• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Is it safe to use Advance Map 1.92 and 1.95 interchangeably? Due to me having to use the World Map editor.

Edit - I also want to remake my map as a DPPt map. How do I get the correct palettes for inserting into the game? It was easier for a FRLG map since the maps uses the original palettes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
I'm curious, would it be possible at all to script this:
In my hack I would like to do something like, you get a glitch pokemon however it can be 'disinfected' (remove the glitch turn it back into a normal pokemon, while retaining nicknames, moveset, held items, level ect.). Upon 'disinfecting' a roaming legendary would spring up but what legendary it is would be determined by the starter you chose. I was wondering if there could be a way to do that??? If not I'll just leave that feature out of the game.

Thanks in advance!

Not trying to be pushy or seem impatient but my scripter was bugging me about this and saying that it's impossible, so I'd really like to know. Thanks~

Years
Not trying to be pushy or seem impatient but my scripter was bugging me about this and saying that it's impossible, so I'd really like to know. Thanks~

nope its possible... though not to the extent your hoping for... but it requires some asm routines + good knowledge of scripts + a little imagination.

encryption/decryption routines.
Changing Pokemon Species.

Those plus clever use of flags and scripts and you've got urself atleast something similar to what you want.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Hello, guys can anyone please help me. I just started editing Pokemon Wild Encounters in LeafGreen using Advance Map 1.95 and everything worked great i tried it in the game. So then i looked in the folder where ROM is located and i have Pokemon - Leaf Green Version (USA).bak extension. How can i combine or patch this extension so it can stay attached to the ROM, so i can only have Pokemon - Leaf Green Version (USA).gba ROM.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hello, guys can anyone please help me. I just started editing Pokemon Wild Encounters in LeafGreen using Advance Map 1.95 and everything worked great i tried it in the game. So then i looked in the folder where ROM is located and i have Pokemon - Leaf Green Version (USA).bak extension. How can i combine or patch this extension so it can stay attached to the ROM, so i can only have Pokemon - Leaf Green Version (USA).gba ROM.

As far as I know, you can't, that .bak file serves as a save file for the ROM (something like that) but it's not needed anyway why bother....

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020

As far as I know, you can't, that .bak file serves as a save file for the ROM (something like that) but it's not needed anyway why bother....

Thanks for answering. So if i delete the bak extension will the stuff i edited be lost?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for answering. So if i delete the bak extension will the stuff i edited be lost?
No, it shouldn't, but do not delete it yet, as it is a backup version of your ROM. Basically, if something does now go wrong, you can change the extension to GBA, and you'll have the ROM as it was before the next edit, or that edit... One or the other, either way, it's a handy backup of your ROM.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
No, it shouldn't, but do not delete it yet, as it is a backup version of your ROM. Basically, if something does now go wrong, you can change the extension to GBA, and you'll have the ROM as it was before the next edit, or that edit... One or the other, either way, it's a handy backup of your ROM.

Thank you that makes sense. I was also wandering in the A-Trainer tool, is there easier way to find trainers, like by IDs or is there some kind of list of IDs for trainers.

Years
I managed to fix the first problem, the connections of the maps.

What I did to fix? I connected random maps on 4 directions (up, down, left and right) in the "rebellious map".

After I connect the 4, I removed all. So I connected just the map needed to be connected. Voila, problem solved. Thank you! :D

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Me again. Ummm, how would I make this patch work on Ruby?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6201310&postcount=164
I love the tiles and really want to use them but I don't want to use Fire Red.

I don't think there is anyway to get it to work on Ruby. The only way to use these in Ruby would probably be to insert them manually. If you look in the tutorials section there are quite a few tile insertion tutorials.

My Question:
Is there any way to prevent items from disappearing out of the inventory when they are used? There are a few items I want to make multi-use, including the TMs

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
My new DP map gets inserted correctly, it's just that the palettes are screwed. I previously used the FRLG tiles for my world map, but now I'm updating it to DPPt tiles. It was was easier since the FRLG maps used the original palettes, but DPPt tiles obviously does not. My highest area should actually be brown and not light green. I never did palette editing before. How exactly do I edit the palettes for the World map?

As you can see in my signature, what my world map is supposed to look like.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Quick questions:
1. How can I change the description texts of pokemon moves/items/... ?
2. How can I change the animations of pokemon moves?

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Is it possible to make gender exclusive evolutions in gen 3? Say if I replaced a pokemon with a Gallade, is it possible to make only Male Kirlia evolve into him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back