• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

How would you react if your idol noticed you?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
As in idol, I mean a celebrity/voice actor/inspiration that you are interested the most. I posted this is Serebii but I wanted to share the topic.

Let's say if you're either emailing your idol an email about a fan letter, and he or she responds with a nice feedback! How would you react? Would you be excited that they have responded to you, or would you feel casual?

Or how about when you were walking at a street, and they notice who you are instantly or try to help you out. How would you feel by that?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Not exactly an 'idol' but I once sent a message online to an author of a book series I used to love. She actually responded and was encouraging me with my writing. That was pretty exciting. I think I might still have a picture of her reply on my computer. :x

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'd be the happiest guy in the world if I got an email response from my favorite Artist (such as George Fisher or Tom Araya) - I wouldn't believe it, I might get the letter printed and framed.

Now, what if I saw him life in person? - well, have you seen the movie "Wayne's World" - the part where Wayne and Garth meet Alice Cooper, remember Garth's reaction he could't speak... that would be my reaction. At 27 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FT3IGXtAk

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Obviously it'd depend on if it was nice-noticed.. or not. I would be definitely flattered if they took the time to notice me for good reasons. I would love to have feedback (even constructive criticism) from artists that I admire! But I'd be worried about taking up their time.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Obviously it'd depend on if it was nice-noticed.. or not. I would be definitely flattered if they took the time to notice me for good reasons. I would love to have feedback (even constructive criticism) from artists that I admire! But I'd be worried about taking up their time.

The same thing for me. My idol is Tia Ballard. I emailed her in Christmas last year, then I emailed 2 letters of if she read my emails a few days before my birthday. Her YouTube videos inspire me to continue my goals. I told her how sweet she is for giving us a lasting quote of hers that is used in everyday life in terms of reaching goals. I loved her voice work and her a bit. But she replied and appreciated it yesterday.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
All my role models are dead. :[

Well, except Takohito Yamash-ita. I'd see if he would send me a signed copy of a drawing of Nidorina. He draws them so freaking cutely. :3

Yeah. That's all I want. I'm a very easy to please predictable sort.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I don't think I'll ever meet Shigeru Miyamoto but in a rare thing that I'd meet him I'd probably freaky out then ask for hid autograph.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Considering the person I idolize to a nearly mythical fashion is dead, I would be severely alarmed if I received some kind of comment or feedback suddenly. XD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've had a few celebrities tweet me back before, and it always makes me freak out and jump around screaming 'CHELSEA HANDLER TWEETED ME! SHE TWEETED ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'

I'm very into celebrities though, they mean a lot to me (no matter how shallow people on their high-horses think that is), so I find it hard to play it cool lol

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I...don't think I have a celebrity idol to be honest. I haven't really thought about it either, and now that the topic has been brought up, I...don't have any to mention. Hmmm... I usually look up to people (whom beome my idol(s)) who I contact on a regular basis. I mean, I have a few idols here, and I have a few idols irl.

In saying that, I wouldn't react any differently to their responses. At least I don't think I would. UNLESS, they complimented me, or helped me in some way etc.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I have a strong belief that role models and idols are super important for people so I'd be really flattered! I'd be a little nervous but I'd try to put my best face forward.

I don't have celebrity idols, but I try to keep my role models within communicable range? Professors, friends, etc. are typically my role models, seeing as I don't know most celebrities well enough or on a personable level to label them as idols.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I've never sent a fan letter to Justin Bieber -- which would state how much I love him -- but if I got a reply, I'd probably faint on the spot. Meeting him out on the streets would be such a rare occurance. Any type of noticement from the Biebs would cause me to faint, even just a simple Re-Tweet.

Back