• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen What's your name?

Guy

just a guy
Years
At the beginning of every game you're allowed to choose your protagonist's name. What will yours be? Why?

For those who didn't notice, the character limit for Pokémon names and attack moves have also been adjusted up. Do you think we'll finally be able to name our protagonists beyond the original seven character limit? If so, will this affect what your name will be?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm in the same boat. I generally just name myself Jake or whatever the actual name of the protagonist is, so I don't really run into issues with anything. It's good to see their increasing the cap on names though, as the character limit before was just extremely restrictive since there are definitely a lot of names out there that broke the limit.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
I always make my character my name, Kayla. So going beyond the seven character limit doesn't affect me.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Considering the only name I use is Ashley, it doesn't affect me.

Years
Well since my real name (Nichole) is exactly 7 characters long, I'll still be using it for my character.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I started recently trying to play with the pokemons the trainer use normally in the manga or anime mostly the one who come first and I keep the name the game give to them normally. Maybe this time it could change and if the female name is not Yvette or Yvonne I gonna name her like that.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I like to use my real name Don for story gameplay, because I don't like characters calling me Lyca, it sounds stupid... Usually I play through the story as Don and then put on Lyca, or LycaNinja now, so I can play online and have it make sense with my forum name.

Character limit is at least 12 now... That has been confirmed hasn't it?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I usually name him Ale, which is a shorter version of my real name, Alejandro.
When i play the female i just pick any girl's name i like (:

blue

gucci
Years
I always find that naming the protagonist whomever it may be after their name that they have been assigned, suits it much better than naming them after my name.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I dunno what name I`ll name myself yet, but I have till sometime in October to think of something I`ll like and not get tired of seeing.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I started using my middle name Patrick this gen, I think I'll continue with it

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Since I was going to name my self either Yuna or Xavier depending on which gender I pick in the end I'll be adding in last names like I've hoped for the past generations. If girl it'll be Yuna Taiyou (11 characters counting the space) or Xavier Tsuki (12 counting the space).

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
In terms of the protagonist name letter increase doesn't really affect me, since I'll be using Barrage as my protagonist name, and Barrage is seven letters long so having the limit increased won't bother me.

However, in terms of Pokemon names having an increased letter limit. HO HO HO, my nicknames for my Pokemon are going to be much more elaborate now.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Tch, about time we got some extra letters, my Pokemon names can be incredibly awesome now, the way I intended them to be.

Doesn't really affect my character's name tho, still gonna be my real name.

Back