect it.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Can't yall just stop trying to criticize this guy,after all he was trying to help.But Ray maybe you shouldn't have done this tut if your a beginner your self.All it is really is just taking and looking over scripts that are already inserted and see what you could do with scripting,this isn't a "quick" way to script it's simply either cut and paste,or looking over the scripts to see what you can come up with.But yeah Everyone needs to stop picking with Ray,and instead of criticizing him make a tut of your own or look at another tut rather than waste time here!!!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Can't yall just stop trying to criticize this guy,after all he was trying to help.But Ray maybe you shouldn't have done this tut if your a beginner your self.All it is really is just taking and looking over scripts that are already inserted and see what you could do with scripting,this isn't a "quick" way to script it's simply either cut and paste,or looking over the scripts to see what you can come up with.But yeah Everyone needs to stop picking with Ray,and instead of criticizing him make a tut of your own or look at another tut rather than waste time here!!!
I agree, this is a great altrnative to scripting for those who are new, can't get a scripter, don't have the time to script, or are struggling to learn scripting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Machommu,you've hitted the point.That's why this tutorial exist, for those who are new, can't get a scripter, don't have the time to script, or are struggling to learn scripting. I am using that method, because of these issues.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
personally, I prefer to use advance text for text editing, because it's easier, quicker, and it can use the original offset. Your way, however, takes a little more time, space, and effort, although I don't know how to edit the item/pokemon/amount in a-text, and it doesn't include every script, and you can't make the script longer with out risking glitches. In other words, for big script edits, or scripts missing from a-text, use this because sometimes a script is hard to remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back