• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash and his pokemons

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
Hello everybody , I'm kinda new here and I have a questions to ask .

I watch pokemon for a long time.. since I was very young . And I cannot help myself

Why does Ash always has so .. how to say that "weird" or just not so scary pokemons ?
- I mean .. he had some good ones.. like Charizard , Heracros , Infernape (I really miss him) and Quilava..
If i look on his current one .. seriously the only one that "could possibly " get scary is Snivy.. but only if she evolves.

Why do they make him look like "fool" ? Will he get some good pokemons in season 17 ?

- So.. Will he have some "scary " one pokemon ? I wish or I hope he will ..
There is always a pokemon who decides to join him by himself.. but I really wish him to catch some NEW COOL pokemon .. who will be finally as strong as Charizard or Heracros..

Thank you very much !

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I don't know, I don't think Ash is really trying not to have "scary" Pokémon. He loves all Pokémon, so I'm assuming it doesn't really matter to him. It just so happens that the creators chose for Ash to have more loveable and friendlier Pokémon so that more kids can relate to him. Kids (the younger ones, at least) prefer Pokémon that are happier / nicer / enforce the idea of friendship.

Giving Ash a Gengar isn't really producing the result of friendship, but it doesn't mean Gengar can't be a nice Pokémon. It may just be coincidence, or it may be the creator's decisions to ultimately do so.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
Thank you

I have to ask again

Is there any way that we will see him bulbasaur or squilter back ?

Will he ever catch a "ghost type" of pokemon ? Ghost pokemon can be nice too

*SPOILEr QUESTION*
After Ash lost in Unova.. what will happen next ? Where will he go ? How long will this episodes with team plasma and N last ?

I started watching Pokemons just recently.. My young sister made me .. It reminds me my childhood.. Sorry for my questions .. :)

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Usually they only bring his old Pokémon back for 1 or 2 episodes, just to give somewhat of a nostalgic feel or something like that. They usually never get put back on his team, unfortunately.

Will he ever catch a "ghost type" of pokemon ? Ghost pokemon can be nice too

Who knows, maybe he will. We'll just have to keep watching to see what's next for Ash & friends.

I started watching Pokemons just recently.. My young sister made me .. It reminds me my childhood.. Sorry for my questions .. :)

Haha, don't apologize for asking questions! Ask as many questions as you want. Nobody will ever turn you down for asking a question.

As for the question about Ash and Unova, I can't really say. No one really knows; maybe he'll make a comeback or something. Just gotta wait to find out. (:

Years
I know that SooperTrooper probably told you, but most Pokemon Ash catches tend to be heavily marketable stuff like starters. Based on examples I saw, if a starter belonging to Ash never evolves you could basically say it's more popular than its evolved forms.

As for older Pokemon returning, it's probably to remind viewers he has more than just the Pokemon he caught during the current saga, cos each new saga is supposed to show a new generation of kids just getting into the anime without much knowledge of Ash's past.

Also, he has caught at least one Pokemon of every type except Ghost, Psychic and Steel although he did have a Haunter temporarily in Kanto to help him battle Sabrina. The capture of Gible marked the first Dragon-type caught by the main cast, same case with Scraggy becoming the first Dark-type owned by a member of the main cast (Ash and his companions) although Ash does have another Pokemon related to a Dark-type by evolution (Corphish, which never evolved).

Back