• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You can't have EVERYthing…

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I wish I was someone everyone likes. There's only one person I know who seems to be friends with everyone. In a way I suppose I've always wanted to feel cool, and feel like I'm worth something or people care about me, but I've come to realise I've already got that in a very few special people in my life instead of lots.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I always dreamed of becoming the next famous football player in the world, just like Pele, Ronaldo, or my favorite players London Donovan and Freddy Montero. Due to my poor health choices I will never become one.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I had the dream that I'd be the best at everything -- that I'd be perfect. Bu then I had to face reality; that's never going to happen.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yes.
It took me a while to realize that any of my ideal careers won't happen. It's my own fault, for not studying harder. T:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
No. Believing you can't be who you want to be is the very thing preventing you.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I wanted to date the most popular guy back in high school...but I knew it wouldn't happen, because we were both on drastically different sides of high school.

And then there's the dream of becoming a meteorologist. I am not a good math person, therefore I can't be a "weather scientist".

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
A lot of the careers I wanted I figured out I just can't do. Id like to be really smart, likable and know a lot of things, but it's kinda unrealistic.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
There's nothing you can't be if you don't want it enough. If it is truly what you want, you will ensure that things go in the direction. If not... you don't really wanna be/do that. To say that you can't inhibits you and prevents growth. While on the other hand, the power of positive thinking is positively powerful.

droomph

weeb
Years
There's nothing you can't be if you don't want it enough. If it is truly what you want, you will ensure that things go in the direction. If not... you don't really wanna be/do that. To say that you can't inhibits you and prevents growth. While on the other hand, the power of positive thinking is positively powerful.

Yes, but I mean stuff that you can't control. For example, I can't have facial hair or be pretty, even if I worked really really hard to have it. Though unless you had like cortisone or something but that's not what I meant.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I don't know... there's really not *that* many things that you want to be but there's absolutely no way to get it. If such things exist, then perhaps the idea should be to try to overcome it to achieve the most similar result possible. It's the end of the year so hopefully 2013 will be a good time for me to try again at some things that I'm bad at... such as trying new things and forcing myself out of my comfort zone so I won't miss out various kinds of opportunities!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
As a younger child, I, admittedly, wanted to be someone people not only liked, but admired and strive to be, as there were many people that I also idolized. Not to say that I don't want this now or feel that I can't achieve it, but the fact that it's such a lofty goal in essence that can be achieved but will extremely difficult to achieve hinders me mentally and emotionally.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
The short answer is yes, but what I wanted to happen never really happened due to circumstances out of my control. Nothing to do with careers or anything; I feel like if anyone able to pursue a career works hard enough for it, they've got a decent change of getting there, within reason. For me it was something much more simple and something taken for granted by a lot of people. I definitely had the desire to make it happen and honestly, it should have happened, but it just didn't work out for me.

And yes I'm aware that this post is really not hugely informative given that I've not said what 'it' is. d:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I wish I was someone large and in charge, with the massive bank account to match. I also wish I was cute, fashionable, and of the opposite gender. Add to that, I wish I was one of those super-genius kids who studied calculus and nuclear physics at age six or something.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Does wanting to be a witch, wizard, Saiyan and Pokemon Master count?

If not then I guess I always wanted to be effortlessly charming and confident. I wanted things to come easily to me like they seem to come easily to other people. Instead, I'm quiet and unsure of myself, and my life is dedicated to trying to change that.

Back