• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I heard online somewhere that the Shop Management thingie was version-exclusive to Black 2. I'm just wondering if this was true or not?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Are you talking about Join Avenue? If that's the case, then Join Avenue can be found on both versions.

I don't actually know if it's Join Avenue or not. I saw on the subreddit for Pokemon that there was this shopping mall-looking place that you could customize and level up. If that IS Join Avenue, then you sir have cleared my tension. Thank you :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
There are not many differences. The only ones I can think of are the items used from evolving Electabuzz and Magmar and some hidden Gems in Reversal Mountain but other then that, everything you find is the same.
Well, okay, but I need the whole list of differences.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
If I have a Larvesta with a nickname, change the nickname back to Larvesta, then trade it away - - Will Larvesta's name change to Volcarona, or stay Larvesta?

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Hello! I kinda wanna ask this here, because the question needs a lot of digging and I don't wanna do it myself (lazy mode on xD) So...I have a Japanese White 2 ROM in my flashcart...and I have my official English Black 2 game. I wanna know...what items can be taken from the ground in White 2 that can't be taken from the ground in Black 2? Thanks.

Can't think of many but I do know Magmarizer in Black, the Electrizer in white and I think that that's it.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
This may have been asked already, but where do you find the maniac that will but things like Nuggets or Stardusts or Relic Crowns? I have a bunch I want to sell, and a not sure where to sell them at.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
You can sell those at any Pokemart

Can you get a Female Eevee in Castelia City?

yes, but there are slim chances, but if you have a ditto then you can breed anyways even if its male. If you just want a female then you may hatch one

Last edited:
Years
Does anyone know anything about what's up with Ultra Balls lately? This happened twice: I am trying to catch a Pokemon, and I throw a few Ultra Balls, then after a bit there's this strange flying sound, and then the ball shakes once and the Pokemon is caught. Does anyone know about this strange thing?

Years
Does anyone know anything about what's up with Ultra Balls lately? This happened twice: I am trying to catch a Pokemon, and I throw a few Ultra Balls, then after a bit there's this strange flying sound, and then the ball shakes once and the Pokemon is caught. Does anyone know about this strange thing?

That's a critical capture, it happens when the Poke Ball makes a clinging sound, hovers in the air for a bit and shakes once. It has a highly successful capture rate although the Pokemon can still break out.

And this can happen with any Poke Ball, not just Ultra Balls.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
That has never happened to me... I had about 10 Critical Captures in Japanese + USA versions and no Pokémon broke from critical capture...

You won't see critical captures miss often unless you're using a weak Poke Ball (or a ball like Dive Ball on something it can't use its capture rate bonus on) against something with a very low capture rate, like most legendaries, but it does happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back