• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I have seen everything in the Unova Pokédex and is now trying to complete it. I'm about two dozen away from actually doing it.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Entry 2

So I headed out on to Route 3 a fought some trainers, pre schooler Tully "Take this, Hyperbeam!" LMAO!
Then I battled with Cheren and with my Nitro now knowing Wild Charge is was easy ;)
Caught a male Pidove and nicknamed it Aero (yes I fail at nicknames).
Battled Team Plasma in Wellspring Cave and rescued the little girl's whom Bianca was protecting Pokémon and was rewarded with Heal Balls.
Continued training after some Wi-Fi trading, then battled with N.
N was using a Tympole and I suddenly wanted one, so I went to the outter area on Pinwheel Forest and caught her.
Using Drizzle and Aero I defeated the trainers in Nacrene City Gym and then battled Lenora.
I set off with Aero's Aerial Ace leaving it with maybe 7HP from a crit and her Herdier used Take Down :P
Predicting a Retaliate from her Watchog I switched into Drizzle to take it, which let me send in Nitro freely with one Brick Break she was defeated.
She gave me the Basic Badge and the TM Retaliate, then I saved my game.

TEAM BLACK
499.gif
519.gif
535.gif

Nitro Level 19 | Aero Level 19| Drizzle Level 17

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've been training my Pokémon in the Nimbasa City Stadiums. Right now, it's Hydreigon, Pansage and Pansear.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
Pokemon White, Update 1

After playing through all of the main game with Snivy and Tepig, this time I decided to go with Oshawott and see what I can do.

2a9cxnt.jpg
Started my adventure by picking Oshawott as my starter
2a9cxnt.jpg
Beat both Cheren & Bianca
2a9cxnt.jpg
Caught a Patrat and thought about using it but changed my mind
2a9cxnt.jpg
Met Team Plasma for the first time and beat some dude named N
2a9cxnt.jpg
Made it to Route 2 & caught a Purrloin for no reason at all
2a9cxnt.jpg
Beat Bianca again and made it to Striaton City
2a9cxnt.jpg
Went to the Dreamyard and got a Pansear which I didn't plan on using at first but after thinking it over for a while I changed my mind
2a9cxnt.jpg
Pansear joins the team!
2a9cxnt.jpg
Took on Cheren for the 2nd time and won thanks to Pansear
2a9cxnt.jpg
Finally made it to the gym where I managed to defeat Cilan
2a9cxnt.jpg
Helped Fennel do her Global Link stuff while taking down some Plasma grunts in the process
2a9cxnt.jpg
Right now I'm on Route 3 thinking of Pokemon I might add to my team

501.gif
513.gif

OshawottLv.16
PansearLv.13

Last edited:

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Entry 3

Upon leaving the gym I caught Team Plasma stealing the Dragonite Skull, after meeting with Bugh we gave chase towards Pinwheel Forest. I remained outside to battle all the trainers and collect the hidden items.. It isn't a surprise that I know the locations without the aid of the Dowsing Machine since I have stared this game maybe 20 times >.<
I battled my way through the forest, team plasma grunts and trainers evolving my Aero in the process.
I caught a female Cottonee which having battled a Whimsicott on Wi-Fi with the same nickname, I named it Cloud.
Finally arrived at Castelia City and got myself a Leaf Stone from the first port and evolved my Pansage into Simisage for the Pokédex info.

Since my last post no one has posted, anyway I battled the three dancers around the city who have all three elemental monkey Pokémon between them, and earned myself an Exp. Share after winning at the battle company.
I rescued Bianca's Munna from the likes of Team Plasma and then challenged the Castelia City Pokémon Gym.
After defeating all the trainers without returning to the Pokémon Center to heal up I went against Burgh for the Beetle Badge.
A Flame Charge from my Nitro knocked his Whirlipede out in one, gaining a speed boost I did the same twice against his Dwebble.
I switched into Cloud to Attract him then realised I couldn't do anything else, so I switched in Aero for a one time Aerial Ace after his Leavanny used String Shot.
I was given the TM Struggle Bug and my third Unova gym badge.
After laughing at only taking 13hp damage throughout the whole gym I answered a call on the Xtransceiver from Bianca and saved.
TEAM BLACK
499.gif
520.gif
535.gif
546.gif

Nitro Level 26 | Aero Level 25| Drizzle Level 23 | Cloud Level 23

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I decided to send a Mudkip up into Global Link. I also received a Voltorb from the GTS and also put up an Axew in hope for a Mime Jr. in return.

I also evolved a bunch of Pokémon, including Vanilite, Cubchoo and stuff. All from Trainer battles. I'm going to do Cynthia again later.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
Pokemon White, Update 2
2a9cxnt.jpg
After thinking about it for a bit I decided not to use Pansear after all and continued down Route 3 with only Oshawott
2a9cxnt.jpg
Teamed up with Cheren and beat some more Team Plasma grunts
2a9cxnt.jpg
Before leaving the cave I ran into a dust cloud and encountered a Drilbur
2a9cxnt.jpg
Caught it and Drilbur officially becomes my 2nd team member
2a9cxnt.jpg
Oshawott evolves into Dewott before reaching Nacrene City
2a9cxnt.jpg
Arrived in Nacrene City and immediately headed to the outskirts of the Pinwheel Forest to do some training
2a9cxnt.jpg
Finished my training and went back to Nacrene to heal and enter the gym
2a9cxnt.jpg
N comes out of nowhere and I beat him with ease
2a9cxnt.jpg
Did the gym riddle stuff and made it to Lenora
2a9cxnt.jpg
Dewott falls to Herdier pretty early in the battle thanks to a critical hit but Drilbur comes in and beats both Herdier and Watchog
2a9cxnt.jpg
I earned the Basic Badge!
2a9cxnt.jpg
After leaving the gym I went into the Dream World for the first time and came back with a Likitung
2a9cxnt.jpg
Set off with Burgh to help find the Dragon skull that Team Plasma stole
2a9cxnt.jpg
Caught a Petilil to add to my team
2a9cxnt.jpg
Finished beating down Team Plasma again and made my way across the Skyarrow Bridge into Castelia City
2a9cxnt.jpg
At the moment I'm doing the various things around Castelia City while waiting to get a specific(won't reveal until next update) Pokemon from the GTS

502.gif
548.gif
529.gif

Dewott Lv.25
Petilil Lv.21
Drilbur Lv.23

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Entry 4

After recieving that call I headed to the gate just before Route 4 to battle with Bianca.
My team beat her with ease, then I continued to explore the left side of Route 4.
Cheren asked me for a battle as I started exploring the other side, Cloud and Drizzle made quick work of him.
Before going to Nimbasa City I went to the Desert Resort for the experience Pokédex info and items, aswell at the Cover Fossil for Tirtouga.
Upon arriving at Nimbasa City I helped the Day-Care Man fend off plasma grunts and they bolted.
I got the Bicycle for my troubles, the VS. Recorder at Gear Station HM04 Strength from some random dude and a Sun Stone.
I headed east on Route 16 to battle all the trainers for yet again, more experience.
Finally decided to get my fourth badge and was stopped by N, he confessed to me that he is the King of Team Plasma..
This wasn't much of a shock and won him again with my Drizzle evolving.
Using all four of my Pokémon I got through all the Emolga's in the gym and used only Drizzle to take out both her Emolga's and Cloud to knock out her Zebstrika with two Energy Ball's. Elesa then gave me the Bolt Badge and the TM Volt Switch.
I healed up at the Pokémon Center after evolving my Cloud into a Whimsicott using the Sun Stone.
TEAM BLACK
499.gif
520.gif
536.gif
547.gif

Nitro Lv.29 | Aero Lv.29 | Drizzle Lv.29 | Cloud Lv.29

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I explored every inch of Unova and now I have started to fill up my Unova dex~

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
Pokemon White, Update 3
So I got a Zorua from the GTS but due to the fact that I think it was hacked I decided not to use it..oh well

2a9cxnt.jpg
Lost the will to train Petilil so I boxed it for the time being
2a9cxnt.jpg
Went up to Route 4 to get myself a temporary Darumaka to help me with Burgh
2a9cxnt.jpg
Caught a Scraggy and a Sandile to help fill my Pokedex up
2a9cxnt.jpg
Helped Burgh take out Team Plasma again and went to his gym to challenge him
2a9cxnt.jpg
Thanks to my temporary teammate Darumaka, I swept Burgh and got the Insect Badge
2a9cxnt.jpg
Dropped off Darumaka in the PC and went to the Route 4 gate to face Bianca
2a9cxnt.jpg
Defeated Bianca again and Cheren right after
2a9cxnt.jpg
Cleared all the trainers on Route 4 and the Desert Resort and went to Nimbasa City
2a9cxnt.jpg
Beat N again and went to Route 5 to train my Pokemon before battling Elesa
2a9cxnt.jpg
Won against Elesa with only Drilbur's Rock Slide and Dig attacks
2a9cxnt.jpg
Got the Bolt Badge
2a9cxnt.jpg
Made it to Driftveil City only to have to deal with Team Plasma again
2a9cxnt.jpg
Drilbur evolves into Excadrill
2a9cxnt.jpg
After taking care of them I traded over a shiny Shelmet I found in Black yesterday
2a9cxnt.jpg
Shelmet joins the team and evolves into Accelgor
2a9cxnt.jpg
Dewott evolves into Samurott
2a9cxnt.jpg
Beat Clay and earned the Quake Badge
2a9cxnt.jpg
Got the Lucky Egg and started training my Pokemon to ridiculously high levels
2a9cxnt.jpg
Arrived in Mistralton City and went to the Celestial Tower where I found my next team member Litwick
2a9cxnt.jpg
Grinded Litwick and Accelgor up a bit and right now I'm still trying to get them caught up with Samurott & Excadrill

503.png
530.png
617.png
607.png

Samurott Lv.43
Excadrill Lv.42
Accelgor Lv.39
Litwick Lv.40

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Entry 5

After realising I have been getting a single badge each day and the time was 23:04 I rushed to switch on my DS and get a fifth badge before midnight.

I left Nimbasa City only to battle with Cheren, Nitro and Aero beat his Pokémon with ease.
I then engaged in a double battle with two children, they both owned a Herdier. My Nitro's Brick Break pretty much won me the match.
After I met Alder, Unova's Champion, I battled the trainers on Route 5 for some experience points.
Elesa lowered the Driftveil Drawbridge for Cheren and myself, which after crossing I found it's nickname to be the Charizard Bridge.
I met Clay and he warned us about team plasma grunts in the area, so I set off to the Cold Storage to catch them and a new member of my team.
This little guy was a Timid Vanillite which I nicknamed Scoop. I managed to defeat Team Plasma using only Nitro and Aero, which enabled Aero to evolve into an Unfezant. With only twenty minutes to midnight and with my Drizzle and Cloud falling behind on levels I ran to the gym.
Drizzle completely dominated the gym trainers using Scald, then came Clay.
He started out with his Krokorok and I, my Drizzle. Scald took it out in one and he was about to send in Palpitoad so I switched into Cloud for a one time Giga Drain.
Once Excadrill was up I was thinking of using Nitro's newly learned Heat Crash, but realised Bulldoze would KO me.
I kept Cloud in play and just spammed some Energy Ball's with her taking the Rock Slide's like a beast and claimed the Quake Badge. I then healed up at the Pokémon Center and gave my Scoop some light training.
TEAM BLACK
499.gif
521.gif
536.gif
547.gif
582.gif

Nitro Lv.32 | Aero Lv.32 | Drizzle Lv.32 | Cloud Lv.31 | Scoop Lv.26

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
Just wondering around Unova catching every pokemon possible and making sure I have battled all the trainers, nothing new really.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Entry 6

Upon leaving Driftveil City with my new shiny badge I was challenged by Bianca.
After her loss she started going on about becoming stronger.. quit dreaming love it isn't going to happen :)
After catching Scoop on level 22 and raising him to 25, and I like to have my team balanced I decided to use him on the next route with all the Deerling and Karrablast.
Finally reached Chargestone Cave and was presented with a TM from Clay for my victory, TM Bulldoze.
I entered the cave, and by far it is my favourite of any :)
Met with N, Professor Juniper and Bianca and two of the Shadow Triad.
Found the Pokémon within the cave for the Pokédex even though I didn't catch them.. I'll do that once finished.
Finally made it to the exit and defeated N once again, and met Cedric Juniper after he updated my Pokédex and Skyla the Mistralton City gym leader.
Headed North towards Celestial Tower battling the trainers there and my Nitro finally evolved into Emboar!! :D
Used Scoop's Ice Beam to defeat all the bird owners inside the gym, and came face to face with Skyla herself.
Was a longer battle than Clay's but was as easy and after it my Drizzle evolved into a funny looking Seismitoad as my Scoop evolved into Vanillish.
I got my sixth badge, the Jet Badge and the TM Acrobatics.
I then found the TM Aerial Ace on the Runway and saved at the Pokémon Center then saved.
Overall today was a result :)
EDIT I headed up towards Twist Mountain and battle with Cheren, he doesn't understand why he continues to lose..
Alder gave me HM03 Surf so I went back to Mistralton Cave, came face to face with Cobalion and ran away scared incase he might eat me :)
I caught myself a level 30 male Axew and couldn't think of a single nickname so it quickly hit in Draco.
Spent most of the time leveling him up as the rest of my team were at fourty.
Made my way through Twist Mountain and the Iccurus Gym. Finally reached Brycen and won.
He sent out his Vanillish as did I, two Flash Cannon's after taking one Mirror Shot it was defeated.
I accidently pressed NO when choosing to switch once his Beartic was coming at me, but I used Flash Cannon twice after a single Slash for another win.
So I decided to keep Scoop in to see if my ice cone could defeat Brycen all on his own and he did...
Cryogonal had maybe a quarter health after a single Flash Cannon and my Scoop had near to full without healing, and he hit me with Aurora Beam >.<
Scoop won me my seventh badge, the Freeze Badge and the TM Frost Breath.
My Draco finally evolved into one of my favourite fifth gen Pokémon.. Fraxure :D
I saved the game in the Pokémon Center.
TEAM BLACK
500.gif
521.gif
537.gif
547.gif
583.gif
611.gif

Nitro Lv.41 | Aero Lv.40 | Drizzle Lv.41 | Cloud Lv.40 | Scoop Lv.41 ♂ | Draco Lv.41

Last edited:
Years
* Got 4th and 5th badge.
* End up in a cave called Chargestone
*Fighting team plasma
* my pokemon are:

*Samurott level 37 (alive and well)
-move sets are: Revenge, slash, grass knot and water pulse.
*Herdier level 28 (allive and well)
- take down, work up, thunderbolt and crunch.
*Thorn level 33 (FNT atm)
-move sets are: poison jab, Body slam, stone edge, storm throw.
* Unfezant level 34 (alive and well)
-Move sets are: air cutter, roost, fly and quick attack.
*Krokorok level 31(FNT atm)
-Move sets are: crunch, earthquake, assurance and rock slide.
*Blitzle level 21 (alive and well)
-move sets are: quick attack, flame charge, thunder wave, thunder bolt

About to fight the second team palsma when I came back. Also about to head out to get my 6th badge. I also just shined my badges for fun. :D Ooooh shinyyyyyyyyyyy!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I have been training my pokemon and filling up my Unova dex. My team got to Lvl 70 so I went back to the Elite Four and I almost beat it! I lost against Adler. Both he and I had only one pokemon left (I forgot to stock up on revives) but his pokemon prevailed. I will challenge him again soon.

Now I am going to train my shiny Boldore :3

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
Pokemon White, Update 4

After clearing the Celestial Tower, I went back to Mistralton to take on Skyla for my sixth badge. Thanks to my long time team member, Excadrill, I managed to win this gym battle very easily. With my new Jet Badge and the ability to Surf around I made a few trips around Unova to pick up a few TMs. After not getting the job done time after time again, I decided to box Accelgor in favor of another shiny(Axew) I found while looking for a Dusk Stone for my Lampent. After adding Axew to my team, I found the Dusk Stone I was looking for and my Lampent evolved into Chandelure. Grinded through Twist Mountain a bit and during that training, my Axew evolved into Fraxure. After making it through Twist Mountain I arrived in Iccurus City where I defeated the Gym Leader, Brycen for my 7th badge. Once I left, I encountered the Shadow Triad again, and went on to the Dragonspiral Tower. Before I entered, I gain myself a new ally...a Brave natured Mienfoo.

503_samurott_front_norm.png
530_excadrill_front_norm.png
609_chandelure_front_norm.png
611_fraxure_front_shiny.png
619_mienfoo_front_norm.png

Samurott Lv.46
Excadrill Lv.44
Chandelure Lv.46
Fraxure Lv.42
Mienfoo Lv.30

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Entry 7

I climbed Dragonsprial Tower to defeat Team plasma and witness N run away with the legendary Zekrom, so I headed to the Desert Resort for the Light Stone, after reaching the end we realised we're all idiots and it was in Nacrene Museum all along.
This was good though as I needed to revive my Tirtouga, which I forgot -.-
Headed to Opelucid City to meet with Iris & Drayden The Spartan Mayor.
I never really understood what they said as I just kept hitting my A button.
I worked my way through the Opelucid gym with help from Scoop and Draco.
They both finally evolved into Haxorus.. rawr & Vanilluxe.. I should renickname Scoop, Scoops now I think.
Using only Scoop I defeated Drayden for my Legend Badge & the TM Dragon Tail, woo-hoo!
I finally have all eight of Unova's gym badges and on the the Pokémon League...
Professor Juniper gave me a Master Ball after my victory, probably to catch Reshiram in, but I know better (;
With both Scoop(s) and Draco being on level 49 and the rest of my team trailing behind, I decided to raise them all up to level 50 and saved.
TEAM BLACK
500.gif
521.gif
537.gif
547.gif
584.gif
612.gif

Nitro Lv.50 | Aero Lv.50 | Drizzle Lv.50 | Cloud Lv.50 | Scoops Lv.50 | Draco Lv.50

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Things done (continued from this post):
-Covered most of east Unova (Giant Chasm is left)
-Picked up most of Undersea Ruins' treasure
-Beat Cynthia

Current team:
Samurott, female, level 70
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Dive
-Megahorn
Nature: Bashful

Scolipede, male, level 62
-Megahorn
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Point

Archeops, male, level 62
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide
-Dig
-Fly
Nature: Hasty

Excadrill, female, level 62
-Strength
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
Nature: Naive
Ability: Sand Rush

Haxorus, male, level 62
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Claw
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker

Reshiram, level 62
-Dragon Pulse
-Protect
-Extrasensory
-Fusion Flare
Nature: Hasty

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
> Learned fishing in rippling water gives rare encounters
-> Why was I not informed earlier? >:U
--> Randomly goes to Dragonspiral Tower
---> Throws out Super rod in some rippling water
----> INSTANT DRAGONITE.

BulbaPedia: 1% Chance of appearing while fishing rippling water
Me: Kewl.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Fishing in rippling water gives you rare encounters? Then why do I always get Luvdisc? x_x

Anyway, lately I've just been grinding. Waiting everyday to train on the people in Nimbasa City for large amounts of experience. I tried battling Cynthia today and lost, because all my Pokemon are weak to Garchomp or something. I've got a Rhyhorn waiting in the wings to be trained after I train my Garbodor to level 70, which shouldn't take that long, and when I finish training everyone to said level, I'll take on the Elite Four again, as well as the champion and finish this challenge which I am undertaking while playing this game.
:)

Ani416MS.png

Vesperia ♀ Lv. 69
Pressure, Timid Nature
Attack Order, Slash, Heal Order, Power Gem

Ani139MS.png

Ringo ♂ Lv. 73
Shell Armor, Timid Nature
Shell Break, Protect, Ancientpower, Surf

Ani584MS.png

Espresso ♂ Lv. 73
Ice Body, Gentle Nature