• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydroxylapatite Version (OOC/SU)

What should be Kiyoshi's character's starter?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2021
Two questions-

1. Does rarity account for capture rate or the rate at which they appear? Or both?

2. Far in the future but how will evolutions that normally occur with trade go down?

Sorry if these are stupid or obvious, they're just on my mind now that we're starting

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Name7aken -

1. Both-ish, meaning I don't expect everyone to find a Spinarak and catch one. :3

2. Trade evolutions are scraped for level-up evolutions. :3

King!

better
Years
EVERYONE HANDS OFF MY SPINARAK

Assuming I'm accepted, since you never said. ._. But really....too many Pokemon I like on this first route. Dx Spinarak, Ledyba, HootHoot...and two of them are rare. :P Oh, well.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Oh, did I forget to mention this?

EVERYTIME YOU ENTER A CITY/TOWN/ROUTE/ETC. THAT HAS POKEMON IN IT, YOU MAY ONLY CAPTURE ONE POKEMON IN THAT PLACE TOTAL.

It's like Nuzlocke's "you can only catch the first Pokemon on the route you see," meaning if you want to catch something on a route, you're giving up your priveledges of catching anything different in that place.

Just so you guys don't go around wasting all your five balls so early. :3

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Screw the rules! Tyler has money!

XD I'll give you a cookie if you get that reference. But Tyler really does have money. All he has to do is ask his parents for it, though he really doesn't want to. He wants to prove he can do this on his own.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Well.... least that's better than giving up mah insert number luck points! x3 Hm.... What to catch.... URGH.

And maybe I should had waited for you Kiyoshi.... That way I can work around your post.... ah well. xD

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Nideous- I did get that refence! Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series, What Else? X3;

@All First Posts So Far- Loving the posts guys! here are the changes so far:

Witthoefft's Eevee "Vici" grew to Level Six!
Tyler's Pichu grew to Level Six!

Tyler (who, by the way, I have to remind that the GM decides whether or not you catch a Pokemon but I'll let this one slide since I was planning to give it to you anyway so you're off with a rememinder) caught a Pokemon!

Spr_2g_016.png

Pidgey

Colorless, Lv. 4

Tackle: Colorless Type; The user throws itself at the foe.
Gust: Wind Type; The user creates a strong gust of wind and throws it at the foe, causing them to be pushed violently in the direction of the wind. Does not do damage.

Congrats, Nideous!​

I look forward to everyone posting! :3​

Nideous

Years
Hm... I was not actually aware of that rule. I must have missed it. Oh well. I'll know better next time. :) And thanks! By the way, here is your promised cookie: *Gives Kiyoshi a large Peanut Butter Cookie.*

Edit: I've just been re-reading the OP, and the rule was right there plain as day. I'm not sure how I missed it. :\ Eh, sprry about that. I'll get it right next time. :)

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
xD I just realised that if Igglybuff evolves by friendship like usual, Danielle is totally gonna fail with it. unless, of course, character develeopment happens but whatever

Nideous

Years
Hahahah! Same with Pichu! She really doesn't like Tyler that much. I'll expand more on that with my next posts. :D At least she listens in battle.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Pokemon with happiness evolutions in this RP instead evolve when they experience a tense emotional relationship with their trainers (or parents in a wilds case) around levels 10-20 if they are first stage. (Exceptions like Chansey) :3

The emotion could be happiness, hate, etc.

I'll announce when that happens. :3

OH! An to CyBeastSaber-

Cy's Cleffa "Eri" is now Level Seven!

(She worked hard defeating those Pidgeys and that Hoothoot <3)

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
OH! An to CyBeastSaber-

Cy's Cleffa "Eri" is now Level Seven!

(She worked hard defeating those Pidgeys and that Hoothoot <3)

You can bet your booties I worked hard! lol Least I somewhat gained some affection points with my Eri... I kind of wanted Cy to be his weird self while he hugs/holds/carries Eri but... I guess the flow doesn't want it to be like that. 8D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2021
Same as Doronjo, had a lot of work lately and have been working on a project for some friends

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Miss Doronjo and Name7aken- Lookin' forward to it! X3

@Everyone- Thanks to Tyler Cy, a new portion of the map has been revealed!

Cherrygrove City
"The City of New Beginnings!"

This bright "city" (although it's more of a little town, being only slightly bigger than New Bark) get its title on account it was the first settlement of Johto to have been colonized by sailors from Kanto way back when. The city is accompanied by the calm tones of the lively Pokemon surrounding it. It has a nice, soothing breeze going through it. If you're not calm while here, you're doing something wrong. Because of this serenity, a lot of elderly people live here to have peace during their twilight years.

All the houses have trademark pink rooftops and a white paintjob, and an "old tyme" feel to them, being really old but well taken care of. There is also a huge sea border on the west side of the city, but a local hatchery company has made a circular-square-ish rock border to close in the sea to raise Magikarp for local fishers. Meaning, you can't swim away from the town unless you like jumping over wet and slippery sharp rocks.

Things available:

Spoiler:

There aren't many wild critters scurrying around, so you're bound to not have any luck looking for that Rattata you've always wanted. However, there are plentiful swimming Pocket Monsters in the sea hatchery! They raise some fine quality Magikarp there. But it looks like a couple of other Pokemon reside that are descendants of the sea creatures that got trapped when the hatchery company build the rock border. Harder to find, but, they may be worth it. But who totally doesn't want a Magikarp?!

Common:

• Magikarp (Fluid)
Uncommon:

• Tentacool (Venom/Electric)
Rare:

• Corsola (Fluid/Mineral)
There are two exits- Back into Route 29, or north to Route 30. Unfortunately, there is currently construction work happening on the entrance into Route 30 right now, so looks like you're stuck here until they're done. Oh dear.

Route 30: [????] (CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE)

Last edited:
Back