• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explaination of Fire types

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Can someone tell my WHY when I freeze a fire type it thaws out the same turn YET when I am frozen with a fire type I STAY frozen. Fire melts ice doesnt it or did I miss something in science class?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
It is how the game works, there is no Physics applied in the Game, just, "rules" and "laws". Frozen is very powerful status problem, mainly the reason why there is no move that can cause a 100% freezing.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
If your having problems with being frozen just teach your Pokemon flame wheel or something.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
To clarify, from Bulbapedia:
A frozen Pokémon can still use the moves Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Fusion Flare, and Scald while frozen; these moves will thaw the user [...] and deal damage to the opponent. [Pokémon with] the Magma Armor Ability are completely immune to being frozen by Ice-type moves.

Back