• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Thats a good question...maybe they just want to implement a desert area in X and Y, and since Europe itself doesnt have any deserts, they will base this area on an african town/village?
Also, just because X/Y cities might be inspired by Europe, that doesnt mean the starters have anything to do with it

Actually that would be a cool concept to have a region where Fennekin would be based in in the real world. As far as being based in Europe, I really don't see what any of them really have to do over there, so who knows how they really relate to that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Thats a good question...maybe they just want to implement a desert area in X and Y, and since Europe itself doesnt have any deserts, they will base this area on an african town/village?
Also, just because X/Y cities might be inspired by Europe, that doesnt mean the starters have anything to do with it

Actually, Europe has a lot of deserts, not necessarily big deserts like the Great Victoria Desert (Australia) or the Sahara desert (North Africa) but they have deserts nonetheless.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Perhaps Froakie design will become kickass in his final evolution. When I first saw Snivy in pokemon B/W, I said out load: "Eh, that's just not my style, I think Oshawott is better." But when I first saw Snivys evolution - Serperior, I instantly changed my mind. So I picked Snivy not for Snivy, but for Serperior, and I hope the same thing happens to Froakie - unappealing at its first level, but awesome evolution.

Fennekin is based upon the Fennec fox that lives in the Sahara desert in North Africa, so I have no idea how Fennekin is related to European cultures.

You should remember France once owned colonies in North Africa, Morocco was a part of it.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Of design alone, Fenneken, but last time I loved Snivy till I saw how bad he was...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Of design alone, Fenneken, but last time I loved Snivy till I saw how bad he was...

Well generally from the speculated psychic typing it's pretty logical to assume that it won't suck :x At least if it's the expected typing it'd have a chance to be strong and hopefully have Calm Mind, and actually be able to USE it. I hope.

Soile

Eevee Breeder
Years
Fennekin, but keep him as a fox :'( That is, please do not stand up on your hind legs at the end of the evolutionary line. Just be a fire fox. Pulease.

I seriously don't know what to do if Fennekin becomes some stupid two-legged fighting fox. I think that's why I'm not pre-ordering this time around. If he does, this gen is on the same level as IV and that was my least favorite gen. I only liked Piplup. None of its evolutions, none of the other starters. At least gen V, I could live with Serperior (which is a first since gen II for me, liking the last evolution of a starter) but preferred Servine, and liked Oshawott through Dewott but not Samurott. That was a blessing! Here, I have only one option (unless Chespin gets insanely epic in his next two evolutions, but I doubt that) and I'd love a Gen VI Vulpix. Psychic type would be amazing, too. Typings like that really make me want to use them in my team, like Chandelure and Galvantula.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fennekin, but keep him as a fox :'( That is, please do not stand up on your hind legs at the end of the evolutionary line. Just be a fire fox. Pulease.

I seriously don't know what to do if Fennekin becomes some stupid two-legged fighting fox. I think that's why I'm not pre-ordering this time around. If he does, this gen is on the same level as IV and that was my least favorite gen. I only liked Piplup. None of its evolutions, none of the other starters. At least gen V, I could live with Serperior (which is a first since gen II for me, liking the last evolution of a starter) but preferred Servine, and liked Oshawott through Dewott but not Samurott. That was a blessing! Here, I have only one option (unless Chespin gets insanely epic in his next two evolutions, but I doubt that) and I'd love a Gen VI Vulpix. Psychic type would be amazing, too. Typings like that really make me want to use them in my team, like Chandelure and Galvantula.

Fennekin can be quadruped and still be Fire/Fighting just so ya know. XD It doesn't have to stand on 2 legs to be a fighting type anymore.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really doubt they'll have a fighting fox :x Like the previous ones seemed kind of obvious in design but this one has the potential to go anywhere honestly. Hopefully psychic!!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really hope Fennekin becomes something else than Fighting. i don't even care about his second type anymore, as long as it's not fighting.
And i wouldn't care too much for the design, or would you expect a Torchic to become a Fighting type if you didn't know how his evos look?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I guess, however you could somewhat predict the past fire-starters evolutions, kind of? I just don't see why they'd go with a fighting fox when a psychic fox has much greater potential (just imo though).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
could somewhat predict the past fire-starters evolutions, kind of?

I think if you only know the very first stage it's hard to tell what Type a Starter is going to be. A soon as the 2nd and 3rd stages are revealed, then i think you can formulate an educated opinion.
I'm definitely on your side though, i hope it's something like Fire/Psychic! And i can't see why they would go 3(!!) Gens with a Fire/Fighting starter...talk about creativity..

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Forever;7581662[B said:
]I guess, however you could somewhat predict the past fire-starters evolutions, kind of?[/B] I just don't see why they'd go with a fighting fox when a psychic fox has much greater potential (just imo though).

the moment i saw tepig, my first words were "Alright, not a fire/fighting this time !" And we know how that played out =/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well that's in the past and we have to look to the future! ...aka Fennekin :3 Pure fire wouldn't be bad, either. I mean it'd certainly rival Vulpix but it could be a more defensive/slower fire fox than the ones in the first generation.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I have a feeling that all Starters are going to have mixed types, or at least i hope so, since it makes them way more interesting and diverse imo.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's pretty easy for them to use evolution to make something stand up. However, if it's revealed that Fennekin evolves into Fire/Fighting then I'm not using him. I'm already planning on using Chespin, but it'd be ridiculous to see a fourth Fire/Fighting starter. It's gotten so old and I hope Game Freak realizes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back