• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you still play the fifth generation games?

Years
Do you guys still play through the fifth generation games? If not do any of you have plans to replay through them, be it for a specific challenge (Nuzlockes, etc) or just to experience Unova again? If you do play through them is there anything you hope to do differently from past playthroughs? Or have you set your copies of B/W and B/W2 on the shelf permanently? Chat chat!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh yes, sometimes I do! I can't lie, I absolutely enjoy the storyline from the Pokemon Black and White games, and they're always fun to re-visit them for general time-killing! Occasionally I do like doing challenges there too, like recently I've done a 'basic' challenge where I didn't evolve any pokemon, nor catch any pokemon that doesn't evolve. It was pretty fun! <33

Maybe I'll catch up on B/2/W2 sometime, because I did like the post-game stuff with it, with the White Forest / Black City challenge, and the World Championship Tournament, battlin' all those gym leaders and such! Though the problem is the lack of EV trained pokemon for that, ugh.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I'm still playing it! :D I played some remake of the fifth generation and I did all the fifht generation's game (B,W,B2 and currently playing W2).

I admit I'm not playing so often because I'm too into the sixth generation :) But I still play it sometime and use it for the trades!! (to complete my pokedex)

Years
Oh yes, definitely. If you didn't see my blog on them I posted yesterday, you'd know that it's my favorite generation, and the sequels are still my favorite games in the series. A month ago I completed a Wedlocke challenge on my second copy of White 2, with Challenge Mode, a level limit and no bag items in battle. 14 deaths, half of them were after Colress in the Plasma Frigate and two were against Iris. It was really fun, because I got to use some awesome Pokémon which really did work. And I did one on White before then without the item restrictions, that was fun too but not as much as White 2 was.

Now i'm doing a Red Mono-Color on White for my Ultimate challenge there, just so I could give BW a chance for a Mono since i've done BW2 so many times. I even just bought another copy of Black 2 at Wal-Mart the other day so I could have a copy of it to have Challenge Mode for. :P

Years
Haven't played it recently, but after defeating both games the first time, I've replayed them with different starter choices and completely switched up teams. There's so many new Pokemon in Unova, having six in a team wasn't enough to hold all the ones I wanted to try out. I think right now I'm around the fourth gym in Black, and around the second gym in White 2. I have a bad, bad habit of restarting Pokemon games and leaving them unfinished as I start a new run of a different game n__n;

Years
I still play the games from time to time, but only for challenges--in fact, I played Black 2 a few months ago for a challenge I posted up. I'll also touch them when I need to transfer Pokemon, so there's that, too~ That being said, I never got through my English copy of White 2 and haven't done any of the post-game content in my Japanese White 2 and English Black 2 (even before resetting for the challenge), so I may attempt to do that at some point. Black I'm done with and won't even reset either cartridge because I love my teams (plus, why would I play through my Japanese Black again when I don't understand what's being said?) and White I started a Normal mono on but haven't gotten through yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
I usually go on my White 2 game for transferring Pokemon to my Y game, but my main team is still on it. I'm still working through the White Treehollow, too.

On a side note, I really enjoyed playing through White 2, the post game was much better than Pokemon X and Y.

Misaka

Yokoso
Years
As of right now, no because I am working on my dex in X. I really love the fifth generation games though. I am definitely going to go back and play through them again.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Absolutely. I've been replaying Black and trying to complete the Pokedex in Black 2 (:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Yeah I just restarted Black recently after finally purchasing Black 2 and remembering that interacting with a completed Black save file does something (Can't remember what).
Absolutely furious they've done away with all wi-fi capabilities on a two year-old game that I haven't even used yet though.
All pokémon games seem unique from eachother, but Black to me was almost like my first game again, as I deliberately avoided all spoilers that didn't tell me how to get Zorua (unlike HgSs where I spent so much time on Serebii I knew pretty much everything about the game without playing it), and with the whole 151 new pokémon thing the challenge was to complete the pokédex, making it like if I'd gotten LeafGreen when it was new and had friends to play with (never did get Landorus but meh).

Queen Azura

Mistress of Midnight
Years
I still play Black 2 occasionally. Sadly for me, I fell behind the march of the Pokemon franchise a little, and Nintendo shut down the Wi-Fi service right as I finally finished training the last Pokemon in my competitive lvl100 team :( I've played less since then.

Now I'm playing a lot of ROM hacks as of late, filling the void until I get a 3DS to play X or Y, and soon the Sapphire/Ruby remakes.

ShiningHelioptile